2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Refs tried to help Canada out of the hole they were in. USA kept their cool but what was the yellow card for? Glad nothing significant happened to flip the win on the other side for Canada.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• He can`t play in the Final 6 as he was not even included in the wide roster

He had a broken left tibia bone and surgery on March 20th....recovery 4-6 months.... even if he plays at the WCH his shape will certainly not be the best....
    Antiga is certainly not even counting on him that`s probably why Gavin S. was brought back.

If we make the final 6 he might play in that. Definitely for WCH though

• that is insane... and the orange retard wants to assure FIFA that the US should get the WC 2026? what joke... at least, he won't be president by then...

They already got it

• Maurício Souza (MB) has an abdominal injury and is out for (possibly) the rest of the VNL.

hopefully we get to see more of Otavio...

• hopefully we get to see more of Otavio...

That's what I'm hoping for, but we'll most likely see Lucão and Isac throughout this weekend since all games are supposed to be difficult (on paper at least)...
    Brazilian media has also just announced that Lipe is out with an elbow injury too. Lucas Lóh will join the team for the last weekend in Australia. Good freaking riddance.

• Hello this my prediction

Italy beat China

Australia win with corea but i think corea will win 1 set

Brasil beat canada

France Bulgaria i think over line 180.5 so i think they will be come at 4 set

Germany Beat Japan 3-0

Russia - Argentina can be sorprised,Argentina can beat this russia i think

:box: :box:

• I think this one could be close. Germany still has a lot of question marks and will have the distractions that come from playing on home turf.

Again, like last year after a disappointing WL, Germany had a pretty surprising comeback in this years VNL. Until the Poland match they looked like complete losers in most of their matches and not much hope was left for my part, i have to admit. Whatever Giani is doing with them, it seems to work. But like Bahkawdi, i am still careful. The match vs. Australia has shown that the whole construct still looks a bit feeble.
    As i read,FIVB stats are rather unreliable. Mark Lebedew made his own "best players list", which seems to be more reliable and interesting than the the stuff FIVB is providing....
    https://marklebedew.com/2018/0…-rankings-after-3-rounds/

• It seems USA denied VISA to some iranian player
    https://volleymob.com/iranian-…am-were-denied-u-s-visas/

well they had tons of problems to get the visa, had to work for that for months which is stupid. but I think Kolakovic is exaggerating here. Manavinejad is injured, he didn't use Salafzoun and Kazemi last weekend as well , and Toukhteh because of his age needs so many paperwork to leave the country, that's why he missed the 1st and 2nd weekends as well.

and I have to say, since this is a long long process, they started this for a group of players 3-4 months ago, I think Toukhteh and Kazemi weren't in the list at the time.

but yeah they didn't give visa to the team manager, but it happens all the time and whenever Iranians teams going to the USA, they always deny visa for some team members (mostly non-important members) just to show they have that power.
    bottom line, this is the team Kolakovic wanted to take to the US with himself. so no excuse.

• That's what I'm hoping for, but we'll most likely see Lucão and Isac throughout this weekend since all games are supposed to be difficult (on paper at least)...
    Brazilian media has also just announced that Lipe is out with an elbow injury too. Lucas Lóh will join the team for the last weekend in Australia. Good freaking riddance.

These injuries may turn out to be blessings in disguise. Lipe didn't do great in the matches he played anyway. I think Douglas brings the same and a bit more to the table - and he needs to be given more confidence in that position. It was good to see him in Russia- although he still looks tentative.

I think against Canada at least, Otavio should be starting. Lucao should be rested for a few matches because he has had back issues in the past.

• As i read,FIVB stats are rather unreliable. Mark Lebedew made his own "best players list", which seems to be more reliable and interesting than the the stuff FIVB is providing....
    https://marklebedew.com/2018/06/11/vnl-b…after-3-rounds/

That site is incredible. More accurate than FIVB and gives lots of insight like: Muserskiy is by far Russia's most important player, Matt Anderson should probably be passing as much as possible, and Ruben Schott should not be allowed on a volleyball court