2017 FIVB World League

• Last weekend Argentina lost for Iran and Belgium but only in the 5th set, And yesterday for Serbia in the 5th again, if they had won those, now with this win and another tomorrow and they would be in. Oh well....

• Thanks. I realized how much they cared about the game by the way the celebrated all together.

Everyone in the Argentinian side played incredibly well, it was one of those days where everything worked perfectly. In a continental context, beating Brazil is a big deal. With Brazil losing in the 2015 PanAm, in the youth categories and in the World League, I can see Argentina being able to beat them more easily in the future.

Brazil was simply garbage tonight and given their story with playing at home (besides the Rio final, which is still unbelievable to me lol), I expect them to fall very easily in the final six too.

• Canada won Italy 3-1.

1] FRA 7-1 / 22
    2] SRB 6-2 / 18

3] BRA 5-3 / 16
    4] CAN 5-4 / 12
    5] BEL 4-4 / 14
    6] POL 4-4 / 12
    7] RUS 4-4 / 11
    8] BUL 4-4 / 10
    9] USA 3-5 / 11
    10] IRA 3-5 / 7
    11] ARG 2-6 / 8
    12] ITA 2-7 / 6

Everything may happen. Even Canada could be out of F6. All teams from Canada to USA have their chance today. Iran is out, because even with a win they would go 4-5 with just 10 point, lest than USA team, that has very small chances to reach F6 being dependent on the other results (and we need a 3 points win against Poland, which is very hard already).

• I would like to see Canada, Belgium and Bulgaria in F6. But if Poland win the game vs USA they will be there.

I really liked this WL, everthing can happen in this last round. :box:

• I want Canada, Belgium and Bulgaria also.

I agree, this WL has been great, in my opinion the best WL, that`s why I like when teams are trying new players. I wish Brazil had done the same thing.

I wish the Grand Prix would be the same, but I think in the women`s side there`s still a big gap from top teams to lower teams. In the men`s the gap is really small.

But if Russia wins they will be there as well ;(

• Where are the Belgium fans? The arena in the past 3 days has been like 40-50% full. This is not good, especially when FIVB wants to put them back in the 2nd division, at least a packed arena could make a good case to keep them in the 1st division.

I was thinking volleyball was more popular in Belgium, one time I watched one video of the Belgium Cup and the arena has huge and packed.

• To be fair, being a fan of Belgium men's NT for the last 10 years was nothing but torment. It was like the team enjoyed getting as close as possible to point 24, then throw everything away. It will take a while to get the fans back.

• France took the first set. Lyneel, N'Gapeth, Le Roux, Grebennikov and Le Goff are resting for this match.

N'Gapeth had a standing ovation when he joined the match, but all he did was a service mistake and a bad pass (saved by Toniutti and Boyer). :lol:

France lost nothing changing Rouzier with Boyer, IMHO they fixed the weak link of the team.

It seems like France is playing home. French fans are louder. :what:

• Is belgium out of contention if they lost in 3?

Also what are the chances for USA to make it to top 6? Is a 3-set win vs Poland not enought to achieve this?