L: Nikola Rosic, Neven Majstorovic

Belgian squad:
    S: Lienert Cosemans, Sander Depovere, Matthias Valkiers
    OP: Thomas Konings, Gert van Walle, Jolan Cox
    MB: Pieter Verhees, Simon Van de Voorde, Arno Van de Velde
    OH: Seppe Baetens, Lou Kindt, François Lecat, Kevin Klinkenberg
    L: Sebastien Dumont, Jelle Ribbens

• :cup:

I couldn't watch a single game, only a 2-minute-long highlights video from Poland vs. Bulgaria on the opening day. Even stats sheets were difficult to find. Has the level been unsatisfactory during the whole tournament? It's absolutely normal and expected, first friendly games for the season after all. Although Poland should step on the gas soon, they have qualifiers approaching.

I am surprised Bulgaria even won a game with Seganov as a setter. But again, I watched nothing and I can't say how he played or whether there was any pressure.

• :cup:

I couldn't watch a single game, only a 2-minute-long highlights video from Poland vs. Bulgaria on the opening day. Even stats sheets were difficult to find. Has the level been unsatisfactory during the whole tournament? It's absolutely normal and expected, first friendly games for the season after all. Although Poland should step on the gas soon, they have qualifiers approaching.

I am surprised Bulgaria even won a game with Seganov as a setter. But again, I watched nothing and I can't say how he played or whether there was any pressure.

Relax, it was just friendly tournaments. The most important matches are in front of the teams so i dont carrie too much about it.

• I am surprised Bulgaria even won a game with Seganov as a setter. But again, I watched nothing and I can't say how he played or whether there was any pressure.

I watched parts of the match versus Poland, but not very attentively, to be honest.
    Seganov had some nice plays with the middles, whereas his sets to the wings were higher and slower than what you are used to see on that level. But often, polish block had more problems to adapt to this, than bulgarian attackers 8) .
    Apart from this, i saw some good old bulgarian volleyball with good blocking and great serves, which was obviously enough to be victorious at that night.

• I watched parts of the match versus Poland, but not very attentively, to be honest.
    Seganov had some nice plays with the middles, whereas his sets to the wings were higher and slower than what you are used to see on that level. But often, polish block had more problems to adapt to this, than bulgarian attackers 8) .
    Apart from this, i saw some good old bulgarian volleyball with good blocking and great serves, which was obviously enough to be victorious at that night.

It sounds like nothing we don't already know about Seganov, thanks for the info. Opponents might've had problems predicting his sets but this would be just one time as now everyone will know his game better. And then there will be bigger trouble for the Bulgarian attackers. Seganov is a good kid but I have watched him relatively often in the recent 1-2 seasons and, based also on his first steps as a CSKA setter, I am afraid he has shown little progress to be even considered the best setter in the league. He is young and I understand his call-up this summer, I know that he probably wouldn't start these games had it not been for Bratoev's absence, Manchev and Agonstev's health problems and Dobri Dimitrov's lack of matches, but still I don't think it is such a great choice. We'll see about that.

You know I am not focused just on one team, so I meant information about the tournament in general ;)

Yes, Poland could lose all their games if they want, the results are irrelevant at the moment. But the qualifiers in Japan start 10 days after the HWM, so...

• Some Polish commentators ( former setters Wojciech Drzyzga and Jakub Bednaruk) had quite favourable opinions about his technique, focus and ball distribution). He was chosen the best setter of the tournament and he really deserved it. Everything ran smoothly in the Bulgarian team. Bulgaria did a very good job at the serving line and Poland really struggled at the reception. Sokolov and Penchev were very effective attackers.

• Some Polish commentators ( former setters Wojciech Drzyzga and Jakub Bednaruk) had quite favourable opinions about his technique, focus and ball distribution). He was chosen the best setter of the tournament and he really deserved it. Everything ran smoothly in the Bulgarian team. Bulgaria did a very good job at the serving line and Poland really struggled at the reception. Sokolov and Penchev were very effective attackers.

What could you say about the Polish team? How did they look? Things will probably run otherwise in a competitive match.

• What could you say about the Polish team? How did they look? Things will probably run otherwise in a competitive match.

The Polish team didn't look good during the match against Bulgaria. Our service didn't cause any trouble to the Bulgarian team, even our float serve was received with ease. We didn't block well enough and didn't take advantage of counter-attacts. Our team was slow whereas the Bulgarians look surprisingly fresh and even Antiga said that he hadn't expected such a high level of competition at this stage of preparations. The Bulgarians looked as if they had been playing with this setter for years. He was very composed and focused.