2016 FIVB World League

• Who as Who but Brazilians should be the last Team which has a problem with hot weather.

• The heck is going on in this POL-ARG game? Just caught the stream and all the sets have gone over 25 pts so far. :huh: 26-24, 31-29, 36-38...

• Poland won eventually with 25-22 in last set :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Iran is out of F6 practically. Unless some bizarre results happens and Belgium and AUS and POL and BUL and SRB do some damages on FRA and ITA and RUS simultaneously. In this case LDvolley wont be happy.

• Greatest service performance ever ?? (Zaytsev/Italy-Belgium)

Probably not THE greatest, but definitely among the greatest performances :)

For what I remember, I can put on the table:

- Ivan's 4 aces in a row vs USA in the last WL (or it was two years ago?) at 22-24 for USA and 2-0 (or 3-1) for us. Still tough to overcome. (there is a video somewhere)

- Savani 9 aces vs M.Roma in a 3-0 victory of Lube.

- Smth like 7 aces in a row of Peda in a play off Cuneo – Treviso.

Ps nice float serves also by the Australian Roberts, today. 4 aces in a row at the beginning of the 4th (or 3rd...) set, the first three vs Priddy!

• Does anyone knows why Grabrieli Nelli is not playing? I saw a photo of him on his instagram he was at the hospital, but I dont know what happened.

I checked on his Instagram, he had an eyes surgery, so nothing to do with volleyball.

The question is if he isn't playing (or better, being in the WL shortened list) because of the surgery, or if Blengini wasn't going to give him a chance, so he had the surgery.

I think the latter.

• There are rumors in Argentina that Nicolas Uriarte withdraws from olympics. At least the tv commentators here seem to confirm it, but didn't give much details (apparently it's due personal reasons).

• Dear LDvolley
    When you were hopeless about ARG results always sth completely different has happened. Please think that ARG beats Iran at the OG :heart:

• Going into the Final Weekend for the 6 Spots for the World League Finals.

1. Serbia 6 wins, 18 points, 9 wins max, 27 points max. One win will clinch their spot
    2. Brazil 5 wins, 15 points, 8 wins max, 24 points max. Two wins will clinch their spot, may be more difficult to do with France and Poland still to play
    3. USA 5 wins, 14 points, 8 wins max, 23 points max. Two wins will clinch their spot, play Russia on final day, so better beat Australia and Bulgaria on Friday and Saturday.
    4. France 4 wins, 14 points, 7 wins max, 23 points max. Two wins will clinch their spot, but still play Brazil and Poland. A win over Belgium would leave only Russia preventing them from Finals
    5. Italy 4 wins, 12 points, 7 wins max, 21 points max. Need to win out
    6. Belgium 3 wins, 9 points, 6 wins max, 18 points max. Must win twice to overtake France and need France to lose twice (not going 5). Same for them with Italy, need the Italian to lose at least once. But Belgium has France, Brazil and Poland to play, highly unlikely they improve much
    7. Russia 3 wins, 9 points, 6 wins max, 18 points max. Must win twice (should beat Australia and Bulgaria), need Belgium to lose once and Italy to lose twice. Would need France to lose twice if against France
    8. Argentina 2 wins, 6 points, 5 wins max, 15 points max. Must win out and have Italy, Belgium and Russia lose twice each
    9. Poland is the Finals host
    10. Iran 2 wins, 5 points, 5 wins max, 14 points max. Must win out and have Italy, Belgium, Russia lose twice each, and Argentina lose once

Bulgaria and Australia have been eliminated from Finals contention.

• Thanks for your post, I was thinking Russia had a better chance to make to finals by winning the last 3 alone...and if USA wins the next 2. Russia vs USA will be really boring.....

But I think there`s only 2 European teams really wanting to play in the final round and that is Serbia and Belgium...