FIVB World Club Championship 2016

• Any news about Host, Wild Cards?

In Women's zone almost everything is clear, here..

• 4 months to go and no news..

Host: ? [ Believe Poland ]
    NORCECA: ?
    CSV: Sada Cruzeiro Brazil
    CEV: Zenit Kazan Russia
    CAVB: El Geish Egypt
    AVC: ?
    Wild Cards: ?

• According to the website (in the top right corner), there are two teams missing.
    And it indicates that there will be two hosts cities, but doesn't specify which is the second...

If they want to give a wild card, it's about time!

• Two host cities will probably be Belo Horizonte (where Minas plays) and Contagem (where Sada Cruzeiro plays), both in the state of Minas Gerais.

• The weakest line up ever.

FIVB should create the same format as in Women's with 4 Wild Cards.

At least rich Clubs would buy Them.

• It is possible that FIVB is considering having 8 teams and including Trentino, Personal Bolivar and UPCN (both from Argentina)!!
    The NORCECA team will be sacrificed, though.

http://www.volleyball.it/notizie.asp?n=124861&l=0 from Santiago Gabari on voleyplus.com

I've no idea who is Gabari, but I guess that they reported the news in volleyball.it it could actually be true.
    Obviously I mean that is true that they are considering it: it's not sure they will actually go for it.

• Iran will request substitution of Taichung bank with Sarmayeh, Seems AVC agrees with this.

• It is possible that FIVB is considering having 8 teams and including Trentino, Personal Bolivar and UPCN (both from Argentina)!!
    The NORCECA team will be sacrificed, though.

http://www.volleyball.it/notizie.asp?n=124861&l=0 from Santiago Gabari on voleyplus.com

I've no idea who is Gabari, but I guess that they reported the news in volleyball.it it could actually be true.
    Obviously I mean that is true that they are considering it: it's not sure they will actually go for it.

Confirmed!

http://clubworldchampionships.…r-join-top-teams?id=64675

• The tournament starts today, guys and gals. This is a reminder so you don't forget :) True, NORCECA has been sacrificed and we will no longer have exotic teams from Puerto Rico or the Dominican Republic, or college players from USA and Canada :) However, I think this year's tournament should be a step ahead compared to the 2015 edition, which, in my humble opinion, was the weakest edition we've seen. Two Brazilian and two Argentinian teams don't help with the global representation of countries/continents but they should raise the quality.

• I really think that this time FIVB was fair with the wild card in both competition Men and women.

• They were Asian champions back in 2015

Yes, I know that. I'm asking how did they do it? did they have a team full of foreigners back then?? To me they look like any run-of-the-mill iranian or japanese team could steamroll them...

• Yes, I know that. I'm asking how did they do it? did they have a team full of foreigners back then?? To me they look like any run-of-the-mill iranian or japanese team could steamroll them...

It was a weak Asian championship last year, in my opinion. The Japanese champion Panasonic Panthers couldn't make it out of the preliminary group, pounded by the Taiwanese and even losing to the Turkmenistani champion. Paykan, the Iranian representative, wasn't impressive either. Al-Arabi made it to the final and lost for a second time in the tournament to Taichung Bank, so, despite the overall level discussion, the Taiwanese were fair champions and didn't lose a game.

• No need to discuss the results in Group A, the scoreline speaks for itself and depicts the difference in level. Cruzeiro plays Zenit early on Friday morning/late on Thursday night, the only match worth mentioning. Pool B looks interesting and I think we should expect interesting matches. It was a bit disappointing to see Minas losing in three sets to UPCN, I expected much more. I hope they improve and help make the group entertaining.

• ^ You shouln't expect more from Minas. Their team this year is only average and it'll be surprising if they even reach the semifinals in the Brazilian league, let alone the WCCH.

• Intense match so far between the argentinian teams. :box: With Vermiglio on court, i always have the feeling it might end in some kind of brawl 8)

P.S.
    Can't wait to see Simon back in action on a serious level :obey:

PPS
    Bolivar's setter is really small :white: