2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Canada are so average...

• Didn't watch the match, but it seems Vigrass was really impressive given his stats. 5/5 attacks, 5 blocks and 6 aces, more than double the points of the second best scorer. :box:

• Why isn't Dmitry Volkov playing on Russia?

• I know its too early but imagine things stay as they are and we have the pool of France, USA and Brazil, and the other of Poland, Italy and Russia...That could be quite interesting. Anyhow, apart from France (and USA who seem to have gathered themselves, but also have the home court advantage this weekend) the rest of the teams are very equal.

Anyway, I'm glad I I will be at the finals weekend!!!!!!

• Good match but Marouf and his ego just ruined the 5th set :mad: his choices were terrible in 5th set. and so many times he tried to score himself and Serbian players were ready for that.

looks like Iran will continue with 1W-2L per weekend ! I don't see them challenging USA with this depleted squad

• Why Ghafour is all the time on the match? Is he injured?

yep . he and Ghaemi both got injured in last training before the Poland match. Ghaemi comes sometimes just to receive but he can't jump.

Sharifi also got injured today. which means Iran have only 2 OH and 1 OP available for the next match. Yali. Ebadipour and MirzaJP will play the entire match no matter what.

very tough schedule for Iran, Iran played in France, Argentina, Russia and now USA. they traveled a lot ! probably more than any other team. those injuries were expected.

• POl needs their captain back, the team lost their way to find a victory. I do not think they can through to final 6 if playing like that. USA played really well at their home. I was impressed the perfect setting to Smith and Holt by Christenson. Defalco had some powerful attacks from zone 4 making the fan crazy :)

• Fantastic serving from USA. When you're serving 8-1. It's difficult to lose the match. Lol

Russell saved US from some bad spots while serving. Less erratic in my opinion and it helped a lot in the block and creating some needed separation especially in the second set.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• China's situation is nearly the same as Week 2 of WL 2017.
    All the matches that need to win are hard to win.

PS:
    Many people announced Raul Lozano should be fired. However, who could replace him? At least I think no one of Chinese coaches could.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I think he is not satisfied with OPP position. But Fromm and Bohme are not good choices, I would say. The young Weber could be a suitable candidate.

Since GER is not participating WCH, why is he still trying everything? I think their main goal is to enter the F6. If they could have won the past two matches, there is still a chance for them. Now it's highly impossible.

I don't know why neither Malescha nor Weber were in the roster. Malescha is surely no superstar but as an opposite i think he would have added more to team than Böhme/Fromm. Linus Weber is considered to be the biggest talent in german volleyball for quite some time and his breakthrough as a high standard opposite would be very needed. But he is still only 18 and hasn't even played Bundesliga Volleyball yet. So he is only a promise to the future so far and imho germany will have to go with Hirsch/Malescha/Marks for the next years....

Couldn’t watch the match. Who is that player?

He may refer to Egor Bogachev, Germany's second libero. He is only libero on paper and i don't think he will still see the court in VNL. He is a very talented OH whose actual weak points are reception/ball control. He is with the team for learning and hopefully this will pay out soon.