2016 FIVB World League

• Serbia 2nd week roster is like Kaliningrad, Bulgaria has one change Branimir Grozdanov instead of Lapkov, and Brazil has one change either, Borges instead of Murilo. (this is based on IRIVF news)

Iran Bulgaria had an encounter last time at 2006 FIVB championship. From those teams there still are 2 people remained, Konstantinov and Zarif.

• Canadian Roster for Saskatoon:
    #1 TJ Sanders, London, ON
    #2 Gordon Perrin, Creston, BC
    #3 Dan Lewis, Oakville, ON
    #4 Nicholas Hoag, Sherbrooke, QC|
    #5 Rudy Verhoeff, Calgary, AB
    #6 Justin Duff, Winnipeg, MB
    #8 Adam Simac, Ottawa, ON
    #10 Toon Van Lankvelt, Rivers, MB
    #11 Daniel Jansen Van Doorn, Langley, BC
    #12 Gavin Schmitt, Saskatoon, SK
    #15 Fred Winters, Victoria, BC
    #19 Blair Bann, Edmonton, AB
    #21 Jay Blankenau, Sherwood Park, AB
    #22 Steven Marshall, Abbotsford, BC

Schmitt and Perrin are back.

• not only, Lewis and Hoag are back too :wavy: this time no Vigrass and this gives group of 15 players

I wonder what's with Howatson, Schneider, Derocco or Soonias, I suppose that they're out of the fight for places in Olympic team

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• not only, Lewis and Hoag are back too :wavy: this time no Vigrass and this gives group of 15 players

I wonder what's with Howatson, Schneider, Derocco or Soonias, I suppose that they're out of the fight for places in Olympic team

I thought Winters' done with the national team, now he's back in the world league

anyone know why he didn't play in the qualifier?

• Basically, both Stanković and Grbić are saying that Serbia played very well and had unexpectedly good results the first weekend and they hope to keep up with such a good form. They're happy to be playing at home and that the crowd in Belgrade will be a able to witness a real volleyball spectacle, especially in the game against Brazil, which as Grbić puts it, is a team that always plays with their full squad and gives their best.

• Poland NT [LODZ] :

Grzegorz Łomacz, Paweł Woicki.

Dawid Konarski, Bartosz Kurek.

Mateusz Bieniek, Karol Kłos, Marcin Możdżonek, Piotr Nowakowski.

Bartosz Bednorz, Rafał Buszek, Michał Kubiak, Artur Szalpuk.

Damian Wojtaszek, Paweł Zatorski.

• :obey: Manavinejad! 18 out of 24 spikes!
    In the first set, he got 8 (or 7) points out of the first 11 points Iran had gotten!

I hope Lozano takes him to Rio instead of Mirza or Zarini who did nothing in the qualies. And hope he go to a foreign club for the next season.

• I dont think Ive seen so many aces like today....it was ace after ace after ace....and the most socking is that a couple of those aces were on Serginho....Great win for Serbia....

Serbia smashing Brazil with the serve! 16aces after three sets...overall Serbia looks in great shape! :box:

• I dont think Ive seen so many aces like today....it was ace after ace after ace....and the most socking is that a couple of those aces were on Serginho....Great win for Serbia....

Yes, today Serginho struggled a lot, strange to say.. maybe the absence of Murilo has been more relevant than I personally thought, but 20 aces is a bit too much!

• This was the single best serving performance i have ever seen in all my years following volleyball. It was 100% Serbia's merit, Brazilian reception line couldn't really do anything, especially without Murilo. All the aces just killed any momentum (or motivation, really) Brazil dreamed of building.

I also have no idea why Lucão started the match. He arrived in Serbia late, just a day or two after after his wife had a baby. Isac or Éder should've started instead.

• Brazil usually crashes the next opponent after losing like this, guess who is their next opponent :D

btw I think by winning two matches Iran is pretty safe to stay in Group 1 and still we have 3 "home" matches . interestingly they registered only 2 OPs for this world league :thumbdown: and since Ghafour is injured and Mahmoudi is out of shape (a bit injured) they played tonight with MirzaJP most of the match and still won thanks to Bulgaria :D

very impressed by Manavinejad, but still have my doubts about him.

• Apparently the gym in Serbia was so hot that Lucarelli left the game not feeling so well. Probably true since he had an ice bag on his neck and shoulders during one of the timeouts. I'd never seen towels being thrown around the gym so many times like today as well. :|

• Serbia smashing Brazil with the serve! 16aces after three sets...overall Serbia looks in great shape! :box:

20 aces in 4 sets. They did that tonight and won't repeat it again in next 10 years. But still I'm impressed how they look, simply amazing. Brazil's complaints about heat in hall is riddicoulus

• Err, did any of you even watch the game or do you simply like to trash talk Brazil for no reason whatsoever? 8|
    No one in Brazil is making any sort of excuses. Even though there's been talk about the weather conditions (which could honestly be seen through the broadcast), both Bernardo and Bruno have praised Serbia on their game today.

• I wouldn't want to be in that hall today, that's for sure.

Thank you. Geez, people in the stands were wearing light clothes and still sweating their asses off. The fact that it was hot was not an excuse at all and everyone knows it, but saying Brazil is using it as an excuse is simply spiteful.