2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• I blame previous coaches for this, they used to play with the same group of players for 7-8 years. which exhausted them physically and mentally. I see this year Kolakovic started to add new players to the team, he also has Manavinejad to replace Ghaemi/Mirza in the starting lineup who got injured in his flight from Italy to Iran (according to himself)

I think they should start Manavinejad over Ghaemi/Mirza, I think he might already be better

• That was a very good analyze, more or less I agree with you. I have to add for some players specially Mousavi the biggest problem is lack of motivation, they used to fight for every point. they won everything in Asia, they played at the Olympics and had some good results in World Championships, they probably think getting better results is impossible and that's why they are not that motivated.

Gholami was out last year for disciplinary reasons, Kolakovic invited him this year , but he said no thanks I don't want to play for the NT. same as Mahmoudi, who is not officially retired from the NT But I doubt we will see him again playing for the NT. but yeah I also think we don't miss Gholami, but Mahmoudi is a different story specially because Ghafour is getting weaker and slower. there are two other OPs in Iran's list for the Nations League, both of them 19 years old but talented. I wonder when Kolakovic will start using them. after all I think Iran will lose the next 9 matches away from home.

I blame previous coaches for this, they used to play with the same group of players for 7-8 years. which exhausted them physically and mentally. I see this year Kolakovic started to add new players to the team, he also has Manavinejad to replace Ghaemi/Mirza in the starting lineup who got injured in his flight from Italy to Iran :lol: (according to himself)

Who's injured?

Has Mahmoudi ever taken any coaching role at NT last or this year? Yes, I agree that it'd be good for NT if Mahmoudi stays. His style is different from Ghafour. To me Ghafour it's all about power, but Mahmoudi's play is a fix of technique, power and wisdom.

• Who's injured?

Has Mahmoudi ever taken any coaching role at NT last or this year? Yes, I agree that it'd be good for NT if Mahmoudi stays. His style is different from Ghafour. To me Ghafour it's all about power, but Mahmoudi's play is a fix of technique, power and wisdom.

Manavinejad. he will probably miss the whole league , maybe except the last weekend in Tehran.

Mahmoudi is not retired as a player to be a coach, he is still 29 and still playing in the league and was a part of Sarmayeh Club in World Club Champs. he is just not interested to play for the national team. lack of motivation, old injuries, marriage etc. :(

• Manavinejad. he will probably miss the whole league , maybe except the last weekend in Tehran.

Mahmoudi is not retired as a player to be a coach, he is still 29 and still playing in the league and was a part of Sarmayeh Club in World Club Champs. he is just not interested to play for the national team. lack of motivation, old injuries, marriage etc. :(

Pity that Mahmoudi retired from NT before 30.

Is there a short form of Manavinejad? He indeed should have been brought to Rio in 2016, replacing one of Gaemi / Zarini.

• Brazilians are in for a treat as USA brings in the big guns. Anderson, Russell and Christenson will debut today vs JPN. Sander flew back here for personal reasons.

FRA though rests its superstars Ngapeth, Grebennikov and Toniutti.

• Brazilians are in for a treat as USA brings in the big guns. Anderson, Russell and Christenson will debut today vs JPN. Sander flew back here for personal reasons.

FRA though rests its superstars Ngapeth, Grebennikov and Toniutti.

BRA-USA is always a big classic, so I'm glad they brought the main squad. I'm sure the fans in the arena will appreciate it too.

• BRA-USA is always a big classic, so I'm glad they brought the main squad. I'm sure the fans in the arena will appreciate it too.

I am glad as well as this leg is quite predictable. Though CHN is seeing potential in years to come, KOR is not there yet. Great gesture indeed from the Americans I must say. BRAvUSA fight will surely delight Brazilian fans.

• Russia is using a two libero system for reception and defense with Kabeshov and Sokolov. Martynuk from last week had an injury. I don't know the nature and location but it must have been severe enough to miss this week's VNL.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Heynen is UNBELIEVABLE lmaooo
    Stopping the game at 24-20 for Poland and the only thing he says during the time-out is "I just promised to make the game slower, just go on and play" :lol:

• Kurek is still not at his 2012 peak but he is atleast better tonight than before when he played like a corpse in 2017. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Poland usually produces good middle blockers but Kochanowski is a complete MB for someone so young. The only thing going against him is his height but it's not really a hindrance for him so far.

#FreeBritney

• That was a great rally from USA-Japan during 2-2 point.

#FreeBritney

• I really like setter Arshdeep Dosanjh for Australia, surprisingly agile for someone with his height and good hands. They should go with him over Peacock

• USA's serving errors are funny.

Japan is serving pretty well considering USA have Anderson as a receiving opposite.

De Falco is having a problem with Japanese block and the middle blockers aren't killing the ball even with good passes. Anderson and Christenson aren't in sync yet and japanese servers are taking Russell out of the pipe.

#FreeBritney