Men's European Championship 2017

• Russia's serves and blocks are the key to there victory today. They didnt lose a single set till now. Mikhaylov is superb as always. Berezhko and Volkov play good in both defence and attack. They will get at least bronze medal for sure.

• The Czechs just won't leave. :obey:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Still a good fight by the Czechs. Too bad they can't maintain the level at the last stage of the set.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Congrats to Germany! They were better at the end of the tight sets and that payed off as it's right to be!

But let me congrats to Czech too, they fight until the very end and challenged Germany enough to make this match really enjoyable for me. They should be proud of themselves, they played three matches in a row on a high level vs stronger teams, that's not for everybody!

• So. Gallant Czechs eventually lost. I think that chances were fifty fifty. After yesterday's surely not everybody put Germany as a favorite of this game. Anyway. Pity, you guys. I like surprises. Now I can only count on Bulgaria to suprise me and on Belgium to do the job. Slovenia also broke my heart. Again we are witnesses how Russians crush one after another and nobody can equal them. Eh.

Having just seen Russia beating the crap out of Slovenia, I can't help but wonder how poor Poland must be. How cold they lose in straght sets to Slovenia? ?(

Yesterday I was asking how come Bulgaria beated Sloveniain in straight sets :D life can be tricky. Volleyball is tricky!

• Russia winning comfortably 3-0 and even with less firepower not fielding in Kliuka for the match. Berezkho-Volkov OH pair seems really stable. I don't know if you guys noticed it as well, but Volkov has that Bienek-style hybrid serve but less effective than the original IMO :lol:

• Russia's serves and blocks are the key to there victory today. They didnt lose a single set till now. Mikhaylov is superb as always. Berezhko and Volkov play good in both defence and attack. They will get at least bronze medal for sure.

By 'lose a single set til now' I think you meant 'lose a single set so far' right? :obey:

Will Russia face Germany in the semis? If so, Russia will go straight to the Finals and will get SILVER at least. I just don't see Germany, with their over reliance on Grozer can beat the Russian block. And even then Mikhaylov is on the other side, and as you noted is playing on a very high level

• By 'lose a single set til now' I think you meant 'lose a single set so far' right? :obey:

Will Russia face Germany in the semis? If so, Russia will go straight to the Finals and will get SILVER at least. I just don't see Germany, with their over reliance on Grozer can beat the Russian block. And even then Mikhaylov is on the other side, and as you noted is playing on a very high level

According to CEV site, Russia will face Italy/Belgium ^^

• Germany getting Serbia/Bulgaria is an okay draw so good for them.

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Bulgaria is so inconsistent that I could see them winning on that fact. :rolll:

I feel Serbia's chink in the armor is Petric... Sokolov being a great blocker at the opposite could really hurt them when Petric plays badly and no one can replace him. That's how I feel anyway. Think Serbia is pretty okay everywhere.

#FreeBritney

• Serbia is just much better than Bulgaria. No way Serbians can lose this one

• High level of emotions as expected in games like this, I mean between two balkan teams :D still I need more heart from Bulgaria, come on you guys, don't be such kids. Хайде! :box:

• Guy responsible for music in hall wants to make it even more balkan. I can hear Shantel's "Disko partizani" :D I expect "Боят настана" in some hard moment for Bulgarians :D

• Vettori can't kill a ball. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Luburic improved attacking on the left side. That seemed to be his problem during World League.

#FreeBritney

• Wasnt Sabbi the last top scorer of the Italian League? I dont think he could be worse than Vettori. Once again, nothing against "Il Vetto", but last time he performed really well wearing italian NT jersey was in the ECH 20213 final. After that, just some little sparks.

Serbia is better than Bulgaria, but I really dont think this match would end in 3 sets. So far, it seems Sokolov is on fire :box:

• Vettori with 3 kills and 3 errors. :gone:

#FreeBritney