2017 FIVB World League

• About this year's WL... I'm not really sure what France and Brazil are trying to accomplish. Let the young guns develop. If not now, when?

Brazil is just trying to build team chemistry with a new coach, but Renan Dal Zotto is actually using a few new faces more often as I said before: Thales (L) has been playing regularly in his first season, Douglas and Rodriguinho (OH) enter the court every once in a while, Otávio (MB) is also playing quite a bit and Renan Buiatti (OPP) is probably playing this entire weekend as the starter.

It is important to notice that, even though some of the guys are relatively old, a few of them are only playing their second or third year as key players in the adult NT: for example, both Maurícios were playing with the B team last year, as well as Brendle (L), Douglas and Renan. So it is not like they are longtime veterans.

Brazil has always been a very conservative team when it comes to trying out new faces. These last two weeks have already seen quite a bit of them on court. Plus we are hosting the finals again this year and Dal Zotto most likely just wants to have the strongest team at their best shape there, which requires playing most of the matches in the regular stage.

• Pardon my ignorance, but who is Yaroslav?
    You mean Yaroslav Podlesnykh who played for Belogorie last season?

• 45 errors by Italy :white:
    I haven't seen this number on this level...

• Quite a poor Italy so far :wacko: Our block is inexistent!
    At least we are serving discretely...

And when I said that I was still quite confident that we were going to win 3-1... Oh fly :aww:
    Obviously we stopped serving well. Or at least, we serve very well but out :whistle:

I lost the count of how many time with cross the service line (2 Sabbi and 1 Botto, at least, and Botto in the tie break) and the 3-meters line (Antonov 3 times, twice in a row in the tie break, and Sabbi at least one).

• Italy not starting Sabbi in the beginning really hurt them. Vettori is a lost case. Sabbi built his reputation back last season for Superlega to start over him.

Ryu Takamiya yeah I'm talking about that Yaroslav from Belgorod.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I like Volkov when he's calm. He used to scream very loudly in every points he gets but i didnt see many of that in this match. He's a very good young player with great attack and service. Russia is still struggling with the passing. Both ohs are very bad at reception.

• Italy has been playing like if they don`t even wanna play, no motivation and no energy at all, The only game they "brought it" was against Brazil.

Might be just be, but Gianelli seams really off, he looks tired, I don`t know what it is.

• Bench time for Brazil(Murilo Radke,Renan,Otavio) vs Bulgaria.

Murilo is playing badly. Reception has been average but not using the middles is a key part for Brazil even in out of system plays.

Renan and Otavio are okay, I guess.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Bulgaria is putting on a fight, Murilo Radke was not playing well, but he is so sexy. Also Bulgaria`s shorts are actually very short, they only cover half of their thigh, Sokolov got really nice legs.

• Bulgaria is putting on a fight, Murilo Radke was not playing well, but he is so sexy. Also Bulgaria`s shorts are actually very short, they only cover half of their thigh, Sokolov got really nice legs.

The things I would do with Tsvetan that could take me to banland in an instant if i post it here. :win:

Ahhh why is there a foreigner commentator in the audio for the match? :down:

#FreeBritney

• I`m watching on the FIVB youtube, there`s no commentator, ( but you can hear the local commentator that is in the arena talking).

edit: I dont think youtube can take his voice off from the audio that goes into the streaming.

• Wouldn't that count as double touch from Lucarelli? The one that bounce off his head and return it to the bulgarian side with his hand?

#FreeBritney

• Oh boy Murilo's setting is just bad and is turning worse.

#FreeBritney

• Poor Bruno. No rest for him, I guess.

#FreeBritney

• Brazil is qualified for the final, he still does not need to play, Brazil does not need to win. Bruno should not be playing.

There's a matter of losing knowing you gave it your all and losing badly like a chump.

Murilo is too inconsistent and it shows. Wish they've gone with Thiaguinho instead.

#FreeBritney

• Atleast with Murilo's inconsistency, we get to see Rodriguinho play more. :heart:

#FreeBritney