2016 FIVB World League

• Serbia vs. Italy was a good match but I wouldnt say it was on very high level :obey:

Serbia missed Nikić due knee injury so Grbić didn't have any real option beside Uroš and Ivović. I must admit I was expecting Serbia to dominate in kill blocks but Italians done a good job. Uroš had 20 pts but only 15/45 in attack, Luburić was a slightly better with 15/43 and they must improve attack efficiency. Again Podraščanin had a poor match, it's like a tradition when they face Italy, Stanković wasn't any better, Lisinac solid. In any case they must improve if they want to win 1st WL title.

Seems Blengini gave up with Zaytsev on OH but it looks like he have some problems with transition back to OPP. He isn't "that" Zaytsev. In general Italy had poor attack, in 3rd set they won only 5 attacking pts (!!?). Still they had a chance to enter finals.

• Btw rbdfabio, the biggest arena in Germany has a capacity of 20.000.

20K ..ok...That`s a big arena...but would 20k show up for a Italy vs Serbia match in a World League???? I dont think so

I just checked the stats for CEV OG Qualification....and the Germany match`s had like 2.500 to 3k people...but the 2 matches vs Poland had 7.200

• 20K ..ok...That`s a big arena...but would 20k show up for a Italy vs Serbia match in a World League???? I dont think so

I just checked the stats for CEV OG Qualification....and the Germany match`s had like 2.500 to 3k people...but the 2 matches vs Poland had 7.200

20k for volleyball match .... no way :down:
    If there was an unimportant indoor soccer tournament with former Bundesliga players .... they might pull it off :drink:

The semifinals of OG Qualification was packed, I was there. :thumbup: And yes, lots of Polish fans. Berlin is quite close to the border.

• I said it was poor level given the overall quality of both teams and imho thats also fault of international schedule imposed by FIVB/CEV. Players are tired and claerly were not able to show their best. Imho there were just too many faults and simple concentration laps to call it a "great game". Maybe entertainining but surely not great level of Volleyball.

My remark towards empty hall were exactly directed at high prices. There are probably reasons for high prices (fees to FIVB?) and if you can't fill the hall in a volleyball country like Poland you should think about the reasons and draw some conclusions.

• Because the guy up there (elias hector) is saying Italy vs Serbia were playing in front of a empty hall, and FIVB needs to do something about its schedule and location etc...then I told him there were almost 3k people in the arena.... and he is from GERMANY...
    then I brought it up that last OG in Germany had only 2.5k people during Germany`s matches and the arena holds 7.2k...the arena was full only when Poland played....

• Anyway, this match is on a much higher level than 1st semifinal. Both teams are playing great volleyball at the highest technical level, only few unforced errors, clean setting technique (not that this would matter nowadays), and after a weak start from France now it's also very balanced. I really want to see 5 sets of this :super:

• What a meltdown from France, but also hats off to Eder for those serves :obey:

France has been exceptionally good at giving away big leads today. Also in 2nd and 3rd set they gave away 4-6 pts leads. But it's still far from over...