You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Friday, June 8th 2018, 6:34pm

Good win for Brazil, I was skeptical they could do it. I'm really happy to have seen Douglas on court, and he actually delivered! Weird timing for his attack to return to form, right against Russia out of all teams.

Great to see Isac solidifying his status as a starter too (bye, M. Souza!). Thales also outclassed Murilo into oblivion. It's obvious who should be playing.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Friday, June 8th 2018, 6:39pm

Good win for Brazil, I was skeptical they could do it. I'm really happy to have seen Douglas on court, and he actually delivered! Weird timing for his attack to return to form, right against Russia out of all teams.

Great to see Isac solidifying his status as a starter too (bye, M. Souza!). Thales also outclassed Murilo into oblivion. It's obvious who should be playing.
I always have faith in Douglas since I first watch him play in 2014/15. He is not like the other Brazilian OH, his approach is a little bit different. But since he is a little bit skinny/lighter than all the other OH, he makes it work.

Isaac is a huge potential, I wish he will improve his lateral movements and his approach to attacking. It is time to put younger players to play full time.

And please, I don't know about Murilo but I believe he doesn't deserve to be there. Brazil already have 2 great liberos.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Friday, June 8th 2018, 6:44pm

I always have faith in Douglas since I first watch him play in 2014/15. He is not like the other Brazilian OH, his approach is a little bit different. But since he is a little bit skinny/lighter than all the other OH, he makes it work.

Isaac is a huge potential, I wish he will improve his lateral movements and his approach to attacking. It is time to put younger players to play full time.

And please, I don't know about Murilo but I believe he doesn't deserve to be there. Brazil already have 2 great liberos.

I have faith in Douglas too! He had a terrible season last year and it was painful to watch, but I still like him.
Brazil actually has quite a few younger OH with lots of potential, which is surprising. I'm still waiting for Rodriguinho's time to shine too.
Isac has grown a lot. imo he just needs to work on his blocking and his connection with Bruno - he plays beautifully with William as we've seen against USA.
Murilo shouldn't have been called, but we all know he's gonna be in WCH and perhaps even in Tokyo. Thales is better than both him and Brendle these days.

Friday, June 8th 2018, 6:50pm

I have faith in Douglas too! He had a terrible season last year and it was painful to watch, but I still like him.
Brazil actually has quite a few younger OH with lots of potential, which is surprising. I'm still waiting for Rodriguinho's time to shine too.
Isac has grown a lot. imo he just needs to work on his blocking and his connection with Bruno - he plays beautifully with William as we've seen against USA.
Murilo shouldn't have been called, but we all know he's gonna be in WCH and perhaps even in Tokyo. Thales is better than both him and Brendle these days.
yes, last season was painful to watch. i don't know what happened to him. but i am glad he is back on his track. he will be a very good counter part for Lucarelli. please no more Lipe.

i just started to watch men's club level volleyball and not really familiar yet with most of the players but as far as i can see brazil indeed has lots of talent in volleyball so i think they should invest more on young players. coach ze roberto made a huge mistake with the women team and it showed in Rio 2016. hopefully both the men and women team learn from that.

i haet the fact that murilo is there simply because of sentimental value. the fallen former captain who made a come back. the same thing with serginho last year. brazil would have won the olympic gold medal even without serginho imo. thales is definitely in for Tokyo 2020 and hopefully Brendle steps up his game.

Murilo and Jacqueline will be the first official OH turn liberos power couple in volleyball soon.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Friday, June 8th 2018, 7:02pm

Cavanna killed Argentina in the end... :aww:
i just started to watch men's club level volleyball and not really familiar yet with most of the players but as far as i can see brazil indeed has lots of talent in volleyball so i think they should invest more on young players. coach ze roberto made a huge mistake with the women team and it showed in Rio 2016. hopefully both the men and women team learn from that.
Yeah, agreed. There's tons of players that can be tested in the NT and I'm actually enjoying how Renan is rotating the team for the most part. Not having Lucarelli available helps too.
i haet the fact that murilo is there simply because of sentimental value. the fallen former captain who made a come back. the same thing with serginho last year. brazil would have won the olympic gold medal even without serginho imo. thales is definitely in for Tokyo 2020 and hopefully Brendle steps up his game.
I think Serginho was there mostly as a leader, like the glue that held the team together. I think he was key for the win in Rio.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "saishuu" (Jun 8th 2018, 10:30pm)

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Friday, June 8th 2018, 7:08pm

Serbia wins.

