You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male
  • "YavorD" started this thread

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 4:07pm

CEV European League 2018

A new format for the 2018 European League: source. CEV now introduce two tiers - Golden League and Silver League. The two finalists of the Golden League will, unless FIVB decide otherwise again, play in the FIVB Challenger Cup alongside 4 other confederation representatives for a spot or the right to challenge (I don't know, it doesn't say) the weakest 2018 Volleyball Nations League challenger (one among Australia, Bulgaria, Canada, South Korea).

Golden League

Pool A

Belgium
Estonia
Slovakia
Sweden

Pool B

Slovenia
Netherlands
Turkey
Ukraine

Pool C

Finland
Czech Republic
Portugal
Spain

Finals will be held in Karlovy Vary, Czech Rep.

Silver League

Pool A

FYR of Macedonia
Latvia
Austria
Kosovo

Pool B

Belarus
Croatia
Hungary
Albania

Finals will be held in Skopje, FYR of Macedonia.

YavorD

Setter

• "YavorD" is male
  • "YavorD" started this thread

Favourite Team: Bulgarian NT, Neftochimik Burgas, Belogorie Belgorod, Sisley Treviso

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 4:16pm

I don't like many of FIVB's practices and yet another new format for the World (Nations) League might be surplus, but it resulted in a decent European League at least. With Belgium, Slovenia, Estonia, Czech Rep., Finland, Portugal, Slovakia, and Turkey back in business, the otherwise down-trending European League might come to life, in what seems to be the best edition we've had in years. It is a different subject whether teams should be motivated to play under the ever changing FIVB/CEV regulations. But even so, the level should rise. Belgium and Slovenia at least should take it as a preparation for the World Championship. They probably won't care that much about the newly formed FIVB league :D

Surprisingly, there is no Greece, Montenegro, and Romania.

B. Moreira

Professional

• "B. Moreira" is male

Favourite Team: Minas Tenis Clube, Novara, Pesaro,ACH Volley Bled, Germany NT, Netherlands NT, Poland NT, Korea NT, ...

Monday, April 30th 2018, 1:29pm

Slovenia will play European League without Urnaut, Pajenk, Sket, Gasparini, Vincic and Ropret, according to CEV site. Maybe they are not so much interested in play Nations Legaue, after what happened this year.

Anyway, they still have a good team. I hope we can see Ziga Stern playing a lot this year. I think he is a good player.

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Monday, April 30th 2018, 1:46pm

Slovenia will play European League without Urnaut, Pajenk, Sket, Gasparini, Vincic and Ropret, according to CEV site. Maybe they are not so much interested in play Nations Legaue, after what happened this year.

Anyway, they still have a good team. I hope we can see Ziga Stern playing a lot this year. I think he is a good player.

Their pool looks like a group of death. Ukraine, Turkey and Netherlands. Those are not average teams in my opinion.

I think that's a great call from Kovac. They should concentrate on the world championship and I hope they find another good opposite in the process. Gasparini does not seem viable in two more years.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

B. Moreira

Professional

• "B. Moreira" is male

Favourite Team: Minas Tenis Clube, Novara, Pesaro,ACH Volley Bled, Germany NT, Netherlands NT, Poland NT, Korea NT, ...

Tuesday, May 8th 2018, 3:37pm

If Turkey plays with the team that was in Ech last year i think they will be a tough opponent.

B. Moreira

Professional

• "B. Moreira" is male

Wednesday, May 23rd 2018, 4:54pm

Turkey won 3x2 against Netherlands.

I really like Van Garderen. I hope he can be a start next season in a good team.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Wednesday, May 23rd 2018, 7:12pm

Watching EST-BEL and I had no idea Oliver Venno played as OH. :what:
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

ryleybarnes

Intermediate

Saturday, May 26th 2018, 9:35pm

Oleh Plotnytskyi​ was so good tonight both offense and defense. Serie A treated him well

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ryleybarnes" (May 26th 2018, 9:44pm)

B. Moreira

Professional

• "B. Moreira" is male

Saturday, May 26th 2018, 9:43pm

Oleh Plotnytskyi​ was so good tonight both offense and defense. Serie A trated him well
I think he will be one of the best OH in near future. He is still young and has a lot to improve but i see a grat potencial in him.

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 8:15pm

a tie break is being played atm btw Portugal - Finland...i think the winner is going to make it to semis
http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/livestream/2…gal-finland-len
meso mi ra se beno...

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Favourite Players: LLoy Ball, Pavel Zagumny, Nikola Grbic, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitry Muserskiy. Murillo Endres, Nikolay Pavlov, Luciano De Cecco

Thursday, June 14th 2018, 7:12pm

The final between Estonia and Czech Republic just started:

http://www.laola1.tv/de-de/livestream/vo…nner-finale-lde

Venno doesn't look very comfortable in his role as a receiver :whistle:
never mess with your setter......

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "TimHH" (Jun 14th 2018, 7:19pm)

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Thursday, June 14th 2018, 7:51pm

Did he ever play as a receiver before this tournament? :lol: I'd think Teppan would be best suited for the OH role given his biotype, but I might be completely wrong...

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Favourite Players: LLoy Ball, Pavel Zagumny, Nikola Grbic, Robertlandy Simon, Dmitry Muserskiy. Murillo Endres, Nikolay Pavlov, Luciano De Cecco

Thursday, June 14th 2018, 8:04pm

Did he ever play as a receiver before this tournament? :lol: I'd think Teppan would be best suited for the OH role given his biotype, but I might be completely wrong...
Well, whatever we think about it, it seems coach made the right choice. Estonia is leading 2:0 and is on the way to the title. With their good blocking, they are sucking a lot of energy out of czech team, who are playing a bit disappointing, i have to say...

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Thursday, June 14th 2018, 8:20pm

Maybe they just wanted a taller block at 4. Finger hasn't been given that many balls compared to last night it seems.
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

TimHH

Master

• "TimHH" is male

Thursday, June 14th 2018, 8:30pm

Congrats Estonia :cup: :drink:

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Friday, June 15th 2018, 12:45am

Well, whatever we think about it, it seems coach made the right choice. Estonia is leading 2:0 and is on the way to the title. With their good blocking, they are sucking a lot of energy out of czech team, who are playing a bit disappointing, i have to say...

Thought Czech Rep. would put up a better fight, but oh well...
Seeing Estonia in VNL next year would definitely be interesting, especially considering both Belgium and Slovenia are still out. :whistle: I'm curious to see if they'll be able to beat Korea (most likely) in the Challenger Cup.

Bahkawdi

Trainee

Favourite Team: Canadian NT, MIlano

Favourite Players: Trevor Clevenot, Sharone Vernon-Evans, Luke Perry

Friday, June 15th 2018, 2:06am

Seeing Estonia in VNL next year would definitely be interesting, especially considering both Belgium and Slovenia are still out. I'm curious to see if they'll be able to beat Korea (most likely) in the Challenger Cup.
No chance Korea can beat Estonia :read:

Friday, June 15th 2018, 2:53am

i think EST lost to TPE last year, so ... who knows...

Friday, June 15th 2018, 3:01am

my mistake, just checked and EST beat TPE 3-2, but if they struggled against TPE...

Friday, June 15th 2018, 11:24am

Teams in Challenger Cup for a place in VNL will
Be:

Portugal (Host)
Estonia
Czech
Kazakhstan
Chile
Cuba

Can somebody confirm, do you have to pay 1M dollars to compete in VNL after you win Challenger Cup?

Social bookmarks