2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Reichert is very important for the German team. I'm also impressed by how they have improved in the last few weeks. I would say the credit goes to coach Giani.

I don't want to say this but we should also give credit to the VNL format and the fact this is also Germany's main tournament if we are excluding the mediterranean games.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I also partly agree with you. This is the most important tournament for them, so they have to make use of the chance.

Oh and please pardon my geography... Germany's not a part of Mediterannean games,right? :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• What has happened to Germany today? They defeated POL, USA and CAN, and lost to AUS? :what:

They lost their rhythm from set 4, and made too many mistakes. Besides, the AUS's performance became much better in the last two sets.

Sossenheimer's performance was not good today. I don't know why he was kept on the court. Zimmermann's setting became really conservative in the last two sets and the connection with the attacker started to lose. Two attacking mistakes made by Fromm in tiebreak kind of killed the last chance for GER.

Anyway, the young German team still got a long way to go. It's a lesson for them.

• Canada's opposites between the two of them were 0/7 in attack...... Canada virtually not using the right side of the court - but they still won the first set. Could have won it with a 6 point margin but in the end barely won it. Not sure they can get away with that from a big blocking team like USA....

• Canada's opposites between the two of them were 0/7 in attack...... Canada virtually not using the right side of the court - but they still won the first set. Could have won it with a 6 point margin but in the end barely won it. Not sure they can get away with that from a big blocking team like USA....

Exactly! Gunter even committed 2 errors and 1 blocked.

• And on cue..USA are on to it. 3 man blocks on the Canadian middles and outsides.

• Patch can't kill the ball in awkward positions. Nearly all the ball going to Russell are out of system and he commited the most faults during the 1st set.

#FreeBritney

• USA blocked pretty well because their serve is going in consistently. No discontinuity so the rhythm's back. Ben Patch made an unexpected serving run and played his best in the second set.

#FreeBritney