Men's European Championship 2017

• I don't see a way for Italy to reach the medal round. Even if we somehow beat Turkey (or more likely, Turkey beats itself as usual), Belgium should trash us. We don't just lack firepower, block and defense looked sub-par as well.

• August 30 is a special day, celebrated as 'Victory Day' in Turkey . I think this will give extra motivation for Turkish players . I don't see them losing tomorrow

After losing against BEL and FRA with so small margins, I would be so disappointed if TUR will not manage to qualify to QF. Hopefully tomorrow they will manage to control their nerve and don't lose again at tiebreak :S

• Nice, but I'm afraid in Italy the matches won't be available, since Rai bought the rights. Unfortunately they won't show all the matches, though :(
    For example I think today they'll show only Italy-Turkey

• I agree, and I'll add Germany, even if I watched only a small part of yesterday match. I still wouldn't put them among the real favourite, but they're not to be underestimate.

Yes, first of all i am pretty happy that the the downward trend seems to be stopped and that the team could make some positive news in this tournament. Now, they have already improved their result from last ECH and as long as they don't get severly trashed in the quarterfinal, the tournament can't at least be considered a complete disaster.

Apart from the pure results, some real improvements were visible. They now look much better organized, do play a good block/defence and did not fell apart as a team, when they lost two sets against Italy. Imho they also do show a better risk management on the attack. That is already something to build on but we will see how this is sustainable when they face a potentially good team like France.

But the obstacles are obvious too. Kampa`s distribution is pretty focused on Grozer and I don't think that the team can cope with a bad day for him. Also Kaliberda had a good first match but struggled later. He will be needed, as i don't really trust a receiving line consisting of Fromm/Schott/Zenger.

Another positive is, how the two 19year olds Zenger and Krick improved their play. Particularly and considering his age, i am really amazed on Krick's blocking skills.

CEV promised to show all knock-out matches online and we will remind them if they don't :D :box:

:obey:

• Nice, but I'm afraid in Italy the matches won't be available, since Rai bought the rights. Unfortunately they won't show all the matches, though :(
    For example I think today they'll show only Italy-Turkey

Could be the same for Germany, as they are not included in the list, provided under Yavor's link.

I will try Opera browser and the included VPN service. A UK or US IP hopefully will get the job done.

• After losing against BEL and FRA with so small margins, I would be so disappointed if TUR will not manage to qualify to QF. Hopefully tomorrow they will manage to control their nerve and don't lose again at tiebreak :S

I mean this is the last chance for some of the players .Even Arslan acts like a humble player 8| :D .They know very well that they can beat Italy. I'm very pessimistic when it comes to men's team but there is no way they will lose this match on National Victory Day .

• Did people in here really think victory will come easy for Turkey?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Italy looking quite solid so far. Far better than the garbage of the previous days.

More determined, Turks looking lost in time and space. Serve is working prefectly for Italy :teach:

Turkish libero Yesilbudak is worst tha Izzet, OH which played as L while he was injured

• Meanwhile Bulgarians are having tough times with Finns. No middles, no Sokolov, nightmarish serve

Edit. Ah seems that Niki Nikolov is waking up

• Skrimov not helping that his reception is not even good today. Think it'll be much better to use Rozalin.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney