2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Yep, I'm willing to bet any amount of money that France will play in the Final Six :rolll:

Well if they are hosting it then :lol: Maybe Poland have good chances too based on their past games.

• Brazil seem to have their work cut out in developing Isac... His lateral blocking movement doesn't seem to have improved much.. he is still rather slow compared to most middle players (along with Eder to be honest..). His attacking , even though he has a high contact, still seems very laboured. Does anyone know where Octavio is?

Otávio is gonna join the team next week (Éder will rest).
    And I agree about Isac, but that's the issue we have with good blocking MBs - there simply isn't any. The days of André Heller and Gustavo are long gone, unfortunately. All our MBs are great attackers and good servers (diggers too for the most part), but when it comes to blocking...

• LOL. I can't even... I had so much fun watching Bulgaria - Serbia game. I think I didn't have such a fun watching volleyball for a while :D :D Dunno if the dj in the hall tried to break some record in the number of played songs and be sure to the end of his career that no one's gonna break it, holy shit. :rolll: Secondly, I had zero focus every time Luburic was showed by cameraman because of his ridiculously shortened shorts, I mean kur*a what was he doing :rolll: and when cameras showed Luburic and in the same time dj played "CAN'T TOUCH THIS" I was officially finished :rolll: Thirdly both teams played just poor and it was just a matter of time who will turn out to be more poor. But because I'm outstanding optimist I truly believed Bulgarians are gonna take it, especially that they showed some moves in defense tonight that I honestly didn't expect from them for a long time already. The way of celebrating every point was just cute, even polish commentators noticed and admired :D and then there came this amazing finish by Valio "one-man-show" Bratoev :D when I at first was shocked and seconds later excited that he managed to score one important point, he gave 3 free points in a row to Serbs :thumbsup: bravo!

• Ahahaha I love when a team pulls an upset with right strategy. They killed Juantorena with float serve.

Blengini's strategies are very questionable , he is forcing players who played whole club season till the end. I think an injury is on the way.
    Italy needs 'that player' top guns will respect when things aren't going well. Blengini was afraid to lose Juantorena's respect and didn't take him out although he deserved.
    Zaytsev's attitude typically changes when things aren't going well.
    It is so obvious Colaci can't be this player ( he was the backup libero of the team, when Juantorena was leading to Trentino to glories, you can't expect him to follow his leadership)
    And Blengini is not that person.

• I'm a fan of Giannelli but that was the worst game he ever had.

No confidence at all to Zaytsev. I wish Zaytsev made a braver face because I think the block getting to him started to get in Giannelli even worse than it had on him. He lost the feel of the ball for sometime in the first two sets because of Giannelli's sets to 4 and the middle... with the opposite absent, the pipe and the outside that work at first started losing efficacy in kills.

Granted the reception wasn't good which is something to blame on Blengini for insisting on Parodi instead of doing a kamikaze move with Randazzo because the reception was gone anyway... Why not just go all out in raw power? :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• #16 of Canada who substituted Gunter was impressive especially with the serve. The moment he entered the match, Canada was a different team.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Kinda crazy that Argentina is playing with like, their fourth setter.
    Even weirder to see how Poglajen really developed enough to be a starter in the NT. Never thought he'd get there for some reason, but he's really became a super solid player.