Men's European Championship 2017

• Regarding Juantorena. Italy did the same thing Germany did with Grozer (Hungarian) or Russia with Musersky (Ukranian)

Smells of smth here - sniff-sniff.
    Muserskiy is as Ukrainian as Freddie Mercury was Tanzanian. Grozer had his father playing for German NT. Juantorena clearly had nothing to do with Italy by birth/upbringing.

More smell re Zaytsev and Antonov. These two were firstly and mostly brought up by their parents; they may be less talented than their fathers but the skill sets were there. Lastly, the fact that they both ended up in volleyball is not just a coincidence, do agree.

• Smells of smth here - sniff-sniff.
    Muserskiy is as Ukrainian as Freddie Mercury was Tanzanian. Grozer had his father playing for German NT. Juantorena clearly had nothing to do with Italy by birth/upbringing.

More smell re Zaytsev and Antonov. These two were firstly and mostly brought up by their parents; they may be less talented than their fathers but the skill sets were there. Lastly, the fact that they both ended up in volleyball is not just a coincidence, do agree.

By following your logic, Grebennikov is not french

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Two matches that almost don't deserve anything written or said about them. Interesting opening ceremony, followed by a great atmosphere in the stadium and then a weak Polish team. Before that, a decent Russian team didn't need to anything remarkable against a weak Bulgarian side. It's actually frustrating how the Bulgarian NT can disappoint you even if you expect nothing from them. I expect a quarterfinal finish by them this time but chances are they might not even reach that level.

I watched this match and tbh, i haven't seen the Bulgarian team as week as you and would not give up hope to soon. Lets see what will happen today against Slovenia.

I really liked the russian team. Grankin seems to be motivated and inspired, young Volkov adds some energy and defensive skills, both liberos did a good job... From what i have seen so far in this tournament, the russian team imho has left the best impression.

Now we'll see is Giani like Heynen. Germany can choose their opponent in QF. If they finish 1st they'll face France in QF but if they finish as 2nd opponent in QF probably will be Belgium )I'm counting they'll beat Turkey). :whistle:

If something is to be learned from last ECH, then it is that teams that performed poorly/not well in the group, most probably won't do much better later in the tournament. I hope and i am sure that team and staff got that lesson and act accordingly :teach:

• the russian team imho has left the best impression.

I agree, and I'll add Germany, even if I watched only a small part of yesterday match. I still wouldn't put them among the real favourite, but they're not to be underestimate.

About the 'calculation of the crossing' topic, I really can't believe there are teams that may prefer playing the eightfinal in order to possibly avoid a certain team in the quarterfinal, rather than getting directly to the quarterfinal... in fact I really like this formula for this reason. I would like a more crossed quaterfinal, though.
    Anyway France pool is so unpredictable that Germany can't do any calculation xD

I'm really glad Italy is playing at the same time of France so there's no chance people can accuse them of calculations for the 2nd/3rd place (both can still be first, but for Italy is highly unpredictable). [Yes, I wanna believe neither of them would do that, and would hate it]

• Anyone has a link for Slovenia - Bulgaria? :S

http://www.bg-gledai.tv/online-bnt

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Not sure I understand and like Kovac's tactics at the end of sets. Asking for time-outs at minimal point differences, making double subs at set points, the unnecessary challenges; it has to kill the rhythm a bit.

• Not sure I understand and like Kovac's tactics at the end of sets. Asking for time-outs at minimal point differences, making double subs at set points, the unnecessary challenges; it has to kill the rhythm a bit.

Probably trying to freeze the server on bulgaria's side. I do get your point though. It could hurt both ways.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Probably trying to freeze the server on bulgaria's side. I do get your point though. It could hurt both ways.

I'm aware of that, my point is he's been doing it for two games now and it hasn't worked once since. I've always seen Slovenia as a team who defends well and is able to get ahead by team work, but stopping the game like this is not helping.

• Daaaaaaaamn, I was really hoping that Finns will take this 3rd set! Not even to see Serbs sweating a little bit more but because of finnish fans. They are fantastic and deserved to have this extra present in shape of one won set. Well, doesn't matter if their team loses badly or not, they always cheer and there are A LOT of them. I could see some of them on the streets and they are wicked cool. Sorry for this introduction but I just have to express myself how much I appreciate finnish fans. You guys are precious :flower:

Slovenians... Mega poor. Not the lack of Cebulj is that visible as lack of Giani. Chemistry was really there when he was still a coach. Those guys look like completely different team. Pity. Bulgarians could play freely because the opponent wasn't quite a threat. Now Poles can "pick" the opponent but I hope they won't calculate and just won the game. We rather don't want to face Bulgaria considering some past games. On the other hand facing Slovenia is a reminder of last ECh. Anyway. We should just win today's game. Not picking.

French team. So shaky. Yesterday I couldn't believe my eyes. Dutches didn't show anything extraordinary and I thought so that eventually French will turn the result to their advantage.

Ok. The group stage is almost over. We will have all the answers soon.