2017 FIVB World League

• Your forgot France, they played with B/C as well, but keep in mind, some of these new guys in these teams are here to stay, just like Boyer for example. And they will all be part of the new Olympic Cycle and will be fighting for positions.

But here is the problem, not all of these teams are playing 100% in every game. What costed Belgium was only 1 points or even a few sets. They lost in Iran for Iran in 3-2. Iran had to play really hard and give their best to win, and they did that because they were playing at home. But when they went to Poland they only went for tourism. (I`m not just saying this now, look back on pages and see my post during the Iran vs USA game, I posted saying Iran was not even trying to play, they were just letting easy balls go down). Same thing against Poland and against Russia they played with their bench, which means they gave the US,Poland and Russia each a free win. If they had faced Belgium on the road, Belgium would have beaten them, or if they had played with their bench Belgium would have that 1 extra point.

Argentina played awful the 6 games on the road. Dececo only played last 3 games because they were playing at home, and they played great. Yeah they beat in 3-2 on the road, but let`s say they were playing the last round in Brazil for example, then of course Dececo would have not played and Argentina would care less to win that last game, which means Bulgaria could have won and been in the Final 6.

I hate when teams only play their best when they are playing at home. And when on the road they can care less if they win or not.

Very odd tournament indeed, I can't believe USA/Russia B/C squads managed to enter F6 :aww: big respect for them but this is saying a lot more about other teams. Belgium, Bulgaria and Poland stayed behind even using the best possible squads. No wonder FIVB is going to change format starting the next season but I doubt it'll bring more excitement.

• FIVB needs to sort this mess.

I could see Slovenia winning the case considering the world league is part of the world rankings.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Slovenia around 300 000$, Estonia around 100 000

:aww:

FIVB needs to sort this mess.

I could see Slovenia winning the case considering the world league is part of the world rankings.

Absolutely. And I can see the FIVB doing a damnatio memoriae on Slovenian volleyball for the next decade as petty revenge. Remember Germany was exiled to group 3 for not taking the WL seriously.

More likely, we will see Ljubliana hosting the European OQT for Tokyo 2020 as a form of payback.

• really, people, poglajen is 195 cm tall, that's a midget to you? undersized? in what world would that be?

He's undersized as an opposite. He's okay as a swing hitter.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• the discussion was about 2 midget OHs.

Bruno and Toro? Then yes. They are undersized.

Poglajen is an opposite by trade.

#FreeBritney

• :aww:

That's my estimation but realistic since they paid only 170 000 registrations fees for 2 seasons. If you add preparations, organization one tournament (Ljubljana last year), travels to Greece, Germany, South Korea, Japan, Egypt and now Australia at least they spent 300 000. Estonia paid 65 000 registration fee, organizied one tournament, went to Montenegro and Mexico... I doubt they earned more than they've paid :whistle:

• FIVB needs to sort this mess.

Possible case depends on the WL statute. I don't believe they haven't secured themselves against possible lawsuits. Maybe only if other teams joins Slovenia in lawsuit but so far no one gave any statement :whistle:

• really, people, poglajen is 195 cm tall, that's a midget to you? undersized? in what world would that be?

I was talking about Toro and Bruno, both who had big part in our wins against Brazil and Bulgaria. Obviously Poglajen is not small for a OH.

• Slovenia wins World League Group 2 and Japan wins by getting promoted to "Group 1" next year.

:whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Jesus! The humiliation for Slovenia never ends! That trophy looks like it was meant for kids. Great Job, FIVB!

:down:

#FreeBritney

• FIVB should just remoce the world league from the world rankings.

There's just no point for it anymore.

#FreeBritney

• If Slovenia wants to be back, will it only replace one of South Korea, Canada, Bulgaria and Australia in 2019? Just I guess it.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Congrats to Slovenia! But Japan, China, Australia and South Korea are the true winners by getting promoted to Group 1 next year. Well done FIVB!!

And Italy too... Despite I'm obviously glad Italy will play the WL, It's really unfair for Slovenia and Belgium.

Congrats to Slovenia, anyway!

• Being a Chinese, I hope to have more Asian teams to play in group 1 to improve the Asian volleyball level. But it was really non-sense to stop teams like Slovenia from joining world league next year. They are absolutely playing a level higher than almost all the Asian teams including Australia China Korea Japan. Actually the 3-group system is not bad, but they just need more inter-group mobility, like increasing the relegation/promotion quotas from 1 to 3. It will make teams in any group to have far more motivation to win every match.