I thought it should have been 3-0 but Grbic have to rest Ivovic in some form. Neither Katic and Kovacevic are good enough to hold the team together yet that makes it impossible for Ivovic not to play in a single day.

Kovacevic and Jovovic are now creating some connection so it's expected to see Ivovic on the bench for the South Korea match... I hope. :gone:
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rains" (Jun 8th 2018, 7:58pm)

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Team: Russian NT, Serbia NT

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Friday, June 8th 2018, 7:36pm

Vlasov out please.
I wonder what's wrong with him he played better last year. When Vlasov is in the front row, Russia has a gaping hole in the center because he is at the wrong position or late when going up for the block, makes silly mistakes in attack, I think Rains is right he is the male version of Efimova in Russian NT. I think he is one of the coach's favorite as he was part of that youth team that the Russian coach managed in the past. In my opinion, Kurkaev would have fared much better and I hope Kurkaev will get called by the coach for WCH.

Bahkawdi

Trainee

Favourite Team: Canadian NT, MIlano

Favourite Players: Trevor Clevenot, Sharone Vernon-Evans, Luke Perry

Friday, June 8th 2018, 8:00pm

The only other match I see being interesting today is Germany vs USA

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Friday, June 8th 2018, 8:10pm

The only other match I see being interesting today is Germany vs USA

Yeah, today's kind of a slow day. Next two days shall be better though.

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Friday, June 8th 2018, 8:36pm

Vlasov out please.
I wonder what's wrong with him he played better last year. When Vlasov is in the front row, Russia has a gaping hole in the center because he is at the wrong position or late when going up for the block, makes silly mistakes in attack, I think Rains is right he is the male version of Efimova in Russian NT. I think he is one of the coach's favorite as he was part of that youth team that the Russian coach managed in the past. In my opinion, Kurkaev would have fared much better and I hope Kurkaev will get called by the coach for WCH.

Is there any player better than Vlasov as the 4th MB?

1. Muserskiy
2. Volvich
3. Kurkaev

Filippov with the most skills but is smaller in stature. Vlasov is a giant but a weak server. I am not sure of the others but that's how it boils down in this roster.

Vlasov used to be better than Fillipov but the injuries could have affected him. I think the coach just wanted him to find his form again but while it's not critical to their losses... Vlasov isn't justifying his case with his performance.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

ryleybarnes

Intermediate

Friday, June 8th 2018, 10:01pm

A hall is half empty in France even in a small gym.. And they will play in a football arena. :wall:

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Friday, June 8th 2018, 11:29pm

Solid line-up for Germany today. Zimmermann seems good, as well as Sossenheimer. Reichert is playing a really good tournament too.

Krick is a cutie. :whistle:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "saishuu" (Jun 9th 2018, 12:31am)

B. Moreira

Professional

• "B. Moreira" is male

Favourite Team: Minas Tenis Clube, Novara, Pesaro,ACH Volley Bled, Germany NT, Netherlands NT, Poland NT, Korea NT, ...

Friday, June 8th 2018, 11:42pm

Germany 2x0.

Germany is playing really well, everbody is having a good day.

Friday, June 8th 2018, 11:46pm

USA doesn't look remotely confident with this lineup at all.

ryleybarnes

Intermediate

Friday, June 8th 2018, 11:50pm

Oh please. I dont want the USA to play so well against​ Canana but if they lose thhis match, they will surely be more motivated. :aww:

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Patch is a mess today. 4 balls received, 2 blocked, 2 out. :gone:

B. Moreira

Professional

• "B. Moreira" is male

Favourite Team: Minas Tenis Clube, Novara, Pesaro,ACH Volley Bled, Germany NT, Netherlands NT, Poland NT, Korea NT, ...

USA cant receive well. Russel and the other OH is having so much difficult to receive german service.

ryleybarnes

Intermediate

Friday, June 8th 2018, 11:54pm

German are so well-prepared. I like the directness giving by Gianni to the boys. They know what to do.

ryleybarnes

Intermediate

Friday, June 8th 2018, 11:56pm

Patch finally scored! :drink:

ryleybarnes

Intermediate

Saturday, June 9th 2018, 12:11am

After beating Poland, German are confident. I still dont know what happened to the USA.

Social bookmarks