You are not logged in.

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male
  • "YavorD" started this thread

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Thursday, August 10th 2017, 2:10pm

2017 Men's South American Championship | Chile

Apart from getting the title for a South American champion, the winner (Brazil have won 30 out of 31 events so far) will qualify directly to the 2018 Men's World Championship.

Pool A

Brazil
Colombia
Venezuela
Paraguay

Pool B

Chile
Argentina
Uruguay
Peru

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Thursday, August 10th 2017, 2:18pm

I have to say that I haven't seen such a low level of a men's team in a while. The Paraguayan NT looks like a school team, no kidding here. My intention is not to mock them, not at all, I just haven't seen such a weak international or senior team even in the South American Club Championships (the ones with games I could watch) and I am curious if they have a league or a professional player. The opening set is especially troubling (25-4). Well, we've seen even far better NTs look ridiculous, not just against Brazil, so I am not going to make a fuss out of it. However, the Paraguayan libero rocks :thumbsup:

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Favourite Players: LLoy Ball, Pavel Zagumny, Nikola Grbic, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitry Muserskiy. Murillo Endres, Nikolay Pavlov, Luciano De Cecco

Thursday, August 10th 2017, 2:46pm

However, the Paraguayan libero rocks :thumbsup:
:super: :lol:
never mess with your setter......

B. Moreira

Professional

• "B. Moreira" is male

Favourite Team: Minas Tenis Clube, Novara, Pesaro,ACH Volley Bled, Germany NT, Netherlands NT, Poland NT, Korea NT, ...

Thursday, August 10th 2017, 3:10pm

Yes, the level here is not good at all :hit:

I watched yesterday Chile and Argentina and the game was funny but not high level.

Ramos as Opp is a joke. He cant score against a weak team like Chile. Argentina needs to find a solution to Opp position.

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Friday, August 11th 2017, 11:31am

Chile vs. Argentina, pool B

Venezuela vs. Brazil, pool A

Venezuela beat Argentina in the semifinals :|

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth; Fê Garay, Sheilla, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Friday, August 11th 2017, 5:30pm

So I've just read that Venezuela beat Argentina and can someone explain to me how the hell did that happen? :what:
Regardless of that, it's good for the tournament to have an upset like this. I wish Chile could produce some other quality players and be able to face the big teams as well.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth; Fê Garay, Sheilla, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Saturday, August 12th 2017, 4:09am

So Brazil wins, to no one's surprise. 3-0 and 25/21, 25/6 :!:, 25/18 against Venezuela.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game