2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• That site is incredible. More accurate than FIVB and gives lots of insight like: Muserskiy is by far Russia's most important player, Matt Anderson should probably be passing as much as possible, and Ruben Schott should not be allowed on a volleyball court

:lol:

Well, i wouldn't put it that harsh but generally i agree. You don't need the stats to see that he is a bit overchallenged at this level. I would still like to see Moritz Karlitzek who could help the team with his aggressive attacking. How he would handle reception remains to be seen.
    Direct link to stats collection: https://apps.untan.gl/vnl2018/

• Well, i wouldn't put it that harsh but generally i agree. You don't need the stats to see that he is a bit overchallenged at this level. I would still like to see Moritz Karlitzek who could help the team with his aggressive attacking. How he would handle reception remains to be seen.

Haha I was being cheeky, he's not a terrible player but I watched way too many unsuccessful Schott attacks in Milano this year and I don't like him taking away touches from guys like sossenheimer. Not familiar with Karlitzek, how is he as a player. And any unexpected insights you gained from Mark's stats?

• Not familiar with Karlitzek, how is he as a player. And any unexpected insights you gained from Mark's stats?

Well, Karlitzek has been one of the best OHs in past Bundesliga season. Not the tallest guy but a very explosive and high jumping player with a strong arm. He was a bit unlucky last year and this year with picking up injuries at the wrong moment. Unless he is physically okay, i would like to see him playing this weekend. Physically not so dominant teams like Japan and Argentina may suit his playing style.

Not finished with the stats yet but when it comes to the german team it is obvious that they are below average when it comes to reception (libero) and that they lack a player who can take reliably care of the high balls. Hirsch doesn't seem to be that player and is not enjoying a very good campaign so far. But there are still some matches to be played and stats still may be shuffled.

On the positive side, once the service is on (Zimmermann, Böhme!) the block is able to take care of things. Zimmermann obviuosly made a step forward and is a viable alternative to Kampa. The lack of a dominant attacker can also be an advantage, once the OHs hold a certain level. Equal distribution alsomakes the team difficult to scout......

P.S.
    Anyone has info on the russian roster for the weekend?

• OK. Tang Chuan-hang returned NT and played well. I just give this photo:

Images

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• TJ Sanders has been performing really good in the last weekends. The only "bad" match he had was against Germany, where he really took poor choices.
    However, against Italy, he played just flawless.
    Congrats Canada! You have just beaten the last olympic finalists :teach: