2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• For me Randazzo can only spike, nothing more :whistle: Lanza is missed in this Italian team. Parodi is a better alternative I think

Randazzo can atleast have his first serve in and make it very hard to receive.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I think this is how I expected Brazil to perform yesterday. I'm surprised they managed to take it to a tie-break too, but it was definitely Italy's day in every element.

• Germany makes excellent sport kits. I wouldn't be embarrassed wearing one in public with that design.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I'm a bit sorry we lost the 4th set, but obviously pretty happy about how we played overall!!

If I have to point a bad thing, I would say too many direct errors in reception (I don't know the numbers, though), but when we did receive, imho we did good enough.
    Same for the serve: probably too many mistakes (again, I don't have the numbers), but on the other hand we did put a lot of pressure on Brazil reception, practically with everybody beside Anzani and Randazzo (who scored with an ace the second last point, though). Nelli 3 aces in a row in the third (in for Anzani)!
    I appreciated a lot the defense phase.

Zaytsev 32 points, Giannelli 8. One of them it's probably my MVP, but it's hard to point out a single player, it felt more like a team effort.

I have a question. "Cester" doesn't seem like a traditional Italian last name, I was wondering if Cester has non Italian parents? Thanks.

Not that I know of, but he is from north east, and they tend to have unusual surname there...

• I have a question. "Cester" doesn't seem like a traditional Italian last name, I was wondering if Cester has non Italian parents? Thanks.

Not that I know of, but he is from north east, and they tend to have unusual surname there...[/quote]
    Thanks. Cester seems really low key, and he's not on any social media. :wall: He's so cute, I'm dead.

• I agree about Hoag...but now Antiga must let him play every game so he can get his rhythm back instead of wasting time with Marshall.... and I would have Barnes over Derocco as well, he was not great in Russia but Russian teams are very physical, he certainly would have done better if he played in Italy for example.... I think Antiga will just be wasting his time by bringing these vets back. Last year he went with the younger guys and it paid off.

Gunther spend this past season on the bench as well but I think he`s doing well so far....it sucks Sharon Evans is injured.

• Yeah it is only for you....because Randazzo can do more than just spike....i think you just don`t like the Italian pretty boys :kiss: , u don`t like Zaytsev also... and u saying they need Lanza only cuz u don`t like Randazzo :lol:

For me Randazzo can only spike, nothing more :whistle: Lanza is missed in this Italian team. Parodi is a better alternative I think

• German wing spikers are so short.

Fromm,Malescha and Hirsch areb't that short.

#FreeBritney

• Dont even try to be Mrs. Knows it all. I was refering to the ones playing.

Well they are playing and Serbia's wing hitters aren't really tall.

#FreeBritney

• I don't think the bench changed Hoag. He was on his way down before he went to Trento and he actually played a lot for a player who accepted a bench role. It's probably something else bothering him like his father isn't coaching Canada anymore.

#FreeBritney

• Fromm,Malescha and Hirsch areb't that short.

I dont like Fromm a lot. He is good in atack sometimes but i dont trust him. His reception is not good at all. I would prefer to play with the youngest OH than Fromm, specialy because Giani knows what he can do.

And why Giani did not try to chance setter sometimes :?: Or even change both setter and Opp would be good.