Men's European Championship 2017

• Since people were talking about Jiri Kovar in this thread... There's a fairly terrible but interesting news about him... his instagram account got hacked... I hope we get some juicy details. Volleyball needs some controversy and that happening to Jiri Kovar got me perched cause he's hot... :heart:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• No Atanasijevic = win and medal :teach:

And Shame is finally here. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Congrats to Serbia!!! Not a perfect match, but they managed to play better in the key moments, and that's the most important thing, after all :thumbup:

I was actually cheering for Belgium but I'm very affectionate to many Serbian players so I'm glad for them :heart:

Ata should takes note from Petric: not a very good match overall (I've haven't seen the first set and part of the second, though), but he delivered when it mattered the most! :rose:

And I want to make a special congrats to Van de Voorde, after two year in my team (Trento) I'm very sorry he won't play in Italy, I'll miss him (ps I don't think he is a phenomenon, but I like him and playing for my team I get affectionate too ^^)

• Zhigalov is so useless with the attack but that serve is undeniably the only reason he is in the National Team. :white:

#FreeBritney

• Zhigalov is so useless with the attack but that serve is undeniably the only reason he is in the National Team. :white:

Here the keyword is stability. Zhilgalov has games in which he scored 35+ points in Rus superleague on his CV, which is a level above the QF and SF of this ECH. He also has games in which he failed miserably, true.

• Germany needs Kaliberda more than ever: he's the best player of the team, the one who can turn games. Grozer and Kampa need to improve a little bit too: the opposite shall be a little bit more consistent out of system and Kampa has nice hands he can use better, he's missing completely the connection with Kaliberda (timing) and sometimes with the others.

• I didn't notice Russia came here with same liberos which played World League. Both of them are terrible. Good goal for the german service.

The russian libero performed greatly in this tournament. But then again it is so hard to tell if we are comparing to the other liberos considering how much the Russian serve and block helped destroy every team on their path to the final

#FreeBritney

• The russian libero performed greatly in this tournament. But then again it is so hard to tell if we are comparing to the other liberos considering how much the Russian serve and block helped destroy every team on their path to the final

Overall the whole tournament had a very bad level. WL was way better and of course both the liberos were terrible.

MM is spiking out every single ball. This is the momentum for Germany.

• Overall the whole tournament had a very bad level. WL was way better and of course both the liberos were terrible.

MM is spiking out every single ball. This is the momentum for Germany.

Yes, Mikhaylov's troubles bring a chance indeed. I also think that bringing Kluka in for Berezhko was a mistake. Reception is much poorer now and Klyuka is wasting the service too.

• Anything exciting yet? Maybe some hot pics?

KK15 must know something. lol :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Yes, Mikhaylov's troubles bring a chance indeed. I also think that bringing Kluka in for Berezhko was a mistake. Reception is much poorer now and Klyuka is wasting the service too.

I agree. Berezhko was doing a good job IMHO. On the other hand the coach took Volvich out (I consider this guy one of the worst MB I saw in my life) for a way better Kurkaev.

• It could've been 21-23. :white:

Not bad.

Kampa is doing great from his usual level.

#FreeBritney

• Germany is playing really well. Their service and block is making Russia think about the block and where attack. Mikaylov is not playing like in last games.

I agree, i prefer Berezko, with him the reception is better and he is playing good in attack.

Nice to watch a good game vs Russia after what Belgium did yesterday.

Lets see if Germany can keep playing like this, great service and block.