You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Monday, June 18th 2018, 2:23am

USA was able to sweep their pool without dropping a set.

This DeFalco kid is really something. Not the hardest hitter nor highest leaper but has very good VB IQ. If he can stay healthy, I can see him having the same success as Giba or Murilo. He should skip his last playing year of college and turn pro.

Agreed. He has huge potential indeed. EUA really is having lots of success in the OH department lately with Sander, Russell, Jaeschke and DeFalco.
Speaking of Jaeschke, is there any news on his injury?
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Monday, June 18th 2018, 2:33am

Torn ACL. No recovery times given but that's roughly 6-9 months after surgery.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

mosi

Intermediate

• "mosi" is male

Favourite Team: Iran NT, Italy NT, Japan NT, Bulgaria NT

Favourite Players: Alessandro Fei

Monday, June 18th 2018, 2:57am

;( ;(

I think Iran deserved a set at least. that was a good game for such inexperienced squad. Vadi, Mojarrad and Yali never played for national team seriously before this weekend. still the only difference between two teams was their much better serves.

winning 4 out of 12 matches so far is a poor result but in general I'm satisfied with the performance (mostly because I had very low expectations) Kolakovic tried so many young and new players . he was supposed to go full force for the last weekend in Tehran but now some players are injured and not available. still he knows he has to win all 3 home matches to have a respectful result overall.

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Monday, June 18th 2018, 3:13am

USA qualifies if they win atleast a tournament point or Italy/Serbia loses another match.

Russia needs to beat any of USA/France/Italy to qualify.

Brazil and Poland are on the same group so one of the teams will lose a match.

Serbia needs to win all matches in their group if Italy sweeps their group.

Italy with a very complicated and difficult fixture. Their fate depends on their own doing and the results of other contending teams in other groups.

Canada needs to win all their matches with maximum tournament points under the condition two of Brazil,Poland,Serbia and Italy stay on 9-6 ranking with below 26 tournament points.

Japan... Well you'll never know. Improbable but not impossible.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rains" (Jun 18th 2018, 3:19am)

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Monday, June 18th 2018, 3:27am

Torn ACL. No recovery times given but that's roughly 6-9 months after surgery.
Like I thought. Too bad. Hope he recovers well.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Monday, June 18th 2018, 3:42am

who is going to join France on the final 6 based on the current points & performance?

brahmin

Master

• "brahmin" is male

Favourite Team: USA Men NT, USA Women NT, Japan Women NT

Monday, June 18th 2018, 4:09am

Japan's lack of points will kill their chances as every team in front of them has more wins and points. Still have a possibility but need a ton of help.

Basically whoever can get to 9 wins should be in. USA at 10, Russia at 9 and both have point advantages over teams behind them.

Brazil are all but in with a win, as Poland would be too.

Serbia need wins, as an Italy win combined with a Serbia loss puts the Italians in front of them and on points too.

Canada needs Italy and Serbia to lose as Poland and Brazil are too far ahead on points and wins.

I think that the current USA, Russia, Brazil, Poland and Serbia make the Final 6 maybe not in that order.

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Team: Russian NT, Serbia NT

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Yesterday, 3:58am

Russia possibly could still lose all their games this week: Italy, USA, France and they can be out of contention in Final 6. But Italy will need to win all three games as well for them to have a chance to qualify. Is Zaystev and Juantorena confirmed to play 5th week? If not, then Russia just needs to win against Italy and they are secured of their spot.

Off-topic, I saw the replay of Poland-Serbia and I must say Kochanowksi is such a talented MB for his age. If he develops well as a player, I think he will have a bright future in Poland NT.

Bahkawdi

Trainee

Favourite Team: Canadian NT, MIlano

Favourite Players: Trevor Clevenot, Sharone Vernon-Evans, Luke Perry

Yesterday, 3:38pm

Off-topic, I saw the replay of Poland-Serbia and I must say Kochanowksi is such a talented MB for his age. If he develops well as a player, I think he will have a bright future in Poland NT.
Welcome to the bandwagon haha. Some exciting young middle blockers in this tournament with Kochanowski, Loser, and Chineneyeze. If only Gyimah had been able to play :tzz:

Yesterday, 10:33pm

Is Zaystev and Juantorena confirmed to play 5th week? If not, then Russia just needs to win against Italy and they are secured of their spot.

Zaytsev and Giannelli comes back for the last week while Juantorena will remain outside the squad, at least according to this source: https://www.oasport.it/2018/06/volley-na…out-juantorena/

Bahkawdi

Trainee

Favourite Team: Canadian NT, MIlano

Favourite Players: Trevor Clevenot, Sharone Vernon-Evans, Luke Perry

Today, 3:10am

Zaytsev and Giannelli comes back for the last week while Juantorena will remain outside the squad, at least according to this source: https://www.oasport.it/2018/06/volley-na…out-juantorena/
Even with Zaytsev and Gianelli I don't like their odds without juantorena.

Social bookmarks