2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• There was some nice gesture when the players from both team were talking to each other on the net while waiting for the reff's decision and when Wallace crossed the net to say sorry to Micah. I agree. Lipe is so fucking annoying. I thought he was supposed to retire after Rio.

He was, and I was so glad. lol Sadly Renan decided to call him back given Lucarelli's injury. At least he won't be in Russia...

• He was, and I was so glad. lol Sadly Renan decided to call him back given Lucarelli's injury. At least he won't be in Russia...

gosh I miss Lucarelli. that man is all about playing volleyball and nothing else. he is always the voice of reason, the calm one on the team.

one team i don't get is why are the other players even allowed to complain to the reff? i thought only the captain is allowed to talk to the reff? if i were the reff i would send out yellow card all over them. USA seems to be going with the flow. i guess they know how hot headed these brazillians can be. although russel with his street kid attitude can be off putting sometimes.

• Recap of the second weekend is here . Seems like Canada and Italy both had a reversal of fortunes. Fun weekend overall though, can't wait for the next. :dance6:

My thoughts on the second weekend of the 2018 nations league...

Winner of the weekend: Canada

Loser of the Weekend: Italy

Best Player: TJ Sanders

Breakout Player: Jiang Chuan

Best Game: Brazil vs. USA

• For Week 3, I expect Russia to win their home matches versus Iran & China, and Brazil could be a close game but with the return of Mikhaylov and Volvich, plus home advantage they have an edge.

I wonder if the Russian coach will ever use Poletaev this tournament this would have been the perfect chance playing at home soil :wavy:

• Italy seems w/o Zaytsev in Japan games.

Just saw his story at Instagram, tagged at Albos Club Fregene while others landed to Osaka .
    Interested if Juantorena is in the squad as well.

Does someone know more about it ?

• Italy seems w/o Zaytsev in Japan games.

Just saw his story at Instagram, tagged at Albos Club Fregene while others landed to Osaka .
    Interested if Juantorena is in the squad as well.

Does someone know more about it ?

2 weeks of rest.

• Must not be doing well if he can't play at home :gone:

I think so :gone: :gone:

No Ishiikawa? What happened to him? Any Japanese volleyball fan can explain?

He has a chronic pain (Sorry, I'm not sure it's an apporopriate word) in his knees and back.
    I haven't ever seen such a fragile player :aww:

• 1 - TJ Sanders, London, ON (setter)
    4 - Nicholas Hoag, Sherbrooke, QC (outside hitter)
    5 - Lucas Van Berkel, Edmonton, AB (middle blocker)
    7 - Stephen Maar, Aurora, ON (outside hitter)
    8 - Jay Blankenau, Sherwood Park, AB (setter)
    9 - Jason DeRocco, Winnipeg, MB (outside hitter)
    12 - Gavin Schmitt, Saskatoon, SK (opposite)
    13 - Ryley Barnes, Edmonton, AB (outside hitter)
    15 - Bryan Duquette, St. Thomas, ON (libero)
    16 - Ryan Sclater, Port Coquitlam, BC (opposite)
    17 - Graham Vigrass, Calgary, AB (middle blocker)
    18 - Bradley Gunter, Comox, BC (opposite)
    19 - Blair Bann, Edmonton, AB (libero)
    20 - Arthur Szwarc, Toronto, ON (middle blocker)

Canada play only 3 Middles this coming week.
    Gavin comes back! My sweet boy Ryley and Jay also back to the roster. Vandoorn, Marshall and walsh out.

• Canada play only 3 Middles this coming week.
    Gavin comes back! My sweet boy Ryley and Jay also back to the roster. Vandoorn, Marshall and walsh out.

Good to see Gavin back! and ryley too of course. Still no Perrin though eh

• Perrin has back injury. I dont think we will see him this year in VNL and as for Gavin, I dont think he has even practiced with the team?

Still no Olympian Justin Duff.

As far as I know, Perrin is ready to play and in Ottawa, so not sure why he isn't on this week's roster (edit: nvm I was wrong he is injured still). And Duff probably isn't even our 5th best middle right now, doubt he will play at all for Canada this summer.

• I didn't know Antonov had an injury. It might've been during the Canada match. I thought he had a bad game at first but the stats say he have done okay besides the reception.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• http://www.volley.ru/news/17908/ => According to this, it seems Poletaev is nursing an injury at the moment but he hopes Mikhaylov, Volvich, and Poletaev can join in the future. Maybe if they qualify to Final 6?

I hope the coach knows Poletaev will not have much playing time if Mikhaylov returns to the team :whistle: In my opinion, Mikhaylov can skip VNL altogether so as Russia do not play all their cards.