2017 FIVB U21 World Championship | Czech Republic

• I found the live stream on youtube.. the page is called Volleyball if I'm not mistaken.. try to write the match and "live stream", you should find it! :win:

• Italy jus ost to Iran 3-0. Iran had good reception and managed also to defend and block well the italian attackers. Italy with some mistakes too much.
    Anyway... to me every on every iranian serve there was veil fault: all the other players were right in front of the server, in order to hide him! :whistle:

After beating Italy, Iran also beat Ukraine and Argentina to top the group. The top 8 teams in the next round are divided in 2 pools,
    pool E:
    Iran
    Poland
    Cuba
    China

pool F:
    Brazil
    Russia
    Canada
    Argentina

top 2 from each pool move on to semi finals:

I predict the top 4 to be Iran China Brazil Russia

• In pool E I think Iran and Poland are easily ahead in level to China and Cuba.

In pool F Canada will be the whipping boys, Russia will top, and then it's very close between Brazil and Argentina (at south american championship Arg won 3-1).

• The broadcast is terrible for this tournament. Would love a full court view and close up cam instead.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• 4th tie break in a row for Iran ! 8| 8| I think that loss to Cuba will be costly at the end. Poland is hard to beat for this tired Iran. maybe they qualify before the match (with Cub/Chn result) and use bench against Iran ?!

• Crazy all of Irans games except the first game which Iran beat italy 3-0 have gone to 5 sets, and now against Poland it goes to the 5th set again, so the semi finalists are Russia Brazil Poland and either Iran or Cuba depending on who wins the 5th set between Iran and Poland.

• So... in theory the final is supposed to be between Russia and Poland, right?

Really surprised with Argentina, they even lost to Canada today, finishing dead last in the group.

• So... in theory the final is supposed to be between Russia and Poland, right?

Really surprised with Argentina, they even lost to Canada today, finishing dead last in the group.

I didn't have many expectations for this generation. Yes, they reached final in u19 but it was at home and their strategy was just making fewer errors than the opponents at an age where the are lots of errors. In truth they have a HUGE physical disadvantage (no player above 200cm, not even the MBs!) and that disadvantage became more evident now in u21. Except for OH Martínez I don't see a big future for any of these players.

• Yes!
    Chinese U21 NT won the fifth set finally for the first time in this tournament.
    China 3-2 Canada [25-27,26-24,21-25,28-26,15-9]
    Two Asian teams, China and Iran will participate in the 5th place match.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Cuba is leading 2/1 against Russia and it is 8/3 for them in the fourth set :white:

ETA: Cuba won! :cheesy:

• And Cuba won, very deservedly :super:

Great to see, that Cuba is not giving up on Volleyball!

Again some amazingly physically talented guys in this team (Lopez, Gutierrez). I also think their setter did a pretty good job. Cuba's middles did not see too many balls but russian block could not handle the wingers at all. Overall, the russian team did not look very well prepared for this match. But again, big congrats to Cuban guys :thumbup:

• Great battle between Poland and brazil :box: :thumbup:

• Have to say Poland's setter is a little better than his Brazilian counterpart

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Felipe Roque reminds me a bit of Sidao and Evandro. :mirror:

#FreeBritney

• What a bomb from that Davy of Brasil on the left side. :white:

#FreeBritney

• Great adjustment from the Brazilian coach on the 23-23 mark. Using a right handed player to attack for Roque and bringing him back for the block on the right side after that point.

#FreeBritney