Men's European Championship 2017

• Wtf Turkey just keeps choking at the end of every single set in pretty much every single match... :wall: I still have hope though they're playing good overall

Turkey is playing really good. They just need to be more calm in the end of the sets. But even if they lost this game, i think they can beat Italy. Playing in a difficult group is better than against weak teams like Czech and Slovakia.

• So we're not out yet? Guys someone explain me pls because I don't want them to be out ;( I thought only first two were in the next round?

• 8 games all 3x0 :down: i hope on wednesday all games will be 3x2 :box:

I expected more from Slovenia. I dont know if Gasparini was injured or not, but if he was not i think it was a mistake to use him only today, even if Stern had played 2 great games. Kozamernik is not playing good, maybe it would be better to try Koncilja.

• So we're not out yet? Guys someone explain me pls because I don't want them to be out ;( I thought only first two were in the next round?

So we're not out yet? Guys someone explain me pls because I don't want them to be out ;( I thought only first two were in the next round?

Turkey will play against Italy in next phase.

Teams which secured 1st place in their group go straight to quarter-finals, teams from 2nd and 3rd places will play each other in play-offs. Means 3rd team from group D (Turkey) will play 2nd team from group B (Italy). For the winner will be waiting Belgium in quarterfinal.

3B Czech Republic will play 2D France (Germany waiting in QF)

2A Poland will play 3C Slovenia (Russia waiting in QF)

2C Bulgaria will play 3A Finland (Serbia waiting in QF)

• Italy x Turkey and Poland x Slovenia should be good games.

I dont think Finland can beat Bulgaria. Maybe they can win a set but notthing more than that.

And France will have no difficult against Czech.

I like surprises so i hope Turkey can win the game against Italy.

Slovenia did not play their best game vs Bulgaria, but i hope they can be stronger against Poland. I will be with them in this game. Polish serve is really good, specially MBs.

• I really like Turkey nt in this ECH. I was today on match Tur x Fra in Katowice and Turkey in first two set was so close to win, in this sets they lost in the end.
    Maybe they need time to grow up ss a team.
    I would like to see few players in PlusLiga. Pity that Zaksa didnt transfer Metin Toy after when Konarski left...

• Ok, now with a bit more of time I can comment the match...

I've never watched Czech Rep playing this year (neither the last) so I don't have a term of paragone, but I must admit they was better than I expected: they did some incredibile digs (more than us, as almost always happens -.-) and even if they suffered Giannelli' serve (5 aces) they received perfectly several strong serves, like by Vettori or Antonov. Plus, they always stayed connected to the match and they managed (with a bit of help by us) to cancel serveral Italian set points in the second set. Obviously beside that they lacked a bit of cinisism at the end of the sets, I'm not even sure they even had a set point in the whole match.

About Italy, I can't properly judge ourselves since I watched the match with friends (which lead to be more enthusiastic about the victories and more sad about the losses, since both emotions get bigger when shared - at least in my case) and since we won all the set at the advantages, so - after all - the match left us quite excited, being a bit thrilling and close.

So, being rational I should say that probably winning 3 sets at advantages vs Czech means we didn't play our best match (I actually hope we didn't, otherwise we are meant to be suddenly eliminated xD), but truly the sensation I had left is of a quite entertaining and funny match, also because I don't recall many mistakes in general, and on the other hand I recall several nice actions. And many Giannelli aces :heart: :lol:
    But we sucked in blocking, that I noticed.

About the eightfinal, I found aswell that the most interesting and uncertain are Italy-Turkey and Poland-Slovenia, even if I'm a bit disappointed by Slovenia which I expected to perform better even without an important player like Cebulji. I also wondered in Stern was preferred to Gasparini for technical reasons or not. He was titular in the friendly matches vs Italy.
    Anyway, as always nothing has to be taken for granted in any match!

I think Turkey playing like this can beat us, but I also think the same for Italy (or at least I hope so ;) ).
    I'm still relieved we won't meet France in the eightfinal, even if, in case of loss, vs France it would be somohow forgivable (they are the defending champion, after all!), vs Turkey it would mean we failed the ECh.

• There is no discussion that the Czechs are the weakest team in 2nd round. Just to remind, Czechs finished as 3rd in WCH qualies (Finland and Spain were better), in WL won 4/9 matches despite playing in strongest lineup, quite poor preparation matches and still managed to endanger Italy. If I was Blengini I would be really worried :whistle: As I read he praised team for efforts and game level vs Czechs ?( 8| Maybe he is trying to build up their confidence but the truth is Italy looked poor so far. Pls exclude match vs hopeless Slovakians...

Turkey is the biggest surprise for me, especially their block defense system and serve. Toy is a tru monster despite he is young (23), Matic and Gunes created wall on the net. Belgium trashed Italy in WL and the Turks have had 5 match balls against same Belgium. Not to mention destroyinh the Netherlands (despite losing set they were controlling the game) and 2 unlucky lost sets vs France. After that Milenkoski decieded to rest Eksi, both MB's and still Turkey looked good.

I agree both teams can win tmrw but Italy isn't big fav, IMO they arent favs at all... :whistle:

• There is no discussion that the Czechs are the weakest team in 2nd round. Just to remind, Czechs finished as 3rd in WCH qualies (Finland and Spain were better), in WL won 4/9 matches despite playing in strongest lineup, quite poor preparation matches and still managed to endanger Italy. If I was Blengini I would be really worried :whistle: As I read he praised team for efforts and game level vs Czechs ?( 8| Maybe he is trying to build up their confidence but the truth is Italy looked poor so far. Pls exclude match vs hopeless Slovakians...

Lol, Slovakia wanted/hoped, that they will be second in the group :D they thought they will beat Czech and Germany :rolll: