2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Ahahahahhaha Blengini didn’t use Lanza to create more ‘excuses’ . He is nothing without Juantorena and Zaytsev
    -Still hasn’t found any alternatives for Juantorena/Zaytsev. Nelli was so so ,Randazzo was disastrous .
    -No alternative for Giannelli. Eliminate Spirito after one bad game.
    -No new player
    -Guidetti qualified to Final Six with much less talented team ,so no excuse.

• Italy is nothing in attack without Zaytsev and Juantorena, I hope they will be soon back. We also have great problems with the setter: Giannelli is of course the first choice, but after him... nothing. Spirito played awfully against Japan in the last weekend, while Baranowicz was unwatchable today. Many sets were imprecise, there are no connection with the other players and some choices were questionable. Bad also Nelli and Randazzo.. so many silly mistakes and no concentration.
    In general, too many mistakes in attack and on serve. Australia had their job eased by all the mistakes Italy made.. just such a horrible thing to watch. I don't know if Italy can make it to finals, anyway these players that had the opportunity to show their value, they showed nothing. Bad, very bad impression.. I'm really disappointed!

• What's with this Japan team. They can go and play like the rest of the great teams. Is this going to be the sudden reversal of fortune? The JAP W team is going a bit down and the JAP M is on the rise?

Because they are playing against weakened teams. Argentina's level will rise dramatically when their key players like De Cecco returns to the national team.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Bulgaria is again playing very decent. Brasil may very well leave Varna with 3 defeats.

• Hopefully that's the case.

I don't know what's up with Brazil:/ They seem to be playing from bad to worse with each game. Honestly, I find it difficult to believe that they are on the verge of losing against this Bul team...

• Interesting development. Both of the league leaders last week got swept this week.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• USA was able to sweep their pool without dropping a set.

This DeFalco kid is really something. Not the hardest hitter nor highest leaper but has very good VB IQ. If he can stay healthy, I can see him having the same success as Giba or Murilo. He should skip his last playing year of college and turn pro.

• USA was able to sweep their pool without dropping a set.

This DeFalco kid is really something. Not the hardest hitter nor highest leaper but has very good VB IQ. If he can stay healthy, I can see him having the same success as Giba or Murilo. He should skip his last playing year of college and turn pro.

Agreed. He has huge potential indeed. EUA really is having lots of success in the OH department lately with Sander, Russell, Jaeschke and DeFalco.
    Speaking of Jaeschke, is there any news on his injury?

• Speaking of Jaeschke, is there any news on his injury?

Torn ACL. No recovery times given but that's roughly 6-9 months after surgery.

#FreeBritney

• ;( ;(

I think Iran deserved a set at least. that was a good game for such inexperienced squad. Vadi, Mojarrad and Yali never played for national team seriously before this weekend. still the only difference between two teams was their much better serves.

winning 4 out of 12 matches so far is a poor result but in general I'm satisfied with the performance (mostly because I had very low expectations) Kolakovic tried so many young and new players . he was supposed to go full force for the last weekend in Tehran but now some players are injured and not available. still he knows he has to win all 3 home matches to have a respectful result overall.