Men's European Championship 2017

• KK15 must know something. lol :whistle:

I actually have no idea and I'm quite annoyed by it :lol:

I agree. Berezhko was doing a good job IMHO. On the other hand the coach took Volvich out (I consider this guy one of the worst MB I saw in my life) for a way better Kurkaev.

I agree too on Berezhko and Kurkaev, but I would change Volvich for every Italian MBs :lol:

First set lost by Russia in the ECh, and it could have been a even more clear loss if Germany hadn't done several errors from 15-23 to 20-23...

• I agree too on Berezhko and Kurkaev, but I would change Volvich for every Italian MBs :lol:

I'm sorry for your bad taste... :P (joking)

Those russian MBs from the old (85-90) generation are very poor, slow, technically weak. They're just tall. Do you remember how embarassing Volkov was in Cuneo? Vlasov and Kurkaev are already way better than Volvich, which is the worst player in every team he plays IMHO.

• Don't think it'd matter much if it was Berezhko or Kliuka.

Berezhko was already having a hard time with the block and he was not receiving better than Kliuka anyway.

i think Volkov should be substituted though.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I dont like Volvich neither, but in this ECh he was playing really good.

• I agree. Berezhko was doing a good job IMHO. On the other hand the coach took Volvich out (I consider this guy one of the worst MB I saw in my life) for a way better Kurkaev.

The "hidden" advantage of Volvich is his basic background, i.e. defensively he's better than Vlasov and possibly than Kurkaev. Volvich is also best coordinated of the three (although I agree he's not a good jumper).

So far, bizarrely, the game is very much a Volkov-Grozer duel. Germany risks on the service, Russia opts for easy serves

• Tobias Krick is a great addition to German NT.

And he's only 18 years old. Too bad we won't see him in the world championship.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• That didn't hit any hand. Just the floor. Germany have some luck coming for them.

#FreeBritney

• Zhigalov's ace again. :obey:

#FreeBritney

• Did the ball touched the ground again??
    The first time (second set) I had the impression it had and it was clearly showed in the replay, the second time I thought they digged it but it seems it hadn't either...?
    EDIT: sorry I was still writing the post when the other posts about the ball touching the ground were written

What dirty moves, USAvolleyfan? :what:

• Yesterday someone mentioned 2013 Women ECH. Today I feel like watching it. First of all, it's the same four countries, then Russia winning their semi very easily and the other semi being a very hard fight with Germany winning from 0:2 down. 3rd place match back then was 5 sets, just a different winner than today. And also the final reminds me a lot of women's GER-RUS from 2013. Germany fighting very hard and doing much better than expected, but Russia simply being a little better when it counts.

Now I hope 4th set will be different to what it was back then :S

• Pity for Germany that Zhigalov killed the set with that ace. Russia is ahead now 2-1. Kaliberda started well the set, then he struggled again (Russia is putting great effort to make him to).

Come on Germany!

• Russia is absolutely one of the most behaved teams since Spiridonov has taken the door out of Russian NT. :gone:

Maybe just the effect of recklessness among the youth in the new Russia but it is still definitely the best team when it comes to court manners.

We should give them a breather. This is the final and it emotions will come flying high and sparks may appear considering how close the game is now. So much at stake. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Did the ball touched the ground again??
    The first time (second set) I had the impression it had and it was clearly showed in the replay, the second time I thought they digged it but it seems it hadn't either...?
    EDIT: sorry I was still writing the post when the other posts about the ball touching the ground were written

What dirty moves, USAvolleyfan? :what:

Kliuka smashing a closed bottle to the ground at the beginning of Russian TO. In the end it's a dirty move, but I don't think he did this on purpose. Afterwards the floor was cleaned for two minutes after Russian TO.

• Kliuka smashing a closed bottle to the ground at the beginning of Russian TO. In the end it's a dirty move, but I don't think he did this on purpose. Afterwards the floor was cleaned for two minutes after Russian TO.

Come on.. That's a very old trick.. It took the girls 5-6 minutes to clean that up.. Also the screening, which the women's team does it too.. I find it really unfair