CEV U19 European Championship 2017 | Hungary & Slovakia

• Second round of qualification will start coming Friday:

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…tion.aspx?ID=971&PID=1510

In case someone is interested, the matches of the pool in Friedrichshafen will be streamed by http://sportdeutschland.tv/volleyball.

Schedule:
    13.01.: CRO-GER (17.00) & ITA-UKR (19.30)
    14.01.: GER-UKR (17.00) & CRO-ITA (19.30)
    15.01.: UKR-CRO (15.00) & GER-ITA (17.30)

• http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…779&PID=1510&type=LegList

Can't remember when I saw such monster performance in youth categories (since Andres Villena's 44 pts in FIVB Youth Championship finals against Serbia in 2011) :obey: 46 points (!) scored by German OPP Linus Weber against Italy is the best individual effort I've seen since following youth competitions. Out of 82 balls Weber killed 45 :cheesy: :obey: Unfortunately this wasn't enough for Germany to book ticket to Hungary and Slovakia this April. Stunning performance :obey:

Along Germany Serbia also didn't make it what is consenquence of weird qualification system. In pool H there were only 3 teams so rankings in all groups were determined after deducting points against last placed teams in other groups.

• http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…779&PID=1510&type=LegList

Can't remember when I saw such monster performance in youth categories (since Andres Villena's 44 pts in FIVB Youth Championship finals against Serbia in 2011) :obey: 46 points (!) scored by German OPP Linus Weber against Italy is the best individual effort I've seen since following youth competitions. Out of 82 balls Weber killed 45 :cheesy: :obey: Unfortunately this wasn't enough for Germany to book ticket to Hungary and Slovakia this April. Stunning performance :obey:

Along Germany Serbia also didn't make it what is consenquence of weird qualification system. In pool H there were only 3 teams so rankings in all groups were determined after deducting points against last placed teams in other groups.

German team missed ECH by overall 5 Ball points :wall: . Czech team got lucky, as their loss to last placed Latvia was not counted/deducted. Very cruel, as it also means no chance for WCH qualification.

Personally, I only watched the match against Ukraine and even though the opponent was not very strong, you could already see that Linus Weber is a real good prospect. And he proved my first impression in the match vs. Italy. It is reported that Vital Heynen was very impressed too.
    I hope the guys can bounce back towards U20 competitions. Generally i am convinced that the guys have the level to do well there.

• Yes, very cruel towards Germans but CEV is brilliant again. Don't know how they couldn't find 4th team for group in Austria. Bigger problem IMHO is that all the groups are adapted to one, which was really poor overall with Finland as only "serious" team. Austria was the last on MEVZA championship while Norway was 4th in NEVZA. They should expand number of teams on Finals to get bigger quality

• Final round draw:

Pool I (Gyor, Hungary)

Hungary
    Poland
    Italy
    Bulgaria
    Russia
    Belgium

Pool II (Puchov, Slovakia)

Slovakia
    Romania
    Turkey
    Finland
    France
    Czech Republic

• CEV is dominating again :obey: :aww:

Here we have a large discrepancy with the groups when it comes to quality :aww: in pool I u have EEVZA champion and vicechampion (Poland, Russia), WEVZA winner and 3rd placed team (Italy, Belgium), Bulgaria as Balkan vicechampion and Hungary as MEVZA champions. In pool II are Czechs (2nd in MEVZA) and Slovakia which was 5th on MEVZA championship, 3rd & 5th on Balkan championship (Turkey, Bulgaria), France was 5th on WEVZA while Finland didn't compete at all :rolll: This doesn't make sense at all ?(

For me this is outrageous :mad: Teams from pool II won't stand a chance in semifinals so I'm pretty sure the new champion will be from pool I :whistle:

• This should've gotten a Quarter finals format. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• An interesting first day of actions. Of course, as Kaziyski already said, most of the drama should theoretically be in the Hungarian pool in Gyor. Russia and Italy with 3-2 wins, but I would like to hope that Poland and especially Bulgaria's participation won't be over yet. I don't know this Belgian generation, so I am curious to see how far they can go.

• No close up cams? Boo, CEV. :down:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• After watching almost all matches I can say this generation (99/00) is doubly weaker than previous one (97/98) :whistle: I understand those r kids but I cannot believe teams having such big ups&downs :aww: F.e France barely won against Romania after having 2-1 and 20-15 in 4th, Russia trashed Italy which swept Poland etc. So far I'm suprised with Belgium, technically strong team with great reception (IMHO the best so far) but they are lacking height, Bulgarians are total disappointment, tragic level of tactical knowledge and discipline.

Pool in Gyor is waaay stronger as Puchov's one looks like some village tournament but in general really weak tournament, I was expecting much more. Maybe Russian generation with Poletaev and Pankow or Polish with Ziobrowski and Kwolek spoiled me a bit :)

• Watching France - Finland... tragic match, France is totally "wild" team, no tactical discipline at all which is really surprising to me because tactics always were one of their strongest points.. This is disastrous :aww: Finns are visibly limited team in all elements but managed to take a set..

• So France won't probably make it to the semifinals unless Romania pulls an upset or Czech wins only 2 match points.

#FreeBritney

• Finally close up cams. My prayers were finally heard! :obey:

#FreeBritney

• CEV is dominating again :obey: :aww:

Here we have a large discrepancy with the groups when it comes to quality :aww: in pool I u have EEVZA champion and vicechampion (Poland, Russia), WEVZA winner and 3rd placed team (Italy, Belgium), Bulgaria as Balkan vicechampion and Hungary as MEVZA champions. In pool II are Czechs (2nd in MEVZA) and Slovakia which was 5th on MEVZA championship, 3rd & 5th on Balkan championship (Turkey, Bulgaria), France was 5th on WEVZA while Finland didn't compete at all :rolll: This doesn't make sense at all ?(

For me this is outrageous :mad: Teams from pool II won't stand a chance in semifinals so I'm pretty sure the new champion will be from pool I :whistle:

I don't agree with you Kaziyski. Pools don't seem to be unbalanced at all! Runner up of Pool II Czech win over first team of pool II Russia at semis while France from Pool II won over Belgium from Pool I at 5-8 semis. On the other hand, winner of Pool II Turkey is leading 2-1 against Italy from Pool I. If they win the game the new champion will be for sure from Pool I :rolleyes:
    http://www.laola1.tv/de-de/liv…meisterschaft-maenner-lde

• It's easy to be wise after the event :whistle:

My estimation was based on teams standings on regional cham'ship. F.e. this sam Czechs were trashed by Hungary in MEVZA finals just 4 months ago.. Their win over Russia was a total fluke, Belgium - France 50-50 match

• I agree with you Kaziyski, I also read and heard that for Italy the 'teams to beat' where considered Russia and Poland among all, plus may be Bulgaria? (I don't remember the others beside Poland and Russia).

Ps I'm obviously glad Italy got the final also with the guys! But I'm obviously following the CL so I won't watch the match.