Men's European Championship 2017

• Giannelli looks famished as hell. Is his new girlfriend making him eat at all? :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Poland, Italy and France losing on day 1 :cup:

There are big differences:
    -France rested N'Gapeth while Boyer and Lyneel had a bad day.
    -Poland is a complete mess almost on each position and it's still going around with Kurek and Konarski.
    -Italy played the best 6+1 possible and its the worst I remember in the last 20 years; without Zaytsev Italy is nothing.

The moment France finds the rythm, no one will stop them. I'm supporting the Blues. :super:

• There are big differences:
    -Poland is a complete mess almost on each position and it's still going around with Kurek and Konarski.
    -Italy played the best 6+1 possible and its the worst I remember in the last 20 years; without Zaytsev Italy is nothing.

The moment France finds the rythm, no one will stop them. I'm supporting the Blues. :super:

All of this is sadly true

• Poland, Italy and France losing on day 1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, that's undoubtedly a bit ironic for me, but I must say I would have bet on Serbia and I was aware it was going to be tough for Italy, even if I thought/hoped we could win... So for me the real surprise is France defeat, despite I'm quite found of Belgium; I was actually thinking they could have make some surprises in the eight/quarterfinal, but I did expect France to won the pool (with or without Ngapeth).

Anyway, I can't believe we may be lucky enough to avoid France in case we grab both the eight and the quarterfinal! Belgium can beat us as well, but I still believe France is the main contender for the 'throne', with Serbia and Russia following a little step later.

If you justify France and Poland losses for two players bad day/condition, the same should apply to Italy, despite being the worst 6+1 in several years (unfortunately my volleyball memories don't go 20 years far). More than once player could have done something better, starting from my beloved Giannelli, imho.

But I do prefer not using justification for anyone: as Fefé said, usually the winner is the one that played a better volleyball, so France, Poland and Italy – despite having the potential to win with the men they had on court – lost simply because they played worst than Belgium, Serbia and Germany – at least three good teams, anyway ;)

Thanks to Germany to let us grab 8 points in the tie break, anyway: I think 5 or 6 of our points were their errors :lol:

• Not justifying anybody. Just saying Italy sucks and losing could be its trend in this competition. Poland sucks as well without Mika and Wlazly; Kubiak alone can't do so much.
    France played a bad game and many factors influenced the performance, which is something that won't happen again IMHO.

I expect nothing from Italy and Poland, they will fall at the first in or out match.

• Belgium and France was a great game. I agree that France did not play their best game. France reminds me of brazilian best generationl, they can lose a game and then they start to play better and win the competition. Lets see what will happen with France.

Belgium needs to play like this if they want to reach semi, mainly Derro and Van Den Dries. If any of them is not in a good day i think Belgium will not have many chances. D'Hulst played a solid game. I hope notthing serious had happened to Valkiers.

• Now we'll see is Giani like Heynen. Germany can choose their opponent in QF. If they finish 1st they'll face France in QF but if they finish as 2nd opponent in QF probably will be Belgium )I'm counting they'll beat Turkey). :whistle:

• Belgium and France was a great game. I agree that France did not play their best game. France reminds me of brazilian best generationl, they can lose a game and then they start to play better and win the competition. Lets see what will happen with France.

Belgium needs to play like this if they want to reach semi, mainly Derro and Van Den Dries. If any of them is not in a good day i think Belgium will not have many chances. D'Hulst played a solid game. I hope notthing serious had happened to Valkiers.

i also think France can win it again but i want to see a new champion. Like Belgium maybe.

• What's up with all these time-outs? :what: Russia asks at 21-23, then Slovenia asks at 22-23, then Russia asks at 22-24 and now Slovenia asks at 23-24. :aww: