You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bahkawdi

Trainee

Favourite Team: Canadian NT, MIlano

Favourite Players: Trevor Clevenot, Sharone Vernon-Evans, Luke Perry

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 7:39pm

Perrin has back injury. I dont think we will see him this year in VNL and as for Gavin, I dont think he has even practiced with the team?

Still no Olympian Justin Duff.
As far as I know, Perrin is ready to play and in Ottawa, so not sure why he isn't on this week's roster (edit: nvm I was wrong he is injured still). And Duff probably isn't even our 5th best middle right now, doubt he will play at all for Canada this summer.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bahkawdi" (Jun 7th 2018, 8:44pm)

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Friday, June 8th 2018, 12:18am

I didn't know Antonov had an injury. It might've been during the Canada match. I thought he had a bad game at first but the stats say he have done okay besides the reception.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Team: Russian NT, Serbia NT

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Friday, June 8th 2018, 4:23am

http://www.volley.ru/news/17908/ => According to this, it seems Poletaev is nursing an injury at the moment but he hopes Mikhaylov, Volvich, and Poletaev can join in the future. Maybe if they qualify to Final 6?

I hope the coach knows Poletaev will not have much playing time if Mikhaylov returns to the team :whistle: In my opinion, Mikhaylov can skip VNL altogether so as Russia do not play all their cards.

Friday, June 8th 2018, 5:18am

No Ishiikawa and Poletaev. Hmm.

Friday, June 8th 2018, 9:24am

I like this Italia team without their super stars like the World Grand Champion Cup last year.

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Friday, June 8th 2018, 10:52am

All those errors from Lanza in 4th set alone. :white:

Nelli is making a great impression. Defense just needs to improve. Kk15 will be glad of this. :wavy:
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rains" (Jun 8th 2018, 11:02am)

ryleybarnes

Intermediate

Friday, June 8th 2018, 11:13am

It occurs to me that Heynen must be the most annoying coach ever on men side.

Agguerro

Intermediate

• "Agguerro" is male

Favourite Team: Sada Cruzeiro, Brazil NT (M and F), China F team (2004-2008), Italy F team (2007), Chinese W team (current)

Favourite Players: Lucarelli, Cuban women's team 2000, Montano, Jacqueline, Fe Garay, Thaisa, Sheila, Fabiana, Logan Tom, Musavi, Sokolov, Fecundo Conte, Ngapeth, Del Core, Zhou Suhong, Anderson

Friday, June 8th 2018, 11:14am

It occurs to me that Heynen must be the most annoying coach on men side.

I agree with you a 100000% . CANNOT STAND THAT GUY!

Friday, June 8th 2018, 11:20am

Poland ready for Nelli's attack. Parodi and Lanza are just not threatening enough to bait the block.

These polish OHs are better than italians. Even Bednorz look amazing for his short time in the court. Maybe Randazzo could've use the playing time instead of Lanza and all his bombing errors? Blengini confused me with his choices. Atleast Nelli made an impression. Mazzone also was great.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rains" (Jun 8th 2018, 11:26am)

ryleybarnes

Intermediate

Friday, June 8th 2018, 11:24am

How bad luck I brought to Italian team. This might​ have been the first time I was rooting for them. And they lost. ;(

Friday, June 8th 2018, 11:30am

Lanza took almost the receiption. Everytime Polish change the target to Randazo or Parodi, it would be the mistake. Italia got 6 blocks while Polish finished with 15.

Friday, June 8th 2018, 11:38am

Lanza took almost the receiption. Everytime Polish change the target to Randazo or Parodi, it would be the mistake. Italia got 6 blocks while Polish finished with 15.

He still made a lot of mistakes in reception. He's the worst player in the field. Randazzo should atleast have errors in reception but less in attack. Lanza's mistakes are everywhere from serve to attack to pass. :white:

Yokamoz

The Alpha Male

• "Yokamoz" is male

About me: The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Favourite Team: Iran / Peykan

Favourite Players: saeed maroof

Friday, June 8th 2018, 2:57pm

Iran finally for the first time this competition played to our level as the kings of Asia an easy 3-0 win against china last set 25-15.

mosi

Intermediate

• "mosi" is male

Favourite Team: Iran NT, Italy NT, Japan NT, Bulgaria NT

Favourite Players: Alessandro Fei

Friday, June 8th 2018, 3:06pm

I heard a lot about this Chinese team with Lozano but they were toothless today ?( Their reception was terrible on Iran's not-so-strong serves.

I think Iran played OK today, but hard to judge when you face a very weak team. I'm sure China can play much better than this.
next 5 matches will be very hard for Iran, (traveling to USA itself will be very tough) I will be happy with even one win in next 5 matches.

tomen

Master

• "tomen" is male

Favourite Team: Chinese NT (W/M) Russian NT (M/W) Italian NT (W/M) Polish NT (M/W)

Favourite Players: Manon Flier, Zhu Ting, Jiang Chuan

Friday, June 8th 2018, 3:17pm

I heard a lot about this Chinese team with Lozano but they were toothless today ?( Their reception was terrible on Iran's not-so-strong serves.

I think Iran played OK today, but hard to judge when you face a very weak team. I'm sure China can play much better than this.
next 5 matches will be very hard for Iran, (traveling to USA itself will be very tough) I will be happy with even one win in next 5 matches.

The libero is much worse than Tong Jia-hua [No.16]. It is said that Liu Li-bin might not take part in these three matches in Russia. I have no words to say about Zhang Chen. Mao Tian-yi returned NT not long ago. Is Jiang Chuan too tired? Of course, they are all excuses.

PS: Tang Chuan-hang, the substitute OP, has arrived in Russia but the time is too late. Therefore, he only has to join the team in Week 4 in South Korea.
My favourite roster of Chinese
male NT:
S - Li Run-ming, Zhan Guo-jun
OP - Dai Qing-yao, Jiang Chuan
OH - Ji Dao-shuai, Xia Run-tao, Liu Li-bin, Zhang Chen
MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Chen Long-hai, Geng Xin
L - Ren Qi

female NT:
S - Ding Xia, Yao Di
OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zhang Chang-ning
OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Zhu Ting, Liu Xiao-tong, Li Jing
MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Xu Yun-li
L - Lin Li

My avatar is Jiang Chuan. I hope more persons love him.

Bahkawdi

Trainee

Favourite Team: Canadian NT, MIlano

Favourite Players: Trevor Clevenot, Sharone Vernon-Evans, Luke Perry

Friday, June 8th 2018, 3:55pm

The libero is much worse than Tong Jia-hua [No.16]. It is said that Liu Li-bin might not take part in these three matches in Russia. I have no words to say about Zhang Chen. Mao Tian-yi returned NT not long ago. Is Jiang Chuan too tired? Of course, they are all excuses.
Jiang Chuan is amazing but you can't expect him to score 30 points every game.

ryleybarnes

Intermediate

Friday, June 8th 2018, 4:11pm

When China have the best hitter in their history but the others are just useless. Passing is a problem and defense​ is a disaster.

Friday, June 8th 2018, 4:20pm

Douglas Souza in instead of Lipe. THANK GOD.

ryleybarnes

Intermediate

Friday, June 8th 2018, 4:37pm

Wallace can be the best player in the world and sometimes he can be such errore-prone.

Friday, June 8th 2018, 4:46pm

Wallace can be the best player in the world and sometimes he can be such errore-prone.
his one step approach, incredible jum peight, and powerful hit always amazes me.

Social bookmarks