2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• I have faith in Douglas too! He had a terrible season last year and it was painful to watch, but I still like him.
    Brazil actually has quite a few younger OH with lots of potential, which is surprising. I'm still waiting for Rodriguinho's time to shine too.
    Isac has grown a lot. imo he just needs to work on his blocking and his connection with Bruno - he plays beautifully with William as we've seen against USA.
    Murilo shouldn't have been called, but we all know he's gonna be in WCH and perhaps even in Tokyo. Thales is better than both him and Brendle these days.

yes, last season was painful to watch. i don't know what happened to him. but i am glad he is back on his track. he will be a very good counter part for Lucarelli. please no more Lipe.

i just started to watch men's club level volleyball and not really familiar yet with most of the players but as far as i can see brazil indeed has lots of talent in volleyball so i think they should invest more on young players. coach ze roberto made a huge mistake with the women team and it showed in Rio 2016. hopefully both the men and women team learn from that.

i haet the fact that murilo is there simply because of sentimental value. the fallen former captain who made a come back. the same thing with serginho last year. brazil would have won the olympic gold medal even without serginho imo. thales is definitely in for Tokyo 2020 and hopefully Brendle steps up his game.

Murilo and Jacqueline will be the first official OH turn liberos power couple in volleyball soon.

• Cavanna killed Argentina in the end... :aww:

i just started to watch men's club level volleyball and not really familiar yet with most of the players but as far as i can see brazil indeed has lots of talent in volleyball so i think they should invest more on young players. coach ze roberto made a huge mistake with the women team and it showed in Rio 2016. hopefully both the men and women team learn from that.

Yeah, agreed. There's tons of players that can be tested in the NT and I'm actually enjoying how Renan is rotating the team for the most part. Not having Lucarelli available helps too.

i haet the fact that murilo is there simply because of sentimental value. the fallen former captain who made a come back. the same thing with serginho last year. brazil would have won the olympic gold medal even without serginho imo. thales is definitely in for Tokyo 2020 and hopefully Brendle steps up his game.

I think Serginho was there mostly as a leader, like the glue that held the team together. I think he was key for the win in Rio.

• Serbia wins.

I thought it should have been 3-0 but Grbic have to rest Ivovic in some form. Neither Katic and Kovacevic are good enough to hold the team together yet that makes it impossible for Ivovic not to play in a single day.

Kovacevic and Jovovic are now creating some connection so it's expected to see Ivovic on the bench for the South Korea match... I hope. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• Vlasov out please.

I wonder what's wrong with him he played better last year. When Vlasov is in the front row, Russia has a gaping hole in the center because he is at the wrong position or late when going up for the block, makes silly mistakes in attack, I think Rains is right he is the male version of Efimova in Russian NT. I think he is one of the coach's favorite as he was part of that youth team that the Russian coach managed in the past. In my opinion, Kurkaev would have fared much better and I hope Kurkaev will get called by the coach for WCH.

• I wonder what's wrong with him he played better last year. When Vlasov is in the front row, Russia has a gaping hole in the center because he is at the wrong position or late when going up for the block, makes silly mistakes in attack, I think Rains is right he is the male version of Efimova in Russian NT. I think he is one of the coach's favorite as he was part of that youth team that the Russian coach managed in the past. In my opinion, Kurkaev would have fared much better and I hope Kurkaev will get called by the coach for WCH.

Is there any player better than Vlasov as the 4th MB?

1. Muserskiy
    2. Volvich
    3. Kurkaev

Filippov with the most skills but is smaller in stature. Vlasov is a giant but a weak server. I am not sure of the others but that's how it boils down in this roster.

Vlasov used to be better than Fillipov but the injuries could have affected him. I think the coach just wanted him to find his form again but while it's not critical to their losses... Vlasov isn't justifying his case with his performance.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Solid line-up for Germany today. Zimmermann seems good, as well as Sossenheimer. Reichert is playing a really good tournament too.

Krick is a cutie. :whistle:

• USA doesn't look remotely confident with this lineup at all.

#FreeBritney

• What a beating. :white: I've never seen a team take so many aces from float serves like USA did today.

Germany played incredibly well. I liked everyone on court today, especially Krick and Sossenheimer. Zimmermann really managed to read the game better after a time out where Giani told him to use Krick more.