2017 FIVB World League

• I thought Japan was the last-ranked team in Division 2 last year... how come it remains in Division 2 this year?Is it again something out of the Japan-FIVB romance?

• I thought Japan was the last-ranked team in Division 2 last year... how come it remains in Division 2 this year?Is it again something out of the Japan-FIVB romance?

FIVB may simply give out the following "official" reasons:
    - Cuba originally in Group 2 withdrew from the competition (that's sad)
    - Portugal ranked last in the preliminary round instead of Japan, but they hosted the Final Round and therefore was waived from relegation.

Anyhow, romance is the true reason :thumbsup: If the last ranked team was not Japan, the most sensible and most likely measure from FIVB is that the last ranked team would be relegated to Group 3, while Germany would be promoted to Group 2.

• Easiest answer.

Cuba's position was safe and Japan was to be relegated. However, with Cuba pulling out completely, Japan regained their spot. Germany unless they won the Group 3 Final would not have been promoted due to Intercontinental Round result, hosted final so got a better result due to hosting, similar to Portugal in Group 2.

These are my opinions and not from FIVB documents.

• Polish line-up for 1st weekend:
    S: Grzegorz Łomacz, Fabian Drzyzga
    OP: Dawid Konarski, Maciej Muzaj
    OH: Michał Kubiak, Bartosz Kurek, Aleksander Śliwka, Rafał Buszek
    MB: Karol Kłos, Mateusz Bieniek, Bartłomiej Lemański, Jakub Kochanowski
    L: Paweł Zatorski, Damian Wojtaszek

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• 1. Tommy Carmody (MB, 6-9, Orland Park, Ill., Pacific/Pepperdine)
    3. Taylor Sander (OH, 6-4, Huntington Beach, Calif., BYU)
    4. Jeff Jendryk (MB, 6-10, Wheaton, Ill., Loyola of Chicago)
    7C. Kawika Shoji (S, 6-3, Honolulu, Hawaii, Stanford)
    9. Jake Langlois (OH, 6-10, San Jose, Calif., BYU)
    11. Micah Christenson (S, 6-6, Honolulu, Southern California)
    13. Dan McDonnell (MB, 6-6, Glendale, Ariz., UC Irvine)
    14. Ben Patch (Opp, 6-8, Provo, Utah, BYU)
    15. Carson Clark (Opp, 6-6, Santa Barbara, Calif., UC Irvine)
    17. TJ DeFalco (OH, 6-5, Huntington Beach, Calif., Long Beach State)
    18. Garrett Muagututia (OH, 6-5, Oceanside, Calif., UCLA)
    20. David Smith (MB, 6-7, Saugus, Calif., UC Irvine)
    21. Dustin Watten (L, 6-0, Long Beach, Calif., Long Beach State)
    22. Erik Shoji (L, 6-0, Honolulu, Hawaii, Stanford)

• Excited to see Defalco play. He's like Priddy who has high volleyball IQ and the very definition of an all around player. Plus he's only in his second year in college so the chance of further improvement is high.

Ben Patch is definitely going to be THE opposite that USA has been waiting for. He can jump like a Cuban and can crush any ball given to him. I just hope he can stay healthy because he is injury prone.

Langlois is a project player. He only started playing volleyball 4 years ago when he entered college. His receive is still very shaky but given the right exposure he can be great considering his height.

• FIVB will be streaming all games on youtube :heart: .

In the USA I think Universal Sports will broadcast the US games,and they might block the US games for people in the US. In Brazil Globo/Sportv has the rights, and they usually block every single game, not only Brazil`s.

• Excited to see Defalco play. He's like Priddy who has high volleyball IQ and the very definition of an all around player. Plus he's only in his second year in college so the chance of further improvement is high.

Ben Patch is definitely going to be THE opposite that USA has been waiting for. He can jump like a Cuban and can crush any ball given to him. I just hope he can stay healthy because he is injury prone.

Langlois is a project player. He only started playing volleyball 4 years ago when he entered college. His receive is still very shaky but given the right exposure he can be great considering his height.

Ben Patch is not injury-prone though. He was healthy throughout his freshman and sophomore year, only injured this past season.
    I like Langlois too. But what do you mean by 'project player'? He's older than Sander, Russell and Jaeschke and will be 28 in 2020.

• Ben Patch is not injury-prone though. He was healthy throughout his freshman and sophomore year, only injured this past season.
    I like Langlois too. But what do you mean by 'project player'? He's older than Sander, Russell and Jaeschke and will be 28 in 2020.

Project player meaning he is still in development stage. He has the physical attributes to make it to Tokyo despite being a bit old, he only started playing just few years ago. At 6'10" in an OH position he'll definitely get a second look from the coaching staff.

• FIVB will be streaming all games on youtube :heart: .

In the USA I think Universal Sports will broadcast the US games,and they might block the US games for people in the US. In Brazil Globo/Sportv has the rights, and they usually block every single game, not only Brazil`s.

the same might happen in Poland, when Polsat Sport is broadcasting WL games :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• German roster for first weekend of group 3 in Frankfurt (Ger, Aut, Kaz, Ven):

Setter: Jan Zimmermann, Adam Kocian
    OH: Moritz Reichert, Ruben Schott, Christian Fromm, Moritz Karlitzek, Egor Bogachev
    MB: Tim Broshog, Tobias Krick, Georg Escher, Anton Brehme
    Opp: Simon Hirsch, Daniel Malescha
    L: Julian Zenger

Venezuela's team won't manage to arrive in time for their first match today, so the match against Austria got canceled.

• the same might happen in Poland, when Polsat Sport is broadcasting WL games :wavy:

I hope they won't block it in Bulgaria... I'm waiting for Bulgaria - France. Every time I have to look for some good broadcasts online I'm about to kick my laptop, router and everything into space. So frustrating. So for now I simply appreciate the idea of watching it on youtube. By the way it's so super interesting to watch KOR - CZE game with korean commentary :D

PS. Marek Beer. Epic surname.

PS.2. And Michal Finger.

"People wait all week for friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness."

Edited once, last by bella ().