2017 FIVB World League

• Oh my god! The livechat in the fivb channel is more entertaining than some of the matches. :obey:

@akietoakie were you that guy in Czech and Korea chatbox? :cheesy:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• FIVB will be streaming all games on youtube :heart: .

In the USA I think Universal Sports will broadcast the US games,and they might block the US games for people in the US. In Brazil Globo/Sportv has the rights, and they usually block every single game, not only Brazil`s.

NBC Sports and Universal HD (Universal Sports is dead) will cover games. Universal HD will be changed to the Olympic Channel in July.

• Did something happen to Venezuela? The FIVB website lists their game against Austria as a WO for the Austrians. Or is it a mistake?

• Venezuela has not made it to Frankfurt as of Thursday and may not play this weekend.

Oh, that is a shame. I guess we will be seeing another team filling in their spot next year in group 3.
    Thanks for the answer! ^^

• As usual they won`t broadcast it live, today`s game for example will air at 5:30pm, and they never show the whole game.

NBC Sports and Universal HD (Universal Sports is dead) will cover games. Universal HD will be changed to the Olympic Channel in July.

• American jerseys are even worse.

Yeah. The hell is going on this year? lol

This young Italian squad is looking promising. Good middles, great defense and surprisingly good performance by Randazzo (seems like a few years off the adult NT did him good). Meanwhile, what is happening to Iran? They used to be such a beast and now they are just... there.

Serbian team is also looking good, not different in any way from last year. I did not see anything special about the youngsters in USA yet, but it is still way too early to tell (by the way, the FIVB broadcast was a mess in that game, messing up data all around; DeFalco was listed as 30yo and Lisinac 32, for example lol).

Gotta talk about Brazil and Poland too. Great game by Konarski and Sliwka, and it is also clear now that Lomacz works better for the team than Drzyzga. Meanwhile, in Brazil, Bruno was simply awful. Horrible sets all around, it was ridiculous. Maurício Borges is still as useless as ever making an incredible amount of juvenile mistakes with just a few (very few) sparks of brilliance every once in a while. Hope Renan realizes it is time for Douglas and Rodriguinho.

I wish I could have watched more from Belgium vs Canada, seems like it was really entertaining. Sadly I could only catch the first two sets and Canada was playing with a few young faces; their new OPP, Gunter, looks solid.

• Luigi is looking like my next Italian Boytoy. :obey:

For USA.

USAwas okay Taylor so far cannot kill with a high ball set which made their offense predictable. Otherwise he was okay. TJ still needs to develop his reception but I love his digging, he is really fast probably the fastest of all the OHs for USA.

They really need Thomas though. They are missing Aaron a lot. He can still kill some balls without his proper approach and high balls as well. but as he is injured nothign we can do. :whistle:

Clark wss alright consideing he had no club for a year.

Micah was predictable but really did great at tracking some nastily shanked passes.

The middles did okay considering they weren't going to win the serving game against Serbia. McDonnell really played great at being available as an attacker so the offense was not that bad for USA. David Smith was much better than David Lee in Rio so I wonder if he was just not as good in Rio for him to be overtook by Lee.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Glad I'm not alone on the Randazzo bandwagon. He aged VERY well. :flower:

Iran on the other side looks like it's on a freefall back into relative irrelevance on the world stage. Shame to see so much wasted talent but there's only a limited number of coaches you can use and throw away before not a single good one wants to work with you anymore.

• This is not good knowing I have some competition over Luigi. :whistle:

Jk. :dance6:

I like that he looks so focused though. I remember him making unnecessary errors when Kovar went down and he had to replace him.

He looks like the type of guy with an inner fire and that probably helped in his development. I just wish he continues to do so. I really like him not because he is hot but because i feel the desire from his face. :rose:

#FreeBritney

• I wonder if I watched a different match ?! You guys talk about Iran-Italy match like it was completely one-sided . while in reality all 3 sets were close. of course the final result was disappointing and even the performance at some point but that was not surprising. Iran is having a new coach, some players are injured, some of them are not in shape. actually they stated to do something from the middle of 2nd set. shame they missed crucial points but still losing to Italy (even without Zaitsev and Juantorena) in Italy in 3 close sets is not a disaster. things could be different if Iran had a half decent middle blocker instead of M. Gholami who missed almost every single spikes and blocked nothing.

I didn't expect Iran to win a match this weekend (even though tonight match was winnable) I guess they can win couple of matches next weekend in Tehran.

in 3 years with Kovac and Lozano they added only one half-decent player to the NT which is Ebadipour. a bit of downfall is excepted with main players aging even though none of them are really old but I believe they are not much motivated, it's time to bring new players to the NT. I didn't like it when they signed with Kolakovic but now he is the coach I prefer to be optimistic, he is still learning about the players, at least he is tough and knows how to handle these guys. that Kovac era gave them bad habits. and Lozano didn't change much.