You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kaziyski

Bulgarian NT hater declared by dido1302

• "Kaziyski" is male
  • "Kaziyski" started this thread

Monday, January 9th 2017, 10:48am

2017 FIVB U21 World Championship | Czech Republic

First part of European qualifiers for U21 WCH in Czech Republic is over. Germany, Belgium, Serbia and Bulgaria secured spot in the next round as a group winners while Latvia and France advanced further as the best 2nd ranked teams. 3rd round of qualification will be held 18-21 May with Poland and Ukraine as group hosts. Poland will play against Germany, Belgium and Latvia while Ukraine is going to host Serbia, Bulgaria and France.

I'm quite surprised with Belgium as this generation have had poor results but new head coach, Eyckmans, made incredibile improvement. Also Latvia is pleasant surprise while Romania failed again despite having quite interesting roster.

One interesting fact for the end. Ex-Belgorod coach, Boris Kolchinss is head coach of Latvia :)
Shiva :heart:

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Favourite Players: LLoy Ball, Pavel Zagumny, Nikola Grbic, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitry Muserskiy. Murillo Endres, Nikolay Pavlov, Luciano De Cecco

Monday, January 9th 2017, 2:39pm

First part of European qualifiers for U21 WCH in Czech Republic is over. Germany, Belgium, Serbia and Bulgaria secured spot in the next round as a group winners while Latvia and France advanced further as the best 2nd ranked teams. 3rd round of qualification will be held 18-21 May with Poland and Ukraine as group hosts. Poland will play against Germany, Belgium and Latvia while Ukraine is going to host Serbia, Bulgaria and France.

I'm quite surprised with Belgium as this generation have had poor results but new head coach, Eyckmans, made incredibile improvement. Also Latvia is pleasant surprise while Romania failed again despite having quite interesting roster.

One interesting fact for the end. Ex-Belgorod coach, Boris Kolchinss is head coach of Latvia :)

I first wanted to write that Turkeys result must be massive disappointment for them but then i checked qualification criteria:

If i see it right, Russia, Italy, Turkey and Poland will be qualified through world ranking anyway. I just wonder why, unlike Russia and Italy, Turkey and Poland are still playing qualification at all?

Qualification criteria: http://u21.men.2017.volleyball.fivb.com/…n/qualification
U21 world ranking: http://www.fivb.org/en/volleyball/VB_Ranking_U21_2017-01.asp
never mess with your setter......

tomen

Professional

• "tomen" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W/M) Russian NT (M/W) Italian NT (W/M) Polish NT (M/W)

Favourite Players: Manon Flier, Zhu Ting, Jiang Chuan

Monday, January 9th 2017, 3:32pm

I hope China men's national volleyball team be one of the strongest teams of the senior teams.
My favourite roster of Chinese
male NT:
S - Li Run-ming, Zhan Guo-jun
OP - Dai Qing-yao, Jiang Chuan
OH - Ji Dao-shuai, Xia Run-tao, Liu Li-bin, Zhang Chen
MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Chen Long-hai, Geng Xin
L - Ren Qi

female NT:
S - Ding Xia, Yao Di
OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zhang Chang-ning
OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Zhu Ting, Liu Xiao-tong, Li Jing
MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Xu Yun-li
L - Lin Li

My avatar is Jiang Chuan. I hope more persons love him.

Kaziyski

• "Kaziyski" is male

Monday, January 9th 2017, 4:54pm

@Timm

Yes, Turkey already secured WCH spot based on FIVB U21 rankings. Reason for joining these qualies is they were not sure whether they are in the top six or not as rankings were published on 1st January. Poland has to play qualies as a U20 European champions :whistle:

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Monday, January 9th 2017, 5:23pm

@Timm

Yes, Turkey already secured WCH spot based on FIVB U21 rankings. Reason for joining these qualies is they were not sure whether they are in the top six or not as rankings were published on 1st January. Poland has to play qualies as a U20 European champions :whistle:
This is one of the sentences which defines why volleyball will not get any serious popularity (meaning development, coverage, and money) any time soon.

Kaziyski

• "Kaziyski" is male

Monday, January 9th 2017, 6:52pm

@Timm

This is one of the sentences which defines why volleyball will not get any serious popularity (meaning development, coverage, and money) any time soon.

U said everything in just one sentence :drink: I found this information on Turkish Volleyball Federation website so that says a lot.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaziyski" (Jan 9th 2017, 7:01pm)

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Favourite Players: LLoy Ball, Pavel Zagumny, Nikola Grbic, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitry Muserskiy. Murillo Endres, Nikolay Pavlov, Luciano De Cecco

Tuesday, January 10th 2017, 2:16pm

Poland has to play qualies as a U20 European champions :whistle:

But with China and Argentina being already qualified, they look safe for qualification over world ranking too. So what appeared to be a bad draw for the german team could actually turn out to be a good one. Always provided of course that Poland now sends a "B-team" to second round..... :whistle:
never mess with your setter......

Kaziyski

• "Kaziyski" is male

Wednesday, January 11th 2017, 9:54am

Poland also secured WCH over FIVB rankings :teach:

Social bookmarks