2018 Volleyball Nations League (VNL)

• In Ningbo, the audience are more than the ones yesterday.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Serbia has a very good MB duo. And tbh I am having a huge crush on Lisinac. :lol: Japan with Lee and Yamauichi is pretty good, too.

I don't like M. Souza attitude --- seems like he is pissed about everything. And he is not even that good. But my oh my, what is these old people still doing in this tournament? Don't Brazil has a huge pool of talented youngsters? Isn't this would be the right time to try them?

• Does Konstantinov know what his team's problems are? :gone:

I could point one out loud and say he should get rid off Uchikov, he's not doing anything on defense, he is slow and he can't get any good timing off his jump when the setter is forced set to him when you need a scorer. They need an athletic opposite to come up big against USA. Team has younger and fresher legs and they are outliving them in defense.USA is not even doing anything special but they are beating them. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Does Konstantinov know what his team's problems are? :gone:

I could point one out loud and say he should get rid off Uchikov, he's not doing anything on defense, he is slow and he can't get any good timing off his jump when the setter is forced set to him when you need a scorer. They need an athletic opposite to come up big against USA. Team has younger and fresher legs and they are outliving them in defense.USA is not even doing anything special but they are beating them. :white:

where do you watch the match? i can only depend on sportsdeutchland re-live. :lol:

• where do you watch the match? i can only depend on sportsdeutchland re-live. :lol:

livetv.sx just go to the volleyball icon and you'll find the matches.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Watching the Germany-Italy match on the small screen of my phone, I thought Germany had 7 players on court. I then realized that the seventh person was a line judge wearing the same color scheme as the German team.
    I hope Brazil bring in young guns like Rodriguinho, Felipe Roque and Honorato soon. Watching them veterans play together is literally getting old. They can keep the setters, though. They're always great to watch.
    Speaking of Honorato, he's a bit short, isn't he? You guys think he might go the way of Gabi and become a libero if he doesn't grow a few more cms?

• I think this Jiang is going to be a great Opp of China. I though Diao was the one, but it seems Jiang will be the main one in Tokyo.

Diao? Do you mean Dai Qing-yao? Dai Qing-yao's injury is heavy though in fact, he also plays as an OH but Jiang Chuan doesn't.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Quite a strong arm from KYK's boyfriend. :drink:

#FreeBritney

• Velasco is from ARG, right? As well as Lozano. Hmm.... ARG is well represented in this match. :-)

Also, these two teams met earlier this month, right? Friendly games.... are we seeing the same roster? iirc, CHN lost a few matches during that.

• Chinese block can be very intimidating.

If they only controlled their nerves before Bulgaria, they could've gotten two wins already. Argentina's overall height is not that bad but these chinese guys are tall that it helps even with just an average jumping, argentina should have trouble in attacking that wall.

I think the setter is very good and he's only 22 years old. That height and great footwork for his size gives China an advantage over argentina even with the attack. He's also pretty creative using the middle blockers in awkward positions. It reminds me somehow of Sole with Giannelli in Trentino.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• China 3-0 Argentina [25-22,25-21,25-18]

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu