Men's European Championship 2017

• The guys really didn't deserve this while they were better whole match even in the tiebreak... It should have been 3-1 FT, very lucky Belgium today :wall:

• My condolences go out to the turkish fans on here. :white:

What a stupid way to lose. :aww: Belgium was due and ready for a defeat. they have looked very very mortal in this match.....

• What makes great team different from other teams is that they can hold their nerves until the last points. Belgium in a bad day still manage to win. Not even France can do this. They are real dark horse in this competition so far. Germany should play France in the qf if France can get in. Belgium is stronger at the moment.

• Belgium was not necessarily having a bad day here. I don't think many people watched the first two sets here. Belgium and Turkey both kept siding out and whenever Belgium had a small lead Turkey would crawl back. After the first two sets their level of intensity just dropped which caused more errors. I would personally not call them a better team because they hold their nerves better, I would rather say experienced, cold blooded. Honestly though it was not Belgium who won but Turkey who lost. At 24-23 Turkey made a passing error. At 14-11 many errors and bad sets from everyone. Turkish players are playing really well and anyone who watched the full match would agree that they deserved to win. But they couldn't finish it because of scoreboard pressure. They are still new and quite immature for this level but they're doing a great job last 2 games. It is really promising though what I have seen. France is certainly much better then Belgium.

• Yeah, Turkey was fabulous in this game and all summer long. They have been playing great,but they somehow coudnt cope with pressure when they had this match in the bag.

France is nothing without Ngapeth. If Ngapeth doesnt play, which is likely, France have no chance to be on the podium.

• Czech team looks tragic so far.

But credit where credit is due, the german's block/defence looks highly improved compared to WL/WCHQ. It starts with the serve, of course, but good match of Julian Zenger and Tobi Krick too. :thumbup:

• Thank you as well.. unfortunately it seems my internet provider is blocking everything. Oh well, I'll follow the score here. :wall:

Edit: THANK YOU kk15, yours works

You're welcome! It's the only one that work for me too, so I guess the others are all blocked in Italy. The quality isn't the best, but better than nothing ;)

Anyway... What an upset for Turkey! Wasting 3 match points in the tie break! :white:
    Congrats to them anyway, they played very well and gave Belgium (a team I consider strong) a very hard time! But after all Belgium deserve the victory coping better with the pressure.
    I guess today it's hard for Turkey fans, losing twice in a day after having big leads :(

Belgium is stronger [than France] at the moment.

France is nothing without Ngapeth.

I'm not sure about both this statement, even if of course I respect your personal opinions.
    But I'll try to explain why I don't agree (so, my are opinions too and being that it's absolutely understandable if you won't agree ;) )

It's true that Belgium played better two days ago, in fact they won; it may be true they're playing better in the pool (but France is playing now the second match, so how do you know that? You're judging France on a single match...)*, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're stronger.

About France without Ngapeth, I'm actually always admired on how well France can perform even if you change the players, since they have a very strong team system and everybody seems well organized in it. It's something I often feel as missing for Italy, for example. We rely more on the single players than on the system.
    In the specific case of the OH, I love both Lyneel and Clevenot, and imho they're among the best OH of the ECh after Ngapeth. And if we think that they also have Tillie recovering... I mean, I'm very, very envious of their OHs squad :lol:

*well, know they'e are playing since an hour ago, but when I started writing the comment it was barely started, and then dinner happened xD

Ps: I love Belgium team, so I would be the first one to be happy if they'll prove to be stronger than France ;)

• I think Italian OHs are good enough imo. Just same level with Clevenot and Lyneel maybe even better. Just that they are not around Ngapeth or Juantorena 's level.

Without Zaytsev though... Italy is just a very good team.. Not outstanding even with Giannelli. You still need that individual talent who can carry a team by his own when the team needs the points. And I can't see Vettori doing the same. I would however...gladly accept the challenge to be surprised by Vettori. I'm not that closed-minded. He has a good serve but everything else. He falls below Zaytsev

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• But credit where credit is due, the german's block/defence looks highly improved compared to WL/WCHQ. It starts with the serve, of course, but good match of Julian Zenger and Tobi Krick too.

I haven't watched Germany this summer until now so I can't make comparison, but Friday I was impressed by their block/defence as well, they did way better than Italy (and they were better in it also when in the sets we won)

• I think Italian OHs are good enough imo. Just same level with Clevenot and Lyneel maybe even better. Just that they are not around Ngapeth or Juantorena 's level.

I think Lanza is the only one who you could say is in the same level as the French ones, not counting Juantorena. Antonov, Randazzo and Botto? No way.

I don't think it's fair to say France is all about N'Gapeth - hell, they were almost unbeaten in the first rounds of WL this year without him. I think Earvin just makes their game even better.

• I haven't watched Germany this summer until now so I can't make comparison, but Friday I was impressed by their block/defence as well, they did way better than Italy (and they were better in it also when in the sets we won)

I did not watch the match but assumed the same from looking at the stats. Hope they can keep this up for the matches still to come.

Pretty convincing victory today against a weak czech team. talking about block/defence, spiking eff of czech team: 31% :white:

Oh la la, Tillie severly shouting at his players :mad:

• I think Lanza is the only one who you could say is in the same level as the French ones, not counting Juantorena. Antonov, Randazzo and Botto? No way.

I don't think it's fair to say France is all about N'Gapeth - hell, they were almost unbeaten in the first rounds of WL this year without him. I think Earvin just makes their game even better.

I agree on both.

Suddenly I have hope for Both Belgium and Turkey together eliminating France! :white:

The important things is that France doesn't end up in a spot of the ranking that will make Italy meet them in the eight final match :lol: :lol:
    For all the rest you've my blessing :P
    Ps looks like Ned is trying its best to help making the pool ranking even more unpredictable... Unfortunately I can't find a working streaming to watch the match live, though :(

• The only italian OH who can be compared to Lyneel and Clevenot is Lanza in this ECH! Let's be serious guys! Randazoo, Botto and Antonov are average players, nothing more! I would give money to France in in order to receive even Marechal

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• I won't say that. Right now France is definitely ahead with Jenia and I believe Boyer is something that came as a surprise for everyone. It's not like France without Ngapeth destroyed Italy. They even beat France in the World League.

Oh and btw. Lanza was unavailable in week 2-3 of WL so that could've been a big reason why Italy underperformed. Just imagining Vettori becoming the main man is a big ambition for any fan, I must say.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney