You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male
  • "YavorD" started this thread

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Thursday, August 10th 2017, 2:10pm

2017 Men's South American Championship | Chile

Apart from getting the title for a South American champion, the winner (Brazil have won 30 out of 31 events so far) will qualify directly to the 2018 Men's World Championship.

Pool A

Brazil
Colombia
Venezuela
Paraguay

Pool B

Chile
Argentina
Uruguay
Peru

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Thursday, August 10th 2017, 2:18pm

I have to say that I haven't seen such a low level of a men's team in a while. The Paraguayan NT looks like a school team, no kidding here. My intention is not to mock them, not at all, I just haven't seen such a weak international or senior team even in the South American Club Championships (the ones with games I could watch) and I am curious if they have a league or a professional player. The opening set is especially troubling (25-4). Well, we've seen even far better NTs look ridiculous, not just against Brazil, so I am not going to make a fuss out of it. However, the Paraguayan libero rocks :thumbsup:

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Favourite Players: LLoy Ball, Pavel Zagumny, Nikola Grbic, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitry Muserskiy. Murillo Endres, Nikolay Pavlov, Luciano De Cecco

Thursday, August 10th 2017, 2:46pm

However, the Paraguayan libero rocks :thumbsup:
:super: :lol:
never mess with your setter......

B. Moreira

Professional

• "B. Moreira" is male

Favourite Team: Minas Tenis Clube, Novara, Pesaro,ACH Volley Bled, Germany NT, Netherlands NT, Poland NT, Korea NT, ...

Thursday, August 10th 2017, 3:10pm

Yes, the level here is not good at all :hit:

I watched yesterday Chile and Argentina and the game was funny but not high level.

Ramos as Opp is a joke. He cant score against a weak team like Chile. Argentina needs to find a solution to Opp position.

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male

Friday, August 11th 2017, 11:31am

Chile vs. Argentina, pool B

Venezuela vs. Brazil, pool A

Venezuela beat Argentina in the semifinals :|

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth; Fê Garay, Sheilla, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Friday, August 11th 2017, 5:30pm

So I've just read that Venezuela beat Argentina and can someone explain to me how the hell did that happen? :what:
Regardless of that, it's good for the tournament to have an upset like this. I wish Chile could produce some other quality players and be able to face the big teams as well.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth; Fê Garay, Sheilla, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Saturday, August 12th 2017, 4:09am

So Brazil wins, to no one's surprise. 3-0 and 25/21, 25/6 :!:, 25/18 against Venezuela.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game