2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• Russia is super strong. I cant see anyone challenge them this year.

I agree and they have the deepest bench this year. The only missing person is Kurkaev, he is better in block than Vlasov but with Muserskiy back this won't affect them too much.

• Volkov?

Or maybe are you confused a bit and you trying to refer to the Canadian Sharon Vernon Evans?? Because Sharon is the one with the huge jump.

Either way Sharon Vernon is injured...maybe he will come back for the WCH.

is that wonder kid that has an incredible jump height playing for Russia? I can't remember his name. he is playing on the OPP position.

anyway, can you guys share any links for the Men's VNL?

• is that wonder kid that has an incredible jump height playing for Russia? I can't remember his name. he is playing on the OPP position.

anyway, can you guys share any links for the Men's VNL?

Yes he is listed in the 21-man roster this VNL. It seems the coach is starting Bakun instead of Poletaev. Also, I never thought it's possible that Muserskiy and Bakun able to play at the same time? Is this allowed since technically they were just naturalized from Ukranian to Russian I thought the limit was only 1 player.

• He's probably talking about Viktor Poletaev.

I think the guy is undergoing strengthening rehab based on his instagram stories. I don't know when he'll come back but it should be pretty soon.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Yes he is listed in the 21-man roster this VNL. It seems the coach is starting Bakun instead of Poletaev. Also, I never thought it's possible that Muserskiy and Bakun able to play at the same time? Is this allowed since technically they were just naturalized from Ukranian to Russian I thought the limit was only 1 player.

i wish i could see him starting some times on the next games. he is an incredible attacker with crazy jumping height. seems like you are so familiar with the Russian team, would you mind to tell me is Poletaev have the potential to be the next big thing from Russia?

and can someone tell me why is Ishikawa not playing? is he even on the roster?

• i wish i could see him starting some times on the next games. he is an incredible attacker with crazy jumping height. seems like you are so familiar with the Russian team, would you mind to tell me is Poletaev have the potential to be the next big thing from Russia?

and can someone tell me why is Ishikawa not playing? is he even on the roster?

In the Russian SuperLeague, he is the most prolific opposite other than Mikhaylov. He obviously has potential, but Russia is crazy in love with their tall opposites and I think this is what holds him back. At this rate, he should already be Russian NT main opp without Maksim in the picture but I guess the coach has other plans.

• I wonder the same. As far as I know, FIVB allow 1 naturalized player. But they have Bakun and number 15.

You can have as many naturalized players as you want, the point is that it's only allowed to have one player who has competed on an another NT before.
    I don't think Muserskiy ever represented Ukraine on senior level.

• In the Russian SuperLeague, he is the most prolific opposite other than Mikhaylov. He obviously has potential, but Russia is crazy in love with their tall opposites and I think this is what holds him back. At this rate, he should already be Russian NT main opp without Maksim in the picture but I guess the coach has other plans.

yes, he is quite short if you comapre him to all the other russians. hopefully he can show his worth during this olympic cycle.

• You can have as many naturalized players as you want, the point is that it's only allowed to have one player who has competed on an another NT before.
    I don't think Muserskiy ever represented Ukraine on senior level.

Thanks for shedding light on this Joanna. So this rule only applies to Goncharova in the women's team since if I remember correctly she represented Ukraine NT in the past.