Men's World Grand Champions Cup 2017

• Oh fly, what a terrible end of the set by Italy

Not again! :cursing:

Edit: thank you Roussard.

As I remember Italy made 83-84 mistakes in first two matches, over 100 if we add matchs vs Japan. Simply too much

I think 42 vs Iran, 41 vs Brazil (I'm still incredule that we won despite that) and 32 vs Japan... 115. :S

But today imho we are making even more action mistakes/imprecision than in the other matches.

• Despite level isn't that high IMO this is good match. Both coaches fielded younger players due various reasons and in a year or two these players will be leaders of France and Italy. I would point out French setter Brizard, great prospect, who signed for Politechnika. Also both MB's, Chinenyeze and Bultor :whistle:

• Despite level isn't that high IMO this is good match.

Instead for me is a quite poor match so far, but I guess my judgment is biased by the fact I'm disappointed for how Italy is playing...

Now double change for France, Toniutti and Boyer in.

Both coaches fielded younger players due various reasons and in a year or two these players will be leaders of France and Italy. I would point out French setter Brizard, great prospect, who signed for Politechnika. Also both MB's, Chinenyeze and Bultor :whistle:

Which young did Blengini fielded more than usual? :what:
    Now even Balaso isn't playing in defense...
    Anyway I really like Chinenyeze as well ^^ While is probably the first match I saw Bizard, Bultor and Patry truly playing so I can't properly judge their quality (even if I think they're playing well today)

• This is what I wanted to see from Vettori. Consistency.

Obviously... there's the part where Giannelli probably got the set Vettori wants...So the credit is also his.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• there's the part where Giannelli probably got the set Vettori wants...

Can I ask to explain what do you mean exactly? I'm not sure I got it...

I was sure he did a foot fault too
    Anyway, I learned lately that the TV gave a very different impression: sometime I see a 'probable' touch, and then the challenge show it wasn't, other times I saw a massive fault, and at the end the foot only slightly touched a very small portion of the line...

See, in the 4th I strongly suspected that Giannelli did a foot fault, and also Tillie even called the challenge in the middle of the action to check for it, but the foot wasn't even that close to the line.

• Very impressed with Brizard.

I guess he is one of the few setters who can force the middle blockers to attack in awkward positions.

Also being taller than Toniutti helps...

It is also nice that he is cute to look at. :cheesy:

I still can't forget what I saw in Julien Lyneel's instagram story with Brizard being butt naked while wearing just a towel.... :heart:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• What I ment under good match is prospect of these teams not quality in general :) Ok Italy played whole summer in this composition but that doesnt change fact that some of these players, for the first time, playing regularly for the NT :win:

• Ok Italy played whole summer in this composition but that doesnt change fact that some of these players, for the first time, playing regularly for the NT

Ok I though you meant today!

If you're speaking about the whole summer, we can add also Spirito and Ricci to Balaso, even if we all wished they could have played more at least during the WL!

• I wouldnt be harsh on Frenchies. Ok, they fcked up ECH but after WCH qualies and WL they simply faded :gone: As I heard they didn't even practice much after ECH, N'Gapeth and Le Roux are missing, next club season is going to be extremely difficult and long. If I was on Tillie's place I wouldnt even take Toniutti and Grebennikov to GCC.

• Ok I though you meant today!

If you're speaking about the whole summer, we can add also Spirito and Ricci to Balaso, even if we all wished they could have played more at least during the WL!

Building a new generation is really difficult, especially if you are top team used to medals. Even though I'm not fan of Blengini's skills he did a good job with these players. Italy will be top contender for gold in Tokyo 2020, as well as France, USA and Russia.

Building a new generation is really difficult, especially if you are top team used to medals. Even though I'm not fan of Blengini's skills he did a good job with these players. Italy will be top contender for gold in Tokyo 2020, as well as France, USA and Russia.

France for gold? Lol if their mentality is like this, I doubt they can even qualify for Tokyo. They simply lack of fighting spirit. Veterans couldnt help younger guys. They started to play like dead after the first day of the competition. I dont know why but Tillie didnt even call for practice. They just left straight away for Japan. But the good thing is some younger guys are doing a pretty good job, however, what bothers me is that they dont want to fight. Like seriously, why having Tillie as a libero? There are some other libero out there yet Dad Tille wants his son on the team when actually hes not ready. :wacko: :wacko:

• I suppose Jenia is having some health issues, no way he took him to Japan to sit on a bench.

Yeah, France will fight for gold in Tokyo. This is veeeery young team, Patry and Boyer are 21 y.o., Bultor 22, Clevenot 23, Rossard 24, Chinenyeze 19 (!!) and they are playing against top teams. I don't doubt they'll make huge impact in next 2-3 years. If you add that "veterans" are under 30 now they'll have a hell of a team in Tokyo.

Regarding performaces here - they simply dont care about GCC. This is 4th tournament in less than 4 months, motivation isnt high after ECH, they are tired and exhausted both mentally and physically so I'm not surprised with results here. We should not take GCC as their true face :wavy:

• Building a new generation is really difficult, especially if you are top team used to medals

Yes, I agree about that, in fact the overall feeling is that he should have give more space to these players once it was clear the WL was kinda f***ed up.

I mean, we didn't expect him to present to the WL like Russia and USA (even if probably we wouldn't have blamed him if he had done it), also because we have the WCh at home so we can't only think about the OG.
    I didn't named France because for me their situation was different than Russia and USA: the latter gave space to the youngs, but knowing the 'older' would have came back later on during the summer, while France 'simply' has a renewed team (like women in Italy, for example).

• I dont know why but Tillie didnt even call for practice. They just left straight away for Japan.

Again, neither Italy did practice before leaving for Japan.

I suppose Jenia is having some health issues, no way he took him to Japan to sit on a bench.

I don't know, I read it was to let Tillie son try again the court after a long period of stop... But I agree that if that's true, it's insane to bring Grebennikov to Japan knowing he wouldn't have played at all.

I don't doubt they'll make huge impact in next 2-3 years. If you add that "veterans" are under 30 now they'll have a hell of a team in Tokyo

I agree.
    That doesn't mean they can't choke in Tokyo or in any other tournament, but the quality is there (or will be there, at least). I wish them this individual quality will be translated in a quality game system as well.
    Except vs Italy :P

• I like Jaean Patry better than Boyer. He commited less errors than Boyer and he is taller.

Patry committed a lot of errors.

His game waned down the longer the match went on.

#FreeBritney

I forgot Randazzo, even if it's not his first summer with the NT I think we can count him as well among the young included in the group.

I wished Nelli was given a chance as well, I admit.

• This is the worst game ever by Bruno.. He was absolutely awful, not only wrong decisions by a lot of really bad sets.

Bruno's setting has been a problem pretty much most of the season - very inconsistent. He also seems to have lost some setting discipline here since his father stopped coaching I feel.He goes through phases of just manic setting. He also hasn't done enough for example to be able to get Mauricio Souza offensively in matches in the middle. Hopefully the new coach can sort this out...