Men's World Grand Champions Cup 2017

• Kk15 - There`s plenty of choices for Italy to win a award.

At the stats -

1 - Setter - Gianelli
    1 - Score - Vetorri, 2 -Lanza
    3 - Blocker - Piano
    1 - Server - Antanov
    2 - Receiver - Colaci

where did u get this stats? From the website statistics or from someone else?

Should brazil win japan, souza wallace and brino could be awardees in the individual category as wallace being mvp

• Should brazil win japan, souza wallace and brino could be awardees in the individual category as wallace being mvp

If Iran will arrive third, for me also Marouf is definitely in the competition for best setter.

For the MVP, I guess it will also depend on how many 'best player' in a certain position there are; for example, if they feel both Marouf and Bruno would deserve the 'best setter', they could give the 'best setter' to the first and the MVP to the second, or (another example) best opp to Ghafour and MVP to Wallace.
    Anyway, without 'balance between teams' calculations I would consider Wallace or Lucarelli as MVP.

• Congrats Iran!!! Bronze taken (and deserved, for what I've seen!) :super:
    I hadn't realized this would have been their first medal in an FIVB competition :white:

So, Iran 3rd, USA 4th, France 5th, Japan 6th no matter how the last match will end.

• Congrats Iran!!! Bronze taken (and deserved, for what I've seen!) :super:
    I hadn't realized this would have been their first medal in an FIVB competition :white:

So, Iran 3rd, USA 4th, France 5th, Japan 6th no matter how the last match will end.

if japan win in last match , iran become 2nd . am i right ?

• Oh yes absolutely! I hand't realize that :aww: , I thiought I heard the commentator said Iran won bronze, may be he said 'at least bronze'!

Let's get real though.

The only way for that to happen is if everyone from Brazil got food poisoning coming into this match. :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Yes I agree.
    I've already made up my mind with winning the silver, even if for us it would be enough a 3-2 victory by Brazil. I would definitely bet on it :lol:

Quite amazing how a team loaded with talent such as Iran never won anything until today

True!

• Quite amazing how a team loaded with talent such as Iran never won anything until today (not counting youth tournaments and the weak Asian championships), congratulations

Their serve pressure is weak. You have to be great at that or you won't beat the best teams in the world no matter how great your players are.

They also did not have a player that can really bail them out when reception is not ideal so having that young Manavinejad hitting high for Iran can be good for them in the future.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Happy with the bronze medal, 8) first ever FIVB medal for Iran senior team. even though I know WGCC is probably the lowest in FIVB competitions in term of importance. but you must be unlucky to finish 3rd despite having one defeat.

doesn't matter if France was incomplete or what, they finally broke the France curse ! out of all top teams in the world one team was undefeated for Iran and that was France.

still this team needs a lot of changes. Mousavi is an average player now, Marouf makes mistakes here and there and there is no replacement for him, I was expecting to see more of Manavinejad in this tournament. I hope playing in Italy helps him improve, I give him credit for taking the risk of playing outside of Iran. same goes to Ebadipour, I'm quite sure they could earn more in Iran

• Congrats Brazil!! Very deserved victory, they are always on the top no matter what, impressive.

And thanks Japan to let me believe for a little while in a miracle in the third set :flower:

where did u get this stats? From the website statistics or from someone else?

Here the general: http://grandchampionscup.2017.…en/statistics/bestscorers (from the list on the left you can select spike, serve and so on.

The specific stats for each match ara also available on FIVB: go to the 'results and ranking' page; then you can select the match you're interested in; it will open in 'Post-match', and scrolling that page you can check the 'match statistic by teams' and 'match statistic by players' – here you have click on the files to read the stats, they won't download automatically, just open on a new window.

Well, thinking about it better, may be Lucarelli and Lanza can honestly work as best OH duo.

After all I realized Antonov has better stats than Lanza in spikes, reception and serve! But he is the 5th top scorer, while Lanza is the 3rd (without Brazil-Japan results, at least)

• but you must be unlucky to finish 3rd despite having one defeat.

True, but it's not that strange in such a short tournament; think that Poland experienced the same in the WC, which include 11 matches!
    Anyway, I realize now that the only defeat Brazil had was vs the second, Italy, and the only defeat Italy had was vs the third, Iran. Curious!

I'm quite sure they could earn more in Iran

Yeah, probably! And I read in Iran the volleyball players are like stars, something ore similar to soccer players here in Italy. I don't think many players would renounce to that.

Can someone post a link for the ceremony???

I thought they were going to show it after the last match in the same streaming, but it shut down! :S

• Eventually this useless tournament is over. :wavy: It was even worse than the 2013 edition.

Now we have NORCECA (the schedule is insane). :white:

I hope Speraw will give up on Anderson once for all. Useless as opposite, useless as outside hitter. It seems he tried everyone but Averill and Watten this week. I guess he used the tournament to prepare the NORCECA and choose the starters.

• Does anyone know where online to watch the award ceremony please? Many thanks! :!:

• Predictions:
    OHs - Ebadipour, Antonov
    MBs - Lucas, Mazzone/Piano
    Setter - Gianneli
    Libero - Ide
    OP - Wallace
    MVP - Wallace

• Thanks B-Quick!

I would have preferred Wallace over Anderson, and after all I think they could have gave Lucarelli the MVP and Lanza (or Antonov) the best OH with Epadipour (he was in my OH list as well).
    The rest are overall as I expected, but I thought the best setter was going to Bruno or Marouf.

Congrats Teo and Simo :heart: :heart:

• Thanks B-Quick!

I would have preferred Wallace over Anderson, and after all I think they could have gave Lucarelli the MVP and Lanza (or Antonov) the best OH with Epadipour (he was in my OH list as well).
    The rest are overall as I expected, but I thought the best setter was going to Bruno or Marouf.

Congrats Teo and Simo :heart: :heart:

I was about to predict Anderson based from his high stats but never thought that FIVB would give the best OP to a 4th placer. Matt deserves it to be honest. I discounted Lucarelli overall. Antonov stats in spikes and receives are quite high, he's #1 server as well. Ebadipour is the most obvious OH choice from start to finish. Bruno ranks last among setters, #6