2017 FIVB U21 World Championship | Czech Republic

• Belgium Federation Facebook profile

https://www.facebook.com/TopVo…561383795/?type=3&theater

Turkey lost huuge by this decision as I remember they wrote on official site they are already qualified through world rankings so they didn't sent the best possibile team in Croatia. Dunno for how long FIVB can behave like that and who's going to stop that. If I'm Turks place I would make some official moves in order to compensate missing WCH

• So maybe the staff in turkish federation just didn't read their emails before first round :D

But whatever, lets play ball: Matches in Berlin will be streamed by sportdeuschland :

19.05.2017: POL - BEL (17:00) & LAT - GER (20:00)
    20.05.2017: BEL - GER (17:00) & POL - LAT (20:00)
    21.05.2017: GER - POL (15:00) & BEL - LAT (18:00)

• Turkey lost huuge by this decision as I remember they wrote on official site they are already qualified through world rankings so they didn't sent the best possibile team in Croatia. Dunno for how long FIVB can behave like that and who's going to stop that. If I'm Turks place I would make some official moves in order to compensate missing WCH

Who was missing from the Turkish team? Because Lagumdzija, Cam, and Avci travelled to Croatia and they are surely not bench players.

By the way, the tournament in Berlin starts tomorrow, May 19, but the one in Serbia starts today.

• Captain Muzzafer, MB Tosun, Bayraktar played as libero, setter Yatgin came on a match day in Croatia, libero Sahin, Kamci.. Turks didnt have proper preparations at all, they came like a tourists and Turkish delegation were saying they are already qualified. I know all this as friend was part of CRO NT.

Tragic performance by Bulgaria today, really poor match :white:

• Tragic performance by Bulgaria today, really poor match :white:

Yes, unfortunately :( I have written previously about the future of Bulgarian volleyball, with the current (eternal) governing body, the mere qualification is considered a success, but we know very well that this didn't use to be enough. Now the picture is different. Unlike younger generations, this one (plus the 2-years-older ones despite their often shameful results in ECHs, qualies, etc.) was probably the last for which there is still some hope. What they missed (and the reasons why) at last year's home ECH is an old story documented in its respective section, let's focus on the team now.

Alex Grozdanov (Dobrudzha 07) is surprisingly out, the only possible reason can be an injury. He is the best junior/youth MB we have, his absence will be notable in Serbia. Lyutskanov played the whole season either as an OH or an OPP in Levski, thanks to Vlado Nikolov's decision based on the fact that he is not tall enough to be a pro MB. Of course, we shouldn't forget about the Nikolay Zhelyzakov (head coach) factor, he is often capable of producing such results. 8-25 in the opening set says enough about preparation, motivation, coach's work, you name it. However, the disappointment remains. Parapunov, one of the best young opposites in Europe, Shekerdzhiev, with regular playing time for CSKA, Nikolay Manchev and Tsvetelin Tsvetanov, now with more confidence after 2 full seasons in the Bulgarian league, are all players who, maybe under different circumstances, should deliver more. This result almost certainly sends Bulgaria out, but it would be truly deserved with the motivation they demonstrated.

• Zhelyzakov is overrated coach IMO and yesterdays performance was way below any level. I thought they made rotation mistake in 1st set but Serbia simply destroyed them. 8 points won in whole set is a disgrace for any Bulgarian team. I know they played 3 matches vs Belgium in preparations, winning 2 of them (all three went in 5 sets). Grozdanov's absence was huge surprise for me as that guy was great on ECH and I thought he is witn senior NT. :gone:

• Krick isnt playing for Germany, any reason for that ?(

Federation's report refers to "slight physical problems". He got subbed in later in the match nonetheless and obviously did pretty well. So i don't think its too serious. He will be needed for next matches......

• Verstappen underestimated Latvia as Krick didnt look like slightly injured. Whats even more important - reception. They were tragic in that element and should have problems with Belgium floats :whistle:

Can you give me link which is refering to Krick's problem :win:

• Here you go:
    http://www.volleyball-verband.…n--juniorinnen-verlieren/

"zuletzt leicht angeschlagen"

Didn't see the match yesterday but generally you are right with the reception issues. Especially Bogachev, as great as a spiker he is, is always a candidate for getting served "off court". He really needs to get better there to survive as an OH on pro level.....

• I've watched and reception was really poor considering Latvians aren't that dangerous from service line. You are right about Bogachev but Balster was main target. Libero was fixing their bad receptions all the time. In general Germany doesnt stand a chance against Poland tomorrow.

• Congrats for qualifying to Ukraine, who proved that last ECH wasn't just a fluke, and of course to Poland. Lets see if this generation can make the double/double (2xECH, 2xWCH). Would this be historic achievement?

At PanAm games, Brazil and Cuba booked their tickets to WCH.

P.S.
    WCH Wikipedia page published the teams being qualified over world ranking. Lets see what FIVB will say.... 8) :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…7s_U21_World_Championship

• Chinese U21 team will arrive in Italy for warm-ups today (June 10 or 11).
    Who knows about it?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• POOL A

Czech Rep.
    Poland
    Morrocco
    Canada

POOL B

Russia
    Turkey

Cuba
    USA

POOL C

Argentina
    Italy
    Iran
    Ukraine

POOL D

China
    Brazil
    Egypt
    Japan

* - bolded teams are continental champions, italic qualified through World rankings

I did some reasearch, Morrocco qualified through World rankings as the best placed African team after Egypt :rolll: FIVB is just hillarious :aww: Not to mention participants through World rankings weren't known until month ago :obey: :drink: there isn't sport in which participants are coming on WCH like in volley

• I think Slovenia rejected participation. Therefore, Morocco is the next ranked team should qualify.

This year slovenia will host a tournament and qualifed in many tournaments for both men's and women's.

And, you forgot to bold Egypt as continental champion.

• I think Slovenia rejected participation. Therefore, Morocco is the next ranked team should qualify.

This year slovenia will host a tournament and qualifed in many tournaments for both men's and women's.

And, you forgot to bold Egypt as continental champion.

Thx for correction :drink:

Hmm I'm not so sure about Slovenia as Africa is always having 2 teams on WCH and 7 European teams would be too much :win:

• Group C is death group! :white:

ARG-Silver medalist at U19 WCh
    IRN: Bronze medalist at U19 WCh
    UKR: Silver medalist at U20 ECh
    ITA: silver medalist at U19 ECh and 4th at U20 ECh

Group A is easiest with heavy favourite Poland. They have 3 gold medals, reminding me Turkish golden female generation 94-95

Group B is quite balanced while Group D is comparatively weaker group.

• Italy jus ost to Iran 3-0. Iran had good reception and managed also to defend and block well the italian attackers. Italy with some mistakes too much.
    Anyway... to me every on every iranian serve there was veil fault: all the other players were right in front of the server, in order to hide him! :whistle:

• Does FIVB you tube channel send the matches (or where did you watch it)?

We know we are in a very tough group but after this defeat it's even tougher, I thought Iran could be a little more affordable for Italy than the other two (I don't want to remind our defeat vs Ukraine in the Ech...)

For the record, Sbertoli is doing the exam that conclude Italian 'high-shool' career, so the 26 he will be in Italy for the third written test (and then he has the oral exam on July the 2nd).