Men's European Championship 2017

• And of course, the only way this match could finish is with an italian service error by Vettori.

Congrats to Belgium! It was a perfect match by them! :) So many good defenses as well as good distribution.

So, yesterday the champion was sent home. Today the runner up and bronze medallist were eliminated :wavy:

So, there would be a new podium! :box:

• ]

Vettori is the best Player of Italy so far .What makes the difference is Lanza's poor performance.

I know it will never happen but I can only hope to never see Vettori in the NT ever again

Maybe if Vettori was consistently good then everyone will be more in rhythm and have a better time defending, attacking...

Vettori's job is to attack any kind of balls. How many times did he have to tip the ball cause of his preference with a certain type of set? :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I will say what you want me to say; Vettori is not Zaytsev. He lacks the star power but he isn't the reason why Italy lost . Lanza is the only world class OH Italy has and when he has a subpar game, their whole attack affected .I also don't understand why Mazzone is in the starting six. Is he better than Anzani, Buti or even Cester? I don't think so

• What a terrible decision from Nikolov.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• And once again Bulgaria chokes...I really didnt expect a 3-0 in this match. Bulgaria could have arrived at least to a fourth set. Too many advantages lost.

• High level of emotions as expected in games like this, I mean between two balkan teams :D still I need more heart from Bulgaria, come on you guys, don't be such kids. Хайде! :box:

Only Serbia :super: Serbians aer Bulgaria's black cats, simply they can lose against them :D :flower:

And once again Bulgaria chokes...I really didnt expect a 3-0 in this match. Bulgaria could have arrived at least to a fourth set. Too many advantages lost.

Bulgaria = Poland in many cases. F.e. in choking in key matches :gone:

It was Sokolov against Serbia. Luburić really bad match, IMO with Atanasijević they would win more easily. Kovačević and Petrić played great, also both MB's, especially Potke :obey:

Krakow here I come :drink: :super:

• I watched this so many times here. A team have a chance to close the set, and then they lost it after some mistakes.

Sokolov could not score the last 3 balls that he attacked.

The final Russia vs Serbia is coming. Russia is playing the best volleyball. Reception is so good with Dimitrov and Berezko. Grankin is playing perfect. They have a real strong service. IMO if Russia keep playing like this i dont think anyone can beat them.

Belgium will have a reaaly dificult game. They will need Deroo and De Dries in their best version. ROsseaux is playing a good competetion too.

I thik if any suprise can happen it will be in the game Serbia and Germany. Serbia is favorite, but i think they have a better chance than Belgium to play the final. Kampa needs to play more with MB. Only Grozer will not be enough.

Today 3 games 3x0, really weird, mainly because the difference between some teams are so small.

• Ok then, go Belgium!

Bulgaria = Poland in many cases. F.e. in choking in key matches :gone:

And that is probably why I love them so. I see resemblance. And love is blind.

mać ? :rolll: ?(

There are no more proper words for the 3rd set's ending than solid and strong "ku*wa mać", yeah

• U mean Volkov 8| :whistle:

• I will say what you want me to say; Vettori is not Zaytsev. He lacks the star power but he isn't the reason why Italy lost . Lanza is the only world class OH Italy has and when he has a subpar game, their whole attack affected .I also don't understand why Mazzone is in the starting six. Is he better than Anzani, Buti or even Cester? I don't think so

How can they attack properly if Vettori has rhythm issues? It took him the whole three sets to be good. That's not going to work against more disciplined teams. His job is a specialized position... You can't be incompetent at that when everyone has a role to play. It is not like he is doing the reception and considering how badly armed Italy is without Zaytsev. They have no leeway to be making those kind of mistakes anymore.

Daniele Mazzone is Italy's best player of the match so he deserves to be a starter imo.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Now that was a tough, and in parts, ugly match. :white:

At a certain point of the match, the whole system was close to a complete collapse but credit to the guys that they did not give up and kept on trying. Special credit goes out to Geörgy was forced into so many high, an i mean really high, balls that it was almost painful to watch. It wasn't a perfect match for him but as i said, he overcame difficult moments and scored important points later in the match.

But the match winner today for me was Markus Böhme. He scored some important points, hits his serves and gave a lot of stability to the blocking. As a slight criticism to Giani, he should have been subbed in much earlier. Tobi Krick hardly touched a ball today and was visibly overwhelmed.

Much respect to the czech team who defended like hell and as i feared, were much more dangerous with a working opposite. They had a good strategy and looked like a really well coached team :thumbup:

Haven't seen the serbian team so far in this tournament and I don't think there is a special need to be afraid of them. But after this rather shaky performance, the german team surely isn't the favourite in this match.

Thanks for reading, now you can continue the "Vettori slaughterfest" ^^

• Krakow here I come :drink: :super:

Not thats really cool. Have fun :drink:

You can do the "Jimmy Jump" stunt for us. Just let us know the exact time, you will invade the court. 8)

• Spiridonov is killing me with his instagram posts. :rolll:

#FreeBritney

• How can they attack properly if Vettori has rhythm issues? It took him the whole three sets to be good. That's not going to work against more disciplined teams. His job is a specialized position... You can't be incompetent at that when everyone has a role to play. It is not like he is doing the reception and considering how badly armed Italy is without Zaytsev. They have no leeway to be making those kind of mistakes anymore.

Daniele Mazzone is Italy's best player of the match so he deserves to be a starter imo.

Apparently "quality" of Italy wasn't enough today :rolleyes:

• Well. It's hard to be bulgarian NT fan as well. I'm polish fan naturally. It's hard to be polish fan. And then I also pick another favourite team in which the level of helplessness is more or less the same, as if it wasn't enough. I think I must be some kind of mental masochist.

My dear Bella, you're back: that's what matters the most about this ECH! :flower: