2016 FIVB World League

• Guys! Experts! etc.! I want to ask your opinion about this scene according to this law: at the first hit of the team, the ball may contact various parts of the body consecutively, provided that the contacts occur during one action.

Is it a fault?

It looks a bit awkward, i agree. Question is how you define "one action". From my point of view, that can sill be considered as such.

FiVB casebook gives an even more drastic example and says: No fault

During a first hit the ball rebounded from one arm to the other and then on to the chest of a player during one action and without being caught or thrown. The 1st referee allowed the game to continue. Is this correct?

Ruling
    The decision of the 1st referee was correct. "First hit" cases, in which successive contacts are allowed, are:
    1. Reception of the service.
    2. Reception of an attack hit. This can be either a soft or a hard attack.
    3. Reception of a ball blocked by one's own team.
    4. Reception of a ball blocked by the opponent.
    Rules 9.2.4, 9.2.3.2, 14.2

• They had a few poor games,.....

Well, actually they had quite a lot of them, to be precise. Starting with WCH in Poland, followed by ECH and OGQT. To perform, when it matters is an important skill in Volleyball :teach:

• Germany's defeat to Montenegro isn't that surprising based on Slobodan Boskan's ambitions and the fact that he arrived in Mexico with his full squad. However, Heynen still had some experienced players on court and I doubt he enjoyed losing that one.

For sure he did not enjoy it. But given the way they prepared, i actually did not expect much more. From the young ones , no one really peaked out but i won't go into any analyze here. Arriving one/half days before tournament and playing at 2300 m altitude with a, more or less, randomly picked squad for sure isn't a perfect environment.

Still worth to mention is, that Sebastian Kühner played a decent fifth set as opposite after malescha had to leave the court with cramps :thumbup:

• You can use this channel: https://www.youtube.com/channe…pM9I1FdKkjzww?spfreload=5

The channel title is Men's Volleyball HD

* I also have that message - country restriction.

All games are transmitted live on FIVB's YouTube channel. Is it restricted for you?

All games are transmitted live on FIVB's YouTube channel. Is it restricted for you?

• His name is Juraj Mokroy ( I think he is from Slovakia, if I got the flag right)...I went on youtube to watch to reply only to see who he was....and it was not worth it, I don't think he is good looking at all.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who is 1st Referee in Italy v Belgium match?
    He is very good looking..

Belgium still sleep, maybe They will wake up today.

• The absolute worst thing in Volleyball is being down 2-1 and then win the 4th set by a landslide. The opponent just rests and you always end up losing the 5th.

I think this was our only chance to win a match, now we'll need a miracle to stay in first division.

• I think Argentina can beat Poland once they are not playing 100% or at least get a point from them, and they could beat Iran. And that should be enough to make Australia or Belgium to go down ? ! ? !

• I think Argentina can beat Poland once they are not playing 100% or at least get a point from them, and they could beat Iran. And that should be enough to make Australia or Belgium to go down ? ! ? !

Beat Poland in Poland and Iran in Iran? no way.

Our only hope is everyone destroys Australia.

• Nervewracking last 2 sets in the BRA-USA match. :sos: I had to cool myself down afterwards. lol
    Regarding the game, it's incredible how David Lee always neutralizes Lucão. He didn't let a single attack go through, just like the WL in 2014. Also did Christenson's serve game decrease tremendously over his season in Italy or am I seeing things? He used to be a monster from the service line until last year.

I think this game in particular, unless someone else gives an out-of-this-world performance, just sealed the deal about which 3 MBs are going to Rio. Considering tonight alone, Éder totally deserves to go as the third one alongside Lucão and Isac, and I say this as someone who's not that much of a big fan of him. Poor Sidão.

• Of course Eder should make to the OG....

And Murilo will be a starter at the OG right? I just cant stand Lipe....

Brazil did today what they did in London vs Russia, they started 100% focused and playing perfectly, then all of the sudden they think the game is over and things get out of control...

Nervewracking last 2 sets in the BRA-USA match. :sos: I had to cool myself down afterwards. lol
    Regarding the game, it's incredible how David Lee always neutralizes Lucão. He didn't let a single attack go through, just like the WL in 2014. Also did Christenson's serve game decrease tremendously over his season in Italy or am I seeing things? He used to be a monster from the service line until last year.

I think this game in particular, unless someone else gives an out-of-this-world performance, just sealed the deal about which 3 MBs are going to Rio. Considering tonight alone, Éder totally deserves to go as the third one alongside Lucão and Isac, and I say this as someone who's not that much of a big fan of him. Poor Sidão.

• Thank you very much

• I'm watching Portugal - Slovakia and I can't describe how poor they are playing :| :thumbdown: this match isn't better from f.e Cameroon - Congo... simply pathetic level of play, so many technical mistakes even in the simpliest situations. FIVB is destroying once prestige competition.. just horribile

• Iran Belgrade Roster:

S: Marouf, Behboudi
    Op: Mahmoudi, Mirzajanpour
    OH: Mobasheri, Ebadipour, Zarini, Manavinejad
    MB: Mousavi, Gholami, Sharifat, Fallah
    L: Marandi, Zarif

Behboudi and Fallah instead of Mahdavi and Tashakori

• Of course Eder should make to the OG....

And Murilo will be a starter at the OG right? I just cant stand Lipe....

Brazil did today what they did in London vs Russia, they started 100% focused and playing perfectly, then all of the sudden they think the game is over and things get out of control...

Murilo will be a starter for sure. His reception skills are definitely needed.
    I can't stand Lipe myself either, but he'll make the OG squad 100%. If Bernardo decides to take 4 OHs (there's a chance he'll take 3 OHs and 2 liberos), the fight for the last spot will be between Douglas and Maurício Borges.

• In Group 3 play Slovenia and Germany than means Europe V-ce Champions or World Championships Bronze Medalists will stay again in the Group.. that is no good.. should be play off as 4 last Teams from Group 2 play with 4 best Teams from Group 3 one match in Group 2 Teams home.

• Idea with 3 Groups in World League is very good.
    Teams with average and low level can play together and develop Their skills.
    Where and when They can do such things?
    You Kaz watches matches from other Groups and complains.. very simple solution for U- stop watching them.

• Chinese Taipei b. Puerto Rico 3-0.

I'm curious how many Players play in NT from Team which won Asian Club Championships Gold Medals last year?