You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ryleybarnes

Intermediate

Friday, May 25th 2018, 7:39pm

Russia is super strong. I cant see anyone challenge them this year.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Friday, May 25th 2018, 7:42pm

Russia literally just played their first set in the competition.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Team: Russian NT, Serbia NT

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Friday, May 25th 2018, 7:44pm

I agree and they have the deepest bench this year. The only missing person is Kurkaev, he is better in block than Vlasov but with Muserskiy back this won't affect them too much.

Friday, May 25th 2018, 7:53pm

is that wonder kid that has an incredible jump height playing for Russia? I can't remember his name. he is playing on the OPP position.

anyway, can you guys share any links for the Men's VNL?

ryleybarnes

Intermediate

Friday, May 25th 2018, 7:55pm

Sharone is recovering from knee operation I guess? Hell be back before WCH. CAN are playing like a fool now.

Friday, May 25th 2018, 7:56pm

Volkov?

Or maybe are you confused a bit and you trying to refer to the Canadian Sharon Vernon Evans?? Because Sharon is the one with the huge jump.

Either way Sharon Vernon is injured...maybe he will come back for the WCH.
is that wonder kid that has an incredible jump height playing for Russia? I can't remember his name. he is playing on the OPP position.

Friday, May 25th 2018, 7:59pm

i just remember, his name is Viktor Polataev, something like that. is he still playing for the NT?

ryleybarnes

Intermediate

Friday, May 25th 2018, 7:59pm

Oh my mistake. He may refer to eith2 Volkov or Potalaev.

Friday, May 25th 2018, 8:00pm

Oh my mistake. He may refer to eith2 Volkov or Potalaev.
indeed i was referring to poletaev

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Favourite Players: W: Nataliya Goncharova, Irina Fetisova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Evgeniya Startseva, Stefana Veljkovic, Maja Ognejovic, Saori Kimura, Thaisa Menesez M: Maxim Mikhaylov

Friday, May 25th 2018, 8:01pm

Yes he is listed in the 21-man roster this VNL. It seems the coach is starting Bakun instead of Poletaev. Also, I never thought it's possible that Muserskiy and Bakun able to play at the same time? Is this allowed since technically they were just naturalized from Ukranian to Russian I thought the limit was only 1 player.

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Friday, May 25th 2018, 8:02pm

He's probably talking about Viktor Poletaev.

I think the guy is undergoing strengthening rehab based on his instagram stories. I don't know when he'll come back but it should be pretty soon.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

ryleybarnes

Intermediate

Friday, May 25th 2018, 8:03pm

Russia are playing with 2 Ukrainian​s on the court.

Friday, May 25th 2018, 8:04pm

Yes he is listed in the 21-man roster this VNL. It seems the coach is starting Bakun instead of Poletaev. Also, I never thought it's possible that Muserskiy and Bakun able to play at the same time? Is this allowed since technically they were just naturalized from Ukranian to Russian I thought the limit was only 1 player.
i wish i could see him starting some times on the next games. he is an incredible attacker with crazy jumping height. seems like you are so familiar with the Russian team, would you mind to tell me is Poletaev have the potential to be the next big thing from Russia?

and can someone tell me why is Ishikawa not playing? is he even on the roster?

Friday, May 25th 2018, 8:05pm

He's probably talking about Viktor Poletaev.

I think the guy is undergoing strengthening rehab based on his instagram stories. I don't know when he'll come back but it should be pretty soon.
yes, he is the one. did he suffered from any injuries recently?
Russia are playing with 2 Ukrainian​s on the court.
is that even allowed? :white:

ryleybarnes

Intermediate

Friday, May 25th 2018, 8:08pm

I wonder the same. As far as I know, FIVB allow 1 naturalized player. But they have Bakun and number 15.

Friday, May 25th 2018, 8:08pm

Volkov is the Russian Captain?? I think he`s too young...

Weird that neither Grankin and Butko will be playing VNL.

ryleybarnes

Intermediate

Friday, May 25th 2018, 8:09pm

France are playing so fast.

inc0gnito

Intermediate

Friday, May 25th 2018, 8:10pm

i wish i could see him starting some times on the next games. he is an incredible attacker with crazy jumping height. seems like you are so familiar with the Russian team, would you mind to tell me is Poletaev have the potential to be the next big thing from Russia?

In the Russian SuperLeague, he is the most prolific opposite other than Mikhaylov. He obviously has potential, but Russia is crazy in love with their tall opposites and I think this is what holds him back. At this rate, he should already be Russian NT main opp without Maksim in the picture but I guess the coach has other plans.

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Friday, May 25th 2018, 8:13pm

I wonder the same. As far as I know, FIVB allow 1 naturalized player. But they have Bakun and number 15.

You can have as many naturalized players as you want, the point is that it's only allowed to have one player who has competed on an another NT before.
I don't think Muserskiy ever represented Ukraine on senior level.

Friday, May 25th 2018, 8:13pm

In the Russian SuperLeague, he is the most prolific opposite other than Mikhaylov. He obviously has potential, but Russia is crazy in love with their tall opposites and I think this is what holds him back. At this rate, he should already be Russian NT main opp without Maksim in the picture but I guess the coach has other plans.
yes, he is quite short if you comapre him to all the other russians. hopefully he can show his worth during this olympic cycle.

Social bookmarks