2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• VNL is a wrap for Italy. I hope nothing bad happened to Giannelli. I couldn't disagree with Scarpetta when you said someone is close to an injury during this tournament and you were right.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I think Japan made a big mistake on introducing Nishida to the world this early. They could have made a splash in the world championship and no one will have an idea how to stop him. From what I see he should have some scouts working on figuring him out every day.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I think Japan made a big mistake on introducing Nishida to the world this early. They could have made a splash in the world championship and no one will have an idea how to stop him. From what I see he should have some scouts working on figuring him out every day.

True in a way, but playing now will give him vast of experience playing with the big guns and gives him some confidence he needs come world championships, and this could really help the team more.

• True in a way, but playing now will give him vast of experience playing with the big guns and gives him some confidence he needs come world championships, and this could really help the team more.

It could be double blade in principle.

He's dependent on the setter and it's possible he could lose his confidence if they figure out his style but I could be wrong too. I guess we will have to see what happens when Ishikawa returns to the team.

#FreeBritney

• True in a way, but playing now will give him vast of experience playing with the big guns and gives him some confidence he needs come world championships, and this could really help the team more.

Nishida had almost zero internatinal experience even at under-category level.
    His only international experience was 2017 Boys' U18 Asian Championship, but he was second Opposite and mostly used as a relief server.
    Then he was cut from the roster of 2017 Boys' U19 World Championship, which Japanese youth team won bronze medal.
    (He said this cut from roster changed his life and he decided to join V-premier team directly just after graduating from high school, although about 98% of Japanese male volleyball players go on to university.)

So VNL is really important tournament for him to gain the experience.

(Sorry for my poor English :) )

• Can i ask if it was Kento Miyaura was the opposite then for the u19? This means he likes to prove to anyone that he can be the main one and not just the 2nd option. Well he’s been playing well these past matches.

• Kakeru This will be off topic here, so let's move Japanese NT thread ^^

Ok sure :D

• Was it confirmed that he will play VNW anymore ? Poland is good now, but I think they still need his leading when playing against touch teams in final 6.

I think that on OH it's quite clear, Kubiak has free time till the end of Nations League, Mika is still injured, only four sunames remains and it's Szalpuk, Kwolek, Bednorz and Śliwka.

• A hall is half empty in France even in a small gym.. And they will play in a football arena. :wall:

I agree with you. If France do not play the final it will be a problem. Volleyball doesnt semm so popular um FRance. A full gym would be better than a empty stadium. But lets see what happen.

Germany is a nice surprise.

• I just saw Poletaev in the Russian huddle. I hope the coach lets him play :win: