2017 FIVB World League

• For sure there`s over 20k plus people over there.....Yeah Great Job FIVB, in volleyball is very rare to see 20k people watching a game.

You do have a great eye for attendance, huh? Because the official number was actually 9,800 attendees! That is below 25% capacity if there are indeed 42k seats available in this seating mode.

Sure putting a game in a freezing state at 3PM on a Tuesday is a great decision!

• You guys watched the game also right ?? If the capacity is 30k, it is impossible that game only had 10k....Just watch the game, the stadium is almost full, only the upper seats are empty. Just by looking at it seams like it is 80/85% full.

edit: I read on UOL 30K seats ( and not 43K)....I don`t know....but either way. It looked "full" and I could only see empty seats on the very upper stands.

You do have a great eye for attendance, huh? Because the official number was actually 9,800 attendees! That is below 25% capacity if there are indeed 42k seats available in this seating mode.

Sure putting a game in a freezing state at 3PM on a Tuesday is a great decision!

• 80/85% full? You must be kidding me

• I did watch the game entirely (even though it sucked and bored me to death), the thing is I am not either blind or delusional to the facts lmao but hey, you do you I guess.

• The arena is not air conditioned, so it is cold because of the air outside the arena. It would have cost the Brazilian more money to have built a stadium with air conditioning for the World Cup in 2014.

I guess the FIVB forgot about that the Southern Hemisphere is in the winter in July.

• And watching the match, I cannot find an overhead screen broadcasting the match at the central of the field. I wonder what can those seating outside the central stadium know about the match? I think they may find it difficult to even follow the score, not to mention things like ball in/out , block touch...etc.

• Canada beat Russia in three sets! :cheesy: I did not expect Russia to win with this younger squad anyway, not to mention it being their first game in the stadium, but I thought they would be able to at least take one set.

Hope for a good game between USA and Serbia next!

• All 4 teams yesterday struggled a lot in their first day, and it is no different today for Russia and Serbia, I guess it is very challenging adapting playing in a stadium and in the cold.

Serbia started really "cold", but I think tomorrow they will be playing better and if they can beat France I`m pretty sure they will put on a fight against Brazil in the semi-final.

I think for the semis and Final we will see some really good volleyball once teams are used to the new conditions.

• Perfect first set by Brazil and now they've relaxed a bit after settling their SF spot.

Random thought: I'm not sure I'm ever gonna like this team as much as I did until 2010 as long as Mauricio Borges is playing. The fact that the team went from freaking Murilo to him is just...
    My only hope is that either Rodriguinho or Douglas find more playing time and get his spot in the next years.

• Mauricio finished the Preliminary Round as:

1st RECEIVER - 65.83% ( 2nd place is Perrin way far behind with 53.25%) ...He even received better than any libero.

3rd DIGGER - 1.81 ( Only behind 2 liberos, which makes him the best among all OH)

3rd Server - 0.39.