Men's Club World Championship 2017

• I think Juantorena shouted at Sander at 14-13 because of his reception.Sander wasn't happy despite victory. I don't know why but the team usually doesn't celebrate with him, even the points he won :whistle:
    Cebulj also didn't like Osmany but Kovar is ok. Maybe Kk15 will give more inside

• I follow some of the European leagues, so I was mostly looking forward to watching the non-European teams. Thanks to a Brazilian YouTube uploader, we have access to their league and Cruzeiro's matches. Which left us with Bolivar, Shanghai, and Sarmayeh as teams whose shape/game is relatively unknown.

https://www.youtube.com/channe…4d402E-pvTENePYw/featured

This channel streams, among other Argentinian sports, every single game of their volleyball league.

• I've seen Ren Qi and Shen Qiong play together on the national team together, and I know they aren't that old. Ren Qi as a libero may even have a longer "shelf life", but yes, injuries can put a damper on things. Are his injuries that bad? Maybe he just needs a long rest. I mean look at the two Serginhos of Sada and Corinthians...

That match between Sada and Lube, I had thought that Sada would at least even up, but they were made to look like kids. I just kept scratching my head seeing Leal and Simon struggle that badly.
    Lube got everything going right, it was just a pleasure to watch. Christenson looked just a bit over-eager on defense to me. He shanked the ball a couple of times after leaving his defense post to "meet" the ball. It looked very odd to me. Has he always played like this in Italy?

• Lyneel wanted to play the match but Shen Qiong refused him.

OH - Zhong Wei-jun is still that Zhong Wei-jun - not good reception, not bad spike and not good dig. Zhang Bing-long is "the younger Zhong Wei-jun". Even they could also play as an opposite hitter. Zhang Chen is the same as himself in the first match.

OP - Jiang Chuan is still bad and Wang Jing-yi still did his best.

MB - Gu Jia-feng is lack of experience. Of cource, the tournament is not from U-series though he just played U23 ACH this year as the member of Chinese team.

S - Despite no words to say, I prefer Liu Meng to Zhan Guo-jun now.

L - "Ren Qi, would you like to return Chinese senior men's NT for 2018 WCH? Still no one can replace you now." After all, he is the best libero of 2011 World Cup.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I've seen Ren Qi and Shen Qiong play together on the national team together, and I know they aren't that old. Ren Qi as a libero may even have a longer "shelf life", but yes, injuries can put a damper on things. Are his injuries that bad? Maybe he just needs a long rest. I mean look at the two Serginhos of Sada and Corinthians...

That match between Sada and Lube, I had thought that Sada would at least even up, but they were made to look like kids. I just kept scratching my head seeing Leal and Simon struggle that badly.
    Lube got everything going right, it was just a pleasure to watch. Christenson looked just a bit over-eager on defense to me. He shanked the ball a couple of times after leaving his defense post to "meet" the ball. It looked very odd to me. Has he always played like this in Italy?

Ren Qi has said that he will be retired after 2017 National Games in the former interview but because Tong Jia-hua and Zhi Jia-cheng are still not good both in Shanghai Golden Age and in Chinese men's NT, he has to continue his career in Season 17/18.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Unfortunate for Zaksa. They can't produce enough pressure through the serve to take away the second set.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Sada Cruzeiro looks weaker from the last edition. I'm not sure if that's smart. I just wish FIVB adjusted the schedule to prevent a scenario like that.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• This is the Sada I know. They're still shaky at some points, but it seems they've woken up.

Regarding Zenit, either way they're having strong opposition in the semis. Doesn't make a lot of sense to choose between Sada and Lube.

• https://www.youtube.com/channe…4d402E-pvTENePYw/featured

This channel streams, among other Argentinian sports, every single game of their volleyball league.

Thank you very much! I already knew about the channel. The only reason I rarely watch those games there is the lulling 1-camera stream. I literally can't stay focused for 2 whole sets. That's the only reason I considered Bolivar's form "less known" which should not be valid for other users, of course :)

If Sada wins today, I think Zenit will lose to Skra to avoid Sada Cruzerio

I thought the same, too! I even thought that while Zenit's bench were playing the friendly with Skra, the starters would be travelling by train to Krakow :D Not because Cruzeiro are unbeatable at the moment, but because of their recent history. I was sure Zenit would prefer a European opponent in the semifinal, but I am glad they didn't care. ZAKSA on Skra's place would've made for a perfect Saturday. Let's hope Skra will fight against Lube. However, no matter how choke-prone Lube are, they deserve one of the final spots.

By the way, if you watch Zenit TV's YouTube video after the match against Shanghai, you would hear Facundo Conte sarcastically complain in English about their coach's decision to bench the foreigners and the more experienced Chinese players against the Russians. I would not understand such a decision either. But we'd seen weird logic by Chinese coaches already...

• Congratuations to Shanghai Golden Age!
    OH - Facundo Conte and Julien Lyneel have paid the most attention to the match. It's enough though Bolivar is related to them both.
    OP - Jiang Chuan wasn't replaced by Wang Jing-yi for the third time at last. I hope in the future, he could become better. At least he can return the power like 2017 WL and 2018 Q of WCH.
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia and Rao Shu-han still have given some errors in the match. Of course, I hope Zhang Zhe-jia return Chinese men's NT and Rao Shu-han's block skill becomes stronger.
    S - Zhan Guo-jun needs to think of why he seemed much worse than Liu Meng. Liu Meng proves himself. Whether he will return NT depends on Raul Lozano.
    L - Although Ren Qi is older and older, no one could replace him.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Zenit Kazan-Sada Cruzeiro

Very interesting match. I think Zenit are the favorites if Filipe doesn't show up or if Isac's head is still in Brazil. It's still a question if Uriarte could run Sada as well as William but he's been pretty good after the Civitanova's demolishment.

For Zenit... It depends on their serve... Sada had a one hell of a night with Lube and Zaksa's serving strategies that could probably conditioned them for the semi-finals so anything less of Zenit Kazan's best service pressure could be an opportunity of Sada to counter attack and you know they will. They have been pretty weak on the serve in this tournament which is quite a problem for Alekno to deal with or maybe they didn't really focus so much on that considering the level of their group? I have no idea. We will see.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Evandro doesn't exist here. I think it'll be much better to use Rodriguinho as a receiving opposite to free up the cuban Leal at this point.

#FreeBritney