2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• USA qualifies if they win atleast a tournament point or Italy/Serbia loses another match.

Russia needs to beat any of USA/France/Italy to qualify.

Brazil and Poland are on the same group so one of the teams will lose a match.

Serbia needs to win all matches in their group if Italy sweeps their group.

Italy with a very complicated and difficult fixture. Their fate depends on their own doing and the results of other contending teams in other groups.

Canada needs to win all their matches with maximum tournament points under the condition two of Brazil,Poland,Serbia and Italy stay on 9-6 ranking with below 26 tournament points.

Japan... Well you'll never know. Improbable but not impossible.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• Japan's lack of points will kill their chances as every team in front of them has more wins and points. Still have a possibility but need a ton of help.

Basically whoever can get to 9 wins should be in. USA at 10, Russia at 9 and both have point advantages over teams behind them.

Brazil are all but in with a win, as Poland would be too.

Serbia need wins, as an Italy win combined with a Serbia loss puts the Italians in front of them and on points too.

Canada needs Italy and Serbia to lose as Poland and Brazil are too far ahead on points and wins.

I think that the current USA, Russia, Brazil, Poland and Serbia make the Final 6 maybe not in that order.

• Russia possibly could still lose all their games this week: Italy, USA, France and they can be out of contention in Final 6. But Italy will need to win all three games as well for them to have a chance to qualify. Is Zaystev and Juantorena confirmed to play 5th week? If not, then Russia just needs to win against Italy and they are secured of their spot.

Off-topic, I saw the replay of Poland-Serbia and I must say Kochanowksi is such a talented MB for his age. If he develops well as a player, I think he will have a bright future in Poland NT.

• Off-topic, I saw the replay of Poland-Serbia and I must say Kochanowksi is such a talented MB for his age. If he develops well as a player, I think he will have a bright future in Poland NT.

Welcome to the bandwagon haha. Some exciting young middle blockers in this tournament with Kochanowski, Loser, and Chineneyeze. If only Gyimah had been able to play :tzz:

• So if we are to believe Maxim's instagram account (yes he has one!), it seems he is traveling to Italy and will be part of Russian roster. With Mikhaylov now in the picture, Russia OPP position got upgraded and I think we will see some interesting matchups

Mikhaylov x Zaytsev = The Russian vs pseudo-Russian :lol:

Mikhaylov x Anderson = current Kazan teammates

Mikhaylov x Ngapeth = soon-to-be club teammates

But I think the bigger question is what happened to Poletaev? He was part of Russian roster in 3rd week, but completely absent in 4th week :what:

• What could be the reason for Russell to trade roles with Anderson mid-games?

Christenson and Anderson still have no connection at pos 2.
    Anderson passes better in pos 6 and Russell is more efficient in attack.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• China 3-1 Japan [25-16,25-21,18-25,25-22]
    Jiang Chuan 26 > 17 Nishida Yuji
    [I prefer the surname of Chinese and Japanese people first]

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Mikhaylov and Poletaev confirmed part of Russian roster along with Volvich. Russians are serious t go to Final 6 :box: