2017 FIVB World League

• Nice job from the USA Team. Now we have to wait for ARG-BUL and hope the argentinians can play like yesterday.

Clark got the MVP of the match. :what:

Canada is in. Blegium and Poland out. Last spot USA/Bulgaria.

• Wilfredo Leon can't come any sooner says millions of disgruntled Polish fans. :rolll:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Brazil won against Serbia 3-1. It's not an important match as it won't affect the grouping for the final round but they still played with their best players.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I am hoping Bulgaria stays in the competition so we can get more ot those shorts from Sokolov... :wavy:

If USA qualifies, I'm not against it but the power and charm of Bulgarian shorts is just too hard to resist. :obey:

#FreeBritney

• Drzyzga wow. I doubt even the Italian clubs would take him as starter with that performance. Probably in Milan or some weak teams or maybe in A2. He has to sit in the bench imo. I hope he improves but still it's a waste. He's not as cool headed as the other setters. And he looks chunky and gets tired easily.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• I think u @rainsofcastamere said the other day Poland was never the same after that loss for Italy in the World Cup, and you were right. After that Poland does not believe they can win anything, and whenever they get close to it, they panic and choke. In the 3rd set they had 20-17 and 24-23, and still could not finish it.

I did not watch the whole game, only the 3th set and the first few points of the 4th.

I said many times I don`t get why Drzyga is still starting for Poland, they should play with Lomacz, And I said Poland must get ride of Kurek if they ever want to win anything again. I see that Kurek only played in the 4th set, but he came as OH? and he got aced a few times right away, makes no sense, Kurek should not be even be part of the team to start with, but if he started all games until now, why change in this game? makes no sense.

I feel bad for them, but this loss is just embarrassing. :thumbdown: .

• I`m glad Canada is in the Finals.

But I can`t believe Belgium is out ;( . And I can`t believe Russia is in ;( That is all Poland`s fault with that 3-0 ugly loss. :hit:

Russia is in no matter what the results are with Poland although Poland did lost to Russia. :cheesy:

#FreeBritney

• The difference with the setters is just too great for Bulgaria right now unfortunately. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Sokolov is a choker just like Kurek. I think he has been blocked 10 times already.

Looking back Argentina only lost for Iran and Belgium in 3-2, if they had Dececo they probably could have won ( even more if they had Conte), and they could be in the finals with those 2 wins.

Argentina is playing great volleyball with Dececo.

• Argentina played very good volleyball in all the last weekend despite playing with two midget OHs and a MB as Opp :rolll: De Cecco worked his magic.

• Bulgaria needs to train better setters with the middles blockers. It seems like that's going to be a problem for them when they are separated by countries or miles though. Bulgaria was one-dimensional in offense and faces lots of troubles with blocks. Their passing wasn't great but the best setters in the world are capable of turning trash into gold. The lack of creativity was seen best today. Even Bruno wasn't that creative with Bulgaria. So with that, it just made Argentina play aggressively because the setter can't do nothing and forces the play to Sokolov.

I also feel Bulgaria has trouble with "resetting the play". There's no fine line befween killing the ball or saving the play which could've created better opportunities for them to attack the second time around.

Honestly, it's just tactics for Bulgaria. They need someone who can guide them and make them play without the need for power.

Oh I think Sokolov should train with his service. That error ratio was really bad. Other wise Sokolov played really well... with his shorts. I feel I was in heaven too. :heart:

#FreeBritney

• Argentina played very good volleyball in all the last weekend despite playing with two midget OHs and a MB as Opp :rolll: De Cecco worked his magic.

Forgot to ask before: where are Gonzalez and Lima?

By the way, it is kinda surreal how both USA and Russia made it to final six after such a horrible performance in the first weekend. :whistle:

• Forgot to ask before: where are Gonzalez and Lima?

By the way, it is kinda surreal how both USA and Russia made it to final six after such a horrible performance in the first weekend. :whistle:

With Gonzalez (if you mean Jose Luis) I think the coach just judged his time with the NT is over. Lima is injured (not that serious, I think he's being rested for the U23).

• Maybe they miss Zagumny. :whistle:

I feel like Poland or maybe their federation probably blames a lot of non-factors like maybe Antiga. Antiga is a man of action. When he does something... he sticks with it like using Lomacz instead of Drzyzga or benching popular players that are playing badly. So they probably feel like what he did to their team is his fault. I don't know. It's just a conspiracy theory.

Imo babying their players probably kept them from growing. Competition is a sad reality in sports but it adds the thrils. Defeat is natural. Even Brazil has like a downtime before the gold winning way came back. And to think many fans are probably expecting too much of them, they probably could0n't handle it once disappointment came in after one another. So I don't know... maybe they should learn to shut people out of theur minds and just play like a team. I really feel that Poland is just lacking with that. They try to pin it to a person all of their successes and failures so they are also failing as a team because they are probably forgetting that volleyball is the ultimate team sporrts. so again I'm just guessing that they probably need ti stop with the superstar thing in poland or if not totally just make it go away for awhile before amd during the competition. :dance6:

#FreeBritney

• what the heck was that with the FRA uniforms in the match with ITA, that they had to change them in the first TTO???? they were all wearing blue as the ITA, then they changed to red... that was funny, except they didn't match the shorts anymore.

• I feel like Poland or maybe their federation probably blames a lot of non-factors like maybe Antiga. Antiga is a man of action. When he does something... he sticks with it like using Lomacz instead of Drzyzga or benching popular players that are playing badly. So they probably feel like what he did to their team is his fault. I don't know. It's just a conspiracy theory.

And now Antiga is in the final six with Canada using plenty of new faces... :whistle